GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Game Notes:

Vanek was our best player... again. That is the only positive thing I have to say about this game.

Myers - needs to be benched, disgusted by his play

Sekera - needs to be benched, disgusted by his play

MAG - scoring after the game he had means jack sh!t. Needs to be benched, softer than a bunny rabbit

Ehrhoff - needs to be benched, pathetic

Leopold - needs a slap across the face but was decent

Regehr should be beating his fellow defenders with his stick repeatedly.

The response to the hit on Miller was pathetic. Idk if its the new locker room or the belief that they are awesome or something else but this sabres team is not tough enough on opposing players who run over their starting goalie. They are pathetic. This game was pathetic. If that does show how bad this team needs a guy like Weber in the lineup idk what will. At this point i would recall morrison... Pathetic game from a defense corp that has yet to look like anything other than a bunch of stupid, scared, and weak kids. Sekera and MAG drifting away from guys driving to the net and standing around was just mind boggling. Ehrhoff's pass straight to a bruin was dumb but what was worse was that MAG and Ehrhoff didn't take the guy standing on the far post. The defense sucks. We haven't dominated more than 1 or 2 games and if you lose to the Bruins 6-2 than clearly you are not and can not compete for a cup. Yup it is game 16, but they should be showing signs of "gel" which I think has nothing to do with the lazy weak play that our defense has continually put forth.

I did not see Miller on the bench in the 3rd but he could have been there. I wonder if he is a little bruised up.

Paging Tyler Ennis and Mike Weber you presence is requested.

Finally: Won't the real Tyler Myers please stand up?

I've been pretty tame this season. I know the brass is trying as hard as they can, and that is what I asked for. Even if i don't agree with some of Pegula's philosophy or decisions, he is a fan and wants to win. I have accepted in my mind that he will have to learn from his mistakes as an owner and EVENTUALLY he will probably get it right.

That being said, the hockey season can almost be looked at as a school class. My breakdown would be 15% of your grade is homework, 35% of your grade is tests, and 50% of your grade is final exam.

The Sabres have been doing well on their homework, but today was a test, and it didn't come back so great. It is easy to ace your homework because you have all the time in the world, and can ask anyone for answers. The tests however are under strict guidelines. When one is apt to fail a test, it is hard to gain confidence that the final exam will be any better.

The final exam starts in April, and from what we have seen since circa late Bush presidency....the scores haven't come back so swift on exams. A night like tonight doesn't exactaly send me to Target.com to purchase a diploma frame.

As long as the Sabres are winning, everything IS fine. The point of the game is to WIN.

I want this team to win the benchmark games. This was a benchmark game. They blew it hard. Just like the Flyers game on the second, which I also posed as a benchmark game. I don't think anyone can argue it wasn't.

I've been a proponent of Lindy as long as I can remember. But I'm ready for a change. I hoped that the effort would change as the make-up of this team has changed, but it hasn't.

I'm ready to move on from Lindy Ruff. I like the guy. In fact I idolize Ruff. I like the things he's done for this team. I'm just ready for a change.

It's not easy for me to say it. Not in any way. And don't you dare try to counter my opinion with snotty comments. I will not be trolled.

From my end, I just don't see this one game being enough to sway my opinion of who should be behind the bench. Even good teams look bad at times, just look to the Bruins to start the year. I haven't followed the thoughts of their fans, but would you have been for firing Julien after the rough start?

I for one don't think the Lucic hit on Miller is what lost the Sabres this game. I don't think that made Myers put the puck right on Marchand's stick or caused either of Ehrhoff's bad giveaways that all turned into goals. Turnovers, especially by the D, were what gave this one away.

hate to be a voice of reason....but,this outcome is understandable...

after bostons horrid start they are in self-imposed "must win" mode...and played like it.

the sabres were coming off a 4 game winning streak, playing a back to back game that included travel. they were tired and complacent.....and played like it.

teams have letdowns....it happens.

Despite the typos of both my previous post and your's above, repeating the same line over and over again doesn't justify the way this team played tonight.. Bottom line they laid a big fat log and stepped in it and should go to an ER and be examined endoscopically for a back bone.

