GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Games like this help to define whether a team is a contender or a wanna-be. I'd be willing to bet the Bruins will be a lot more excited about a rematch than the ladies in blue & gold.

The one advantage we have this year over last is we know we have some guys who can play a physical brand of hockey down in Rochester (Tropp, Kassian, etc.) who could be called up if needed. But yeah, Boston is still the bully on the block and we keep handing 'em our lunch money.

Everybody has obviously forgotten that this team has won 4 straight....

But they need to be able to contend with teams like Boston if they're going to win a cup. In an early season game, where it's not "as important" for either team, then it should be more of a match than this. This is embarrassing.

Show me something against a team that matters... P.S. So have the Bruins, so what is your point??

The point is that the Sabres are not physical enough to compete with the Stanley Cup champions and that is TPEGS goal. So the need is to do something with the team to make able to compete.

Games like this help to define whether a team is a contender or a wanna-be. I'd be willing to bet the Bruins will be a lot more excited about a rematch than the ladies in blue & gold.

No they don't. You just pulled that out of your a@@. Sabres beat the Bruins 4 times last year in the regular season-- how did the playoffs go?

I hope the reason Gragnani is playing so much in these last 6 minutes is that Lindy told him to go out there and enjoy it because he's gonna be sitting for a while.

mmmm I highly doubt that's what took place. I mean come on, it's Ruff. haha

Obtuse. I was thinking about this team winning. Not whether I was pleased with Lindy or not.

I said it a few weeks ago that I was getting closer to being at this point. I'm there now.

This team rarely plays a full 60. That has been their MO since 2006-07. I blamed the players for a while, the sausage grabbing Mary's and so forth, but I'm done with it.

Give me a coach who can coax consistency out of this team. I'm tired of this. They've proven they have the talent. I want to see it all the time, not some of the time.

This is what I thought, as long as the Sabres are winning, everything is fine.

For the second part, I see that you want the team to win every game. Four out of five is not acceptable. Comprendo.

Sure...but none of those were playoff teams from last year. Their last 3 games against playoff teams before tonight were 0-3....and tonight makes 0-4. This team is not built for a long playoff run. Not enough toughness and intensity.

This is what I thought, as long as the Sabres are winning, everything is fine.

For the second part, I see that you want the team to win every game. Four out of five is not acceptable. Comprendo.

So, apparently you have a problem with the fans having expectations. Is your name Mike Schopp?

I just dont like hearing people write this team off so early in the season. Yea they blew this game...but look at Boston's record. They are the defending cup champs. My point is that there is soooo much more hockey to be played.

That last minute of play is telling. They went down with a whimper. I was hoping Tpegs would assemble a team that clawed and scratched to the bitter end regardless of the score but that doesn't seem to be in this teams make-up. Imagine having possession of the puck in your own zone and running out the clock. I don't care if the bruins were in the 1-3-1. Pathetic.

Archived