Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

It is my understanding that Paul Gaustad is suffering from a concussion and will be out several weeks.

When did he get hit hard enough to be concussed? Everything i read said the injury was from the scrum, but I don't see him get smacked upside the dome...

maybe that was Tootoo's goal all along, get rid of Goose, so that every other team can run Miller :blink:

I kid...and digress...

When did he get hit hard enough to be concussed? Everything i read said the injury was from the scrum, but I don't see him get smacked upside the dome...

maybe that was Tootoo's goal all along, get rid of Goose, so that every other team can run Miller :blink:

I kid...and digress...

He got concussed when Lucic beat the tar out of him. His game just doesnt look much different whether he is 50% or 100%

Lucic already took Miller out, how would it look if Gaustad went down after that game. "Just Sayin"

Its not like he had a choice to get into that fight and he hasn't been hitting at all or shown any signs of enforcing since that game.

I'm chalking that one up to sarcasm. If not, go review the Tootoo clip.

Not really sarcasm. He absolutely had to go after TOOTOO after what happened in Boston, especially what he said. After that he was out though right.

If you have a wrist injury and can to play through it, you do favoring and protecting it until that shot or slash that puts you on the shelf.

He got concussed when Lucic beat the tar out of him. His game just doesnt look much different whether he is 50% or 100%

Lucic already took Miller out, how would it look if Gaustad went down after that game. "Just Sayin"

Its not like he had a choice to get into that fight and he hasn't been hitting at all or shown any signs of enforcing since that game.

you're kidding right? (please tell me my sarcasm meter is broken) I'm pretty sure pride aside, if he had gotten concussed from fighting Lucic, it would've been diagnosed before Nashville's game...just sayin.

And he DEFINITELY had the choice to fight Tootoo or do what he did (not) do the first go round. And he definitely intended to (try) to beat the pulp out of Tootoo.

I'm chalking that one up to sarcasm. If not, go review the Tootoo clip.

:w00t: :w00t:

Oy, not good -- sounds as though Gerbe may have a concussion from the boarding last night:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article663933.ece

Nathan Gerbe, who later left with concussion symptoms, coughed up the puck at the Buffalo blue line to Jakub Voracek.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=605286&navid=DL|BUF|home

NOTES: Nathan Gerbe was injured in the second period when he was hit from behind on the boards by Philadelphia’s Marc-Andre Bourdon, who only received a two-minute boarding minor on the play. Gerbe didn’t return to the game with what was called an upper body injury, but Ruff said after the game that he wasn’t feeling “clear.”

I was really hoping he'd just re-opened the cut on his face or something... they're dropping like flies! :(

Oy, not good -- sounds as though Gerbe may have a concussion from the boarding last night:

http://www.buffalone...ticle663933.ece

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

I was really hoping he'd just re-opened the cut on his face or something... they're dropping like flies! :(

I thought Bourdon got 5 for boarding and Ellis got 5 for instigating, and I was already pissed about that. But if Bourdon really only got 2 for the boarding? Then that's a joke lol

I thought Bourdon got 5 for boarding and Ellis got 5 for instigating, and I was already pissed about that. But if Bourdon really only got 2 for the boarding? Then that's a joke lol

Bourdon:2 for boarding, 5 for fighting

Ellis: 2 for instigating (what a joke), 5 for fighting, 10 minute misconduct

It's definitely disturbing that a cheap hit like that one is allowed to go mostly unpunished, while the guy who does everything right (and gets pummeled for it gets 17 minutes).

OK, just trying to put a true number on the value of the injuries suffered by the Sabres this year.

People may disagree, but given a full healthy group of players, your top 6 defensemen as shown by Ruff are Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, and Gragnani.

Even though Ruff said Enroth and Miller were 1a and 1b, I think the safe assumption now is that Miller is your #1.

The forwards, you would think that Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, Lieno, Ennis, Boyes, Hecht, Gerbe, Gaustad, Adam and Kaleta are your top 12.....not in exact order but roundabout.

If this is the case, how many man-games have the Sabres actually lost to injury?

Gaustad 1, Gerbe 1, Stafford 1, Regehr 1, Leopold 3, Boyes 6, Myers 7, Kaleta 10, Ennis 17, Hecht 20

Yes guys like McCormick and Weber have been hurt, but given your best roster, they weren't or wouldn't be playing. Miller missed 8 games, but given the rotation at the time, that could be reduced to anywhere between 2 and 6.

