GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

At that point in the game the Sabres were up 1-0 (I think) so it's a fine line between doing something about the hit and trying to go out still win the game. I have a feeling this wouldn't be as big of a deal if the Sabres had won this game, so taking a dumb penalty at that point in the game maybe was the right move. For later in the game, though, I can't explain the lack of response.

This sentiment I understand. But I would have been fine with the stupid penalties. It's not a playoff game, so let's set some boundaries early in the season. Let Boston know what to expect later.

Now they know they can just throw us around. Not good.

Yes, and also a ticket to the bench to serve another, more lengthy suspension -- one that would eliminate him from next weeks game vs the same Bruins. Good idea.

Maybe...but I think it is kind of a shame that no other Sabre names comes up as a suggestion to go hard to the net like that and risk taking a few extra shots from their D.

Had a Sabre done so...do you think for a moment that they would not have gone after the culprit hard!?! That's the difference, they would go after any Sabre hitting Thomas with a vengeance!

Really, so you're going to come in here a minority - as in this game was no big deal to you - and you're going to put down all of the fans who are upset.

Does this stance make you a better fan? Are fans who are okay with mediocrity, fans who think the playoffs are a long way off, are they superior to others?

No. I think your kind of "fan" is crap. You obviously have no idea what it takes to get into and stay in the playoffs. You are obviously okay with your team's players being beat-up and embarrassed. What are games to you - a social outing?

Give me fans who CARE what happens to the team and its players. Give me fans who understand that you don't go far in the playoffs with a soft team. Give me fans who understand that there is no luck on the ice, but there is willpower and verve, talent and creativity, pride and guts. Give me fans who hang on to every game like it's as important as the last and the next.

That fan is not you. I don't know what kind of "fan" you are, but you don't belong on a message board of Sabres zealots.

So one cannot be a Sabres zealot unless they agree with you? Perhaps we need a "Sabre Spring."

I have read all kinds of odd stuff here tonight. "We don't want someone to break the jaw of Vanek or Pomminstein." "It was still only 1-0, so I can understand not going after Lucic."

The guy TOOK AN INTENTIONAL RUN AT OUR GOALTENDER!!!!! He made no attempt to avoid the contact!!! Miller was virtually DEFENSELESS!!!! For the love of Tim Horton, any team built to win a Cup would have taken runs at Lucic all over the ice for the rest of the night!!! They would have said to hell with the game, the Bruins are going to pay a price for running our goalie!!!

This is surreal! The Sabres were truly gutless tonight -- all of them! If the players on this team wouldn't respond physically and emotionally after seeing their goaltender drilled while he's in a defenseless position, WHEN FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE WILL THEY??? This isn't about winning and losing or where the Sabres are in the standings. It's about sticking up for one another and showing the opposition that this team might lose, but no one is going to walk all over them. Like Ted Nolan's teams used to play!!!

And they're going to go deep in the playoffs when the time comes????

I have read all kinds of odd stuff here tonight. "We don't want someone to break the jaw of Vanek or Pomminstein." "It was still only 1-0, so I can understand not going after Lucic." The guy TOOK AN INTENTIONAL RUN AT OUR GOALTENDER!!!!! He made no attempt to avoid the contact!!! Miller was virtually DEFENSELESS!!!! For the love of Tim Horton, any team built to win a Cup would have taken runs at Lucic all over the ice for the rest of the night!!! They would have said to hell with the game, the Bruins are going to pay a price for running our goalie!!!This is surreal! The Sabres were truly gutless tonight -- all of them! If the players on this team wouldn't respond physically and emotionally after seeing their goaltender drilled while he's in a defenseless position, WHEN FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE WILL THEY??? This isn't about winning and losing or where the Sabres are in the standings. It's about sticking up for one another and showing the opposition that this team might lose, but no one is going to walk all over them. Like Ted Nolan's teams used to play!!!And they're going to go deep in the playoffs when the time comes????

I agree 1000%

This team did not respond, but they seemed to all get hit by Lucic!

We rolled over and gave up 6 straight goals - our defense looked like they were ghosts...as well as everyone else.

I'm sure there were a number of SABRES that wanted to get back at LUCIC, but it had to be that their coach told them not to retaliate. I would think that just about any coach would of sent a player to do something if none had stepped forward on their own. This smells of LINDY RUFF's cowardliness. :sick:

I'm sure there were a number of SABRES that wanted to get back at LUCIC, but it had to be that their coach told them not to retaliate. I would think that just about any coach would of sent a player to do something if none had stepped forward on their own. This smells of LINDY RUFF's cowardliness. :sick:

Just ask our color commentator what the saying was....."He's Ruff at home, but just plain Lindy on the road."

Ryan Miller is now injured as a result of that hit. The chances of Vanek or Pommers breaking their jaws by tossing Lucic to the ice is very unlikely. They did push him around but you know what, Myers should have thrown him to the ice and smacked him around. Lucic should be suspended for the hit. What you fail to realize is that teams who stand up for eachother do better in the playoffs. It is almost 1/4 of the season gone and this team has yet to show some backbone... thats a problem. If you do not like the logic some have used so be it but you responded and being an arrogant s.o.b. on everyones post is more illogical than anything. Good night.

