• Rangers in 5
    • Rangers will sweep
    • Cards wil sweep
    • Cards in 5
    • Cards in 6
    • Cards in 7
    • Who cares? Hoceky season started!

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/10/hockey-fans-guide-to-world-series.html

World Series: For the second straight year, the Texas Rangers have won their first two playoff rounds under the leadership of popular manager Ron Washington.

NHL: Nobody with "Washington" on their jersey ever wins two playoff rounds in the same season.

World Series: The Rangers have a legitimate chance to win the championship!

NHL: Not so much.

I honestly did not know who was playing in the World Series until this thread.

Even that name bugs me. In this day and age of globalization, isn't the term World Series a little presumptuous and maybe a little pretentious as well. Even the NBA and NFL use the term World Champions. Only the NHL does it right, winners are only referred to as Stanley Cup Champions. I hate baseball.

I thought it'd be cool to have a Tigers-Brewers series...since that didn't happen, this is the first time in a while that I can say I really REALLY don't care about the outcome

That was my friends' pick too, he wanted the 'drinking and driving' series.

I honestly did not know who was playing in the World Series until this thread.

Even that name bugs me. In this day and age of globalization, isn't the term World Series a little presumptuous and maybe a little pretentious as well. Even the NBA and NFL use the term World Champions. Only the NHL does it right, winners are only referred to as Stanley Cup Champions. I hate baseball.

Agreed, although I always have given the NFL a free pass on this because the Champion of the NFL would UNDOUBTEDLY would be the world's best team in its sport. Not the case for MLB or NBA.

Once college hoops starts up, that crap will be gone.

Aren't they covering a ton of midnight madness events? They're going to be so ridiculously on top of the college basketball scene that they'll probably wind up airing stuff at the level of a Canisius-Niagara matchup. I could see some high profile high school games sneaking their way in too.

I know the pitching was awful, but what a game. The Rangers were twice within one strike of winning the WS, but couldn't close the deal. I'd like the Rangers to win(I like Ron Washington), but what a fitting ending to the season it would be if the Cardinals won. Their story from the last 3 weeks of the regular season to tonight has been AMAZING.

Archived