So what do we really have? From your top 20 players, you had 75 man-games lost so far. I don't know offhand where other teams are, and I won't talk down the number. However, two players in Hecht and Kaleta have been in and out of the lineup for 2 years now. I don't know about you, but I don't count on them to be healthy bodies. Sad thing is, Hecht looks the best he has in 4 years. Ennis has been just about worthless from an offensive standpoint.

The biggest difference maker to miss time has been Myers, and he was a healthy scratch 2 games prior to being injured. Miller was erratic at best before his injury and had been relegated to 1b.

The 5 captains on the other hand have missed a total of 2 games.

Your top 6 defensemen that were raved about have missed a total of 11 games.

I understand the idea of organizational depth, and yes it is valued, however the pure raw numbers of games missed by supposed actual difference makers on this team is almost shockingly low given the vibe around the team.

I just wanted to post these as I looked them up to ask myself if I have been too critical of the team for using injuries as an excuse.

OK, just trying to put a true number on the value of the injuries suffered by the Sabres this year.

If this is the case, how many man-games have the Sabres actually lost to injury?

Gaustad 1, Gerbe 1, Stafford 1, Regehr 1, Leopold 3, Boyes 6, Myers 7, Kaleta 10, Ennis 17, Hecht 20

So what do we really have? From your top 20 players, you had 75 man-games lost so far. I don't know offhand where other teams are, and I won't talk down the number.

I just wanted to post these as I looked them up to ask myself if I have been too critical of the team for using injuries as an excuse.

Edited your post for brevity, but IMO the issue isn't so much about who has been out of the lineup as it is that the injuries have necessitated constant changing of the forward lines and D pairings. It doesn't excuse all the times when they mentally lost games they should have won, but chemistry and flow are tough to come by with the roster in constant flux.

the injuries are an evil plot by Rivet to end up playing for us again!!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Goose has a concussion and Weber broke a bone (upper body) but Webs could return soon and Goose was experiencing concussion symptoms as of this past weekend so I hope he recovers soon because I like him.

Without these injuries, the level of toughness that has presented itself in the last couple of weeks would have never surfaced. McNabb, Kassian and Tropp have brought something to this team that will hopefully spread throughout the locker-room once this team gets into April. They have also shown that there is no doubt in my mind a trade is coming up in the next couple months that will allow some of the toughness to stay up.

Until this team gets Myers back (and back to form), the full potential of this team will be a question mark. Sabres are 3 points out of the division lead (shocking) and have not had a chance to gel with the toughness on board. Throw Myers, Gerbe, Gaustad, Kaleta and Weber in with some of the call ups, let some lines gel for a month or so and people will be surprised. Throw in the possibility that Miller improves and this might not be the trainwreck that many people see.

Toughness

Trade

Myers

Miller

Learn it, know it, live it

You forgot Miller, Weber & McCormick. ;)

I added Miller in the total number.

Weber wasn't playing and McCormick is a redundant injury fill-in. But I assume you got the jist.

I agree that the toughness and "compete" we have seen from the fill-ins more than makes up for some of these softies that are in and out. McNabb is just an instinctive defenseman. That is how you play the game....the way he has since day 1 here. I love Szczechura even though he is not all world in potential. he just hustles in every little aspect and has great awareness.

I hope some trades are coming. That still doesn't excuse the team for drafting guys years ago and hoping they would come along in time, yet ignore toughness and effort in the meantime. It's like a fatty saying they need to get in shape and then order a treadmill that won't be in stock for 3 years. Meanwhile the beer and Doritos keep going down the gullet.

Speaking of which....I need beer....

I realize it is a moot point when the Sabres get healthier, but I'd take Sczfsfsfsf any day over Ellis. Anyone who has watched Ellis for the last few years believe that he could have made that pass to Pominville? I'd like at least a LITTLE bit of offense from my 4th line.

I realize it is a moot point when the Sabres get healthier, but I'd take Sczfsfsfsf any day over Ellis. Anyone who has watched Ellis for the last few years believe that he could have made that pass to Pominville? I'd like at least a LITTLE bit of offense from my 4th line.

I agree!

And wow GoDD, I didn't realize we'd lost 75 man-games. that number seems high for this early in the season! hopefully after we get healthy, the injury bug doesn't rear it's head at us again the rest of the season! :bag:

Archived