I have read all kinds of odd stuff here tonight. "We don't want someone to break the jaw of Vanek or Pomminstein." "It was still only 1-0, so I can understand not going after Lucic." The guy TOOK AN INTENTIONAL RUN AT OUR GOALTENDER!!!!! He made no attempt to avoid the contact!!! Miller was virtually DEFENSELESS!!!! For the love of Tim Horton, any team built to win a Cup would have taken runs at Lucic all over the ice for the rest of the night!!! They would have said to hell with the game, the Bruins are going to pay a price for running our goalie!!!This is surreal! The Sabres were truly gutless tonight -- all of them! If the players on this team wouldn't respond physically and emotionally after seeing their goaltender drilled while he's in a defenseless position, WHEN FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE WILL THEY??? This isn't about winning and losing or where the Sabres are in the standings. It's about sticking up for one another and showing the opposition that this team might lose, but no one is going to walk all over them. Like Ted Nolan's teams used to play!!!And they're going to go deep in the playoffs when the time comes????

I totally agree to both posts:

During the times Of Ray, May, Barneby no one coul check our keeper. They would have destroyed this person.

To loose and show some guts is ok, but to loose and show guts like a dead fish is deeply disappointing.

Our defense was like chickens on the run.

Myers made some very bad turnovers. Sorry to all, i don't see all star talent there.

I would have forgive him, if he had put Lucic head forward into the ice after the check against Miller. But he was just another chicken.

Now i will read more of this thread, totally frustrated.

I would have no trouble with a loss...the question is "how" a team loses....I would be fine with a 10-1 loss if everything they had was left on the ice...including some blood and teeth...but that is not what we saw tonight. It was a loss where they were intimidated and showed little intestinal fortitude to fight back. No guts, no intensity, no desire, no character.

Game Notes:Vanek was our best player... again. That is the only positive thing I have to say about this game.Myers - needs to be benched, disgusted by his playSekera - needs to be benched, disgusted by his playMAG - scoring after the game he had means jack sh!t. Needs to be benched, softer than a bunny rabbitEhrhoff - needs to be benched, patheticLeopold - needs a slap across the face but was decentRegehr should be beating his fellow defenders with his stick repeatedly.The response to the hit on Miller was pathetic. Idk if its the new locker room or the belief that they are awesome or something else but this sabres team is not tough enough on opposing players who run over their starting goalie. They are pathetic. This game was pathetic. If that does show how bad this team needs a guy like Weber in the lineup idk what will. At this point i would recall morrison... Pathetic game from a defense corp that has yet to look like anything other than a bunch of stupid, scared, and weak kids. Sekera and MAG drifting away from guys driving to the net and standing around was just mind boggling. Ehrhoff's pass straight to a bruin was dumb but what was worse was that MAG and Ehrhoff didn't take the guy standing on the far post. The defense sucks. We haven't dominated more than 1 or 2 games and if you lose to the Bruins 6-2 than clearly you are not and can not compete for a cup. Yup it is game 16, but they should be showing signs of "gel" which I think has nothing to do with the lazy weak play that our defense has continually put forth.I did not see Miller on the bench in the 3rd but he could have been there. I wonder if he is a little bruised up.Paging Tyler Ennis and Mike Weber you presence is requested.Finally: Won't the real Tyler Myers please stand up?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w&ob=av3e

I don't think I mentioned anywhere in my post anything about the Miller hit, but since you've brought it up anyway, we can discuss it. I don't think it cost them the game. But I think their lack of response set the tone for the loss. Boston was all fired up expecting retaliation and it never came. If Lindy wants a response, then facilitate it. If he doesn't want a response, the team should initiate it anyway. I don't care if we lose the game, I want to see some fire and pride.

Two more excellent posts. You are writing what i want to write ( but can't find the words)

I'm really glad I didn't see this game. Just saw the hit. What a piece of trash Lucic is. God, I hate him so much.

And nobody on our team took care of him after that? AND we gave up six goals? You kidding?!

Wow.

I too, think Lucic is trash ... preseason he had his girlfriend crying on the streets of Boston as he was threatening her with her shoe. He's someone to be proud of.

That aside, let's HOPE on the 23rd, SOMEONE in the blue & gold steps up and into Lucic or Krecji or Bergeron. Dropping Chara would be a great sight. I do not like dirty play but some /ANY payback would be a welcome sight to all Sabre fans.

I'm thinking Miller will be out for a few games, so that will give all of the 'Enroth is the #1' group something to be happy about.

I too, think Lucic is trash ... preseason he had his girlfriend crying on the streets of Boston as he was threatening her with her shoe. He's someone to be proud of.

That aside, let's HOPE on the 23rd, SOMEONE in the blue & gold steps up and into Lucic or Krecji or Bergeron. Dropping Chara would be a great sight. I do not like dirty play but some /ANY payback would be a welcome sight to all Sabre fans.

I'm thinking Miller will be out for a few games, so that will give all of the 'Enroth is the #1' group something to be happy about.

Actually, he had her purse and her shoe.

Last night the Sabres forgot the shoe.

Archived