Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

Read somewhere else it was actually 27 stitches. He didnt play because he couldnt sleep the night before the game because he kept rolling onto his stitches and he was in a lot of pain. His lips and his nose were cut in the incident. But i am sure that he porobably has some pills now and I would think he could play wednesday.

Read somewhere else it was actually 27 stitches. He didnt play because he couldnt sleep the night before the game because he kept rolling onto his stitches and he was in a lot of pain. His lips and his nose were cut in the incident. But i am sure that he porobably has some pills now and I would think he could play wednesday.

Yeouch. Gotta feel for the guy; that sounds awful. Hopefully nothing bad enough to affect his ability to eat, like when Vanek's jaw was broken and had to be wired shut. Yeah, you can still play, but if you can't take in enough nutrition it's tough to go full bore.

That is one lucky cat - skate could have Hannibal Lecter'd him.

Yeah, it could have been much, much worse. I wonder if he'll at least consider wearing some extra protection - this won't be his first meeting with a skate blade, unfortunately.

Yeah, it could have been much, much worse. I wonder if he'll at least consider wearing some extra protection - this won't be his first meeting with a skate blade, unfortunately.

Like what - a cage? He already wears a shield. The league needs to hurry up with those force fields they are working on.

If that was the case we'd have an epidemic of Zednik incidents. How often do you see a skate fly up and hit someone anywhere in the upper body. This one was a complete fluke.

Like what - a cage? He already wears a shield. The league needs to hurry up with those force fields they are working on.

Maybe a cage. I don't know, I'm not an equipment manager. All I know is that his face is closer to uplifted skates than most players.

If that was the case we'd have an epidemic of Zednik incidents. How often do you see a skate fly up and hit someone anywhere in the upper body. This one was a complete fluke.

As the players get more reckless, there very well could be more injuries. I see skates flying upward frequently enough - especially in these days of crashing the net. I am surprised there aren't more injuries because of it, although the Sabres have seen their share even recently; Pominville last year (although that was low, that was still a major injury from a skate blade), obviously Gerbe. It's not like the Zednik injury happened ages ago, rather it was fairly recent.

This is weird, you guys are making it seem as though the idea of player safety is coming out of left field. I'm just interested in Gerbe's well-being and I'm getting flack for that.

I honestly can not believe it does not happen more often. There seems to be close calls every game, mostly in the crease.

As the players get more reckless, there very well could be more injuries. I see skates flying upward frequently enough - especially in these days of crashing the net. I am surprised there aren't more injuries because of it, although the Sabres have seen their share even recently; Pominville last year (although that was low, that was still a major injury from a skate blade), obviously Gerbe. It's not like the Zednik injury happened ages ago, rather it was fairly recent.

This is weird, you guys are making it seem as though the idea of player safety is coming out of left field. I'm just interested in Gerbe's well-being and I'm getting flack for that.

I will never understand how they can get away with not letting a player wear a cage if he wants to... nevermind the dinosaur logic that guys who wear visors are soft (thankfully that has mostly died off). I just don't see this one as a major concern. In terms of protecting the players, they've got other far more prevalent issues that they need to work on first.

I will never understand how they can get away with not letting a player wear a cage if he wants to... nevermind the dinosaur logic that guys who wear visors are soft (thankfully that has mostly died off). I just don't see this one as a major concern. In terms of protecting the players, they've got other far more prevalent issues that they need to work on first.

I thought they could wear a cage if they wanted to

I thought they could wear a cage if they wanted to

Injured players wear them when needed - I have never heard of a ban on them for healthy players - any cite or link?

post-1415-0-61889300-1323115363_thumb.jpg Looks like it missed his nose.

He's lucky, it looks like it caught him in the best possible spot as far as being less noticeable in the future. I'm sure he'll need a few scar revision surgeries. I have a much worse one thanks to my face meeting my car frame in an a few years back. It extends from even with the tip of my nose on my left cheek all the way up under my eye then it curves around my eye and through my eyebrow and onto my lower forehead. I've had four scar revisions and could probably use more, but frankly I don;t care how it looks anymore and I'm tired of surgeries. Since I'm married I never got to test the chicks digging scars theory. My wife is just stuck with me. :thumbsup:

Archived