GDT: Sabres at Montreal 10/18/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Haha. All I saw was the second half of the second period, perhaps for the better? Sounds like we were outplayed.

Ahywho, excellent, textbook play on that second goal at the end of the period!

I'll take a win any way we can get 'em early in the season, as it'll take a good portion of the season for this team to jell.

Game thoughts...

- Nice to get a win on the road against a division rival

- 10 minutes of solid play in the 2nd period while scoring two goals. This normally is not going to win many games.

- Great effort by Miller

- Stafford was probably the best of the lot of forwards(he had back to back dominating shifts in the 2nd period)

- I don't know what was up with Myers but that was AWFUL(along with the rest of the elite defense). He didn't rush the puck at all, handled the puