GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

hahha huh :blink:

he is the only player on the team with trade value... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

on a serious note...this team needs, at a minimum, a top 10 defensman so that they can run with two pairs and a one center... plus some physical role players.

I just dont like hearing people write this team off so early in the season. Yea they blew this game...but look at Boston's record. They are the defending cup champs. My point is that there is soooo much more hockey to be played.

Did you not get the meme? Crappy game in November means the season is over and the team sucks at 10-6. Because of tonight's game, we need to fire the coach, bring up 2/3rds of the Amerks,, trade Vanek for D-men, and let Weber play 60 minute on D a night by himself. Yep, that sums it up.

Expectations are fine. Expecting to win every game is unrealistic. You don't think so?

Laying an egg like this against the defending cup champion and not showing up physically is a biiig problem. I am okay with losing a game, but not show up with a set is disturbing. Why don't the Sabres all go out and play street hockey in jeans and sneakers if they aren't going to get physical.

Did you not get the meme? Crappy game in November means the season is over and the team sucks at 10-6. Because of tonight's game, we need to fire the coach, bring up 2/3rds of the Amerks,, trade Vanek for D-men, and let Weber play 60 minute on D a night by himself. Yep, that sums it up.

Hold on. let me check my SPAM folder.

:rolleyes:

Expectations are fine. Expecting to win every game is unrealistic. You don't think so?

I would have no trouble with a loss...the question is "how" a team loses....I would be fine with a 10-1 loss if everything they had was left on the ice...including some blood and teeth...but that is not what we saw tonight. It was a loss where they were intimidated and showed little intestinal fortitude to fight back. No guts, no intensity, no desire, no character.

And the sad thing with all that said, the Sabres probably would have been more respectable tonight. No saying they would have won, but they could've held their head up knowing they battled and stood up each other.

Now, most have them should just hang their heads, they don't deserve to raise them up. Start with the defense especially.

I would have no trouble with a loss...the question is "how" a team loses....I would be fine with a 10-1 loss if everything they had was left on the ice...including some blood and teeth...but that is not what we saw tonight. It was a loss where they were intimidated and showed little intestinal fortitude to fight back. No guts, no intensity, no desire, no character.

Honestly, you would be happy that they played their best game and lost 10-1? Now that would be bad. They were awful tonight--they won't be that awful on most nights, thank God.

I think it's unrealistic to respond to someone who puts words in someone's mouth, er post. How about you revisit the thread first, get your quotes and facts straight, and then look me up.

I was kidding dave on the vanek trade..the yawning faces should have been a clue for you.

This is what I thought, as long as the Sabres are winning, everything is fine.

For the second part, I see that you want the team to win every game. Four out of five is not acceptable. Comprendo.

As long as the Sabres are winning, everything IS fine. The point of the game is to WIN.

I want this team to win the benchmark games. This was a benchmark game. They blew it hard. Just like the Flyers game on the second, which I also posed as a benchmark game. I don't think anyone can argue it wasn't.

I've been a proponent of Lindy as long as I can remember. But I'm ready for a change. I hoped that the effort would change as the make-up of this team has changed, but it hasn't.

I'm ready to move on from Lindy Ruff. I like the guy. In fact I idolize Ruff. I like the things he's done for this team. I'm just ready for a change.

It's not easy for me to say it. Not in any way. And don't you dare try to counter my opinion with snotty comments. I will not be trolled.

I didn't get to see the game, but from what it sounds like, the defense was awful and the team played like sh@t. What the hell happened tonight?

My best analogy as to what happened: We got punched in the face and we ran home to mommy crying.

Many bad defensive breakdowns and giveaways. But, what bothers me most is how we got knocked around at will and didn't or couldn't fight back. To me, the B's just looked bigger, stronger, and more willing to hit.

And the sad thing with all that said, the Sabres probably would have been more respectable tonight. No saying they would have won, but they could've held their head up knowing they battled and stood up each other.

Now, most have them should just hang their heads, they don't deserve to raise them up. Start with the defense especially.

What are you talking about--none of what you say makes walkin' around sense. No one would do any of these things ever, much less after a 4 game winnint streak and a 10-5 record.

My best analogy as to what happened: We got punched in the face and we ran home to mommy crying.

Many bad defensive breakdowns and giveaways. But, what bothers me most is how we got knocked around at will and didn't or couldn't fight back. To me, the B's just looked bigger, stronger, and more willing to hit.

DAMN!!! Did the Sabres get too laid back after winning 4 straight?

Thanks for letting me know about the game.

I think it's unrealistic to respond to someone who puts words in someone's mouth, er post. How about you revisit the thread first, get your quotes and facts straight, and then look me up.

I don't follow. Did you want to talk about hockey or no? I'm saying that though the loss tonight was no fun to watch, I don't think it's the end of the world after winning four straight. I wouldn't personally think that getting rid of Ruff after tonight's game is a quick reaction to a bad game.

You are far too old school for the modern game of hockey, as i am..others will tell you it is only game 16..what they do not know is there is no fix for a number of these guys in this scheme. They get pushed around by physical teams.they play small..FYI the espn guys just called the Sabres a soft team....through 16 games they are correct

What are you talking about--none of what you say makes walkin' around sense. No one would do any of these things ever, much less after a 4 game winnint streak and a 10-5 record.

Despite the typos of both my previous post and your's above, repeating the same line over and over again doesn't justify the way this team played tonight.. Bottom line they laid a big fat log and stepped in it and should go to an ER and be examined endoscopically for a back bone.

The D was positively horrible. Myers and Sekera need to be split up - neither is being physical and their positioning has been atrocious. Lindy needs to tell Myers he needs to start crushing anyone that gets near him.

Call Tropp back up.

I don't follow. Did you want to talk about hockey or no? I'm saying that though the loss tonight was no fun to watch, I don't think it's the end of the world after winning four straight. I wouldn't personally think that getting rid of Ruff after tonight's game is a quick reaction to a bad game.

I'm sorry. You're still having comprehension issues. What point is there to discussing a game, or anything, when you prefer to not respond to things someone has said, but rather to the things you think they said. For example, I don't see where d4rksabre said he wants the Sabres to win all games. That's insulting to him, and pretty stupid bait.

Archived