I can agree with that. Let's see where they go from here-- sh%t happens.

You are far too old school for the modern game of hockey, as i am..others will tell you it is only game 16..what they do not know is there is no fix for a number of these guys in this scheme. They get pushed around by physical teams.they play small..FYI the espn guys just called the Sabres a soft team....through 16 games they are correct

I kinda miss Old School :bag:

Another thing about this loss. The apologists here are acting like this season is sparkling fresh; brand new; full of surprises.

No.

These are the SAME issues that have plagued the Sabres for many seasons now. Clearly, roster changes have not improved the fact that the D falls apart in meaningful games, the team is soft all around, and there are mental breakdowns.

This game, as noted above, was a test. I was looking at it as a test - here is a meaningful game if you plan on making a run for the cup. After all of the money spent, after the bluster of late last season and over the summer, this team should be WAY better than this.

From my end, I just don't see this one game being enough to sway my opinion of who should be behind the bench. Even good teams look bad at times, just look to the Bruins to start the year. I haven't followed the thoughts of their fans, but would you have been for firing Julien after the rough start?

I for one don't think the Lucic hit on Miller is what lost the Sabres this game. I don't think that made Myers put the puck right on Marchand's stick or caused either of Ehrhoff's bad giveaways that all turned into goals. Turnovers, especially by the D, were what gave this one away.

That's fine if you don't believe that this game has swayed your opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone that my opinion is correct. All I've done is voiced my stance. This game, at long last, has swayed MY opinion. Your subsequent attacking of me for expressing something that I am not happy to do, was uncalled for.

Why Gragnani was out there instead of Weber against a team as physical as Boston, should be featured on the next episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

The pairing of Myers and Sekera was atrocious. What is wrong with Myers??

Vanek, Adam, and Kaleta gets A's for effort.

The rest of the team should be ashamed of themselves for not having ANY sort of response to what Lucic did to Miller. Pathetic.

Another thing about this loss. The apologists here are acting like this season is sparkling fresh; brand new; full of surprises.

No.

These are the SAME issues that have plagued the Sabres for many seasons now. Clearly, roster changes have not improved the fact that the D falls apart in meaningful games, the team is soft all around, and there are mental breakdowns.

This game, as noted above, was a test. I was looking at it as a test - here is a meaningful game if you plan on making a run for the cup. After all of the money spent, after the bluster of late last season and over the summer, this team should be WAY better than this.

looked like game 7 of the playoffs last year... This team is all skill, no heart.

That's fine if you don't believe that this game has swayed your opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone that my opinion is correct. All I've done is voiced my stance. This game, at long last, has swayed MY opinion. Your subsequent attacking of me for expressing something that I am not happy to do, was uncalled for.

The Sabres performance is the fans' fault. Clearly.

The Sabres not able to contend with last year's Stanley Cup Champions is reasonable.

The fans being upset that the Sabres can't contend with last year's Stanley Cup Champions is unreasonable.

Get your head straight!

The Sabres performance is the fans' fault. Clearly.

The Sabres not able to contend with last year's Stanley Cup Champions is reasonable.

The fans being upset that the Sabres can't contend with last year's Stanley Cup Champions is unreasonable.

Get your head straight!

Mmm I think I'll go get crooked instead :beer:

I didn't attack you. I commented on a post of yours based on the way I perceived it.

Anyway, Lindy's presser was full of short responses and he seemed disappointed that nobody stepped up after the hit as well. But I don't get the feeling that he felt that hit cost the team the game.

The D was positively horrible. Myers and Sekera need to be split up - neither is being physical and their positioning has been atrocious. Lindy needs to tell Myers he needs to start crushing anyone that gets near him.

Call Tropp back up.

Why did they split Regehr and Myers up?

Im tired of watching Sekera try and play defense

Gragnani or however the hell u spell his name needs to go away

Weber should at the least be given a shot to play

We are to offensive minded in the d zone when we are at our worst.

Who the hell was Gragnani passing to on that horrific giveaway? Shouldnt u have a clue someone is there or in the vicinity when u throw the puck in front of your net???

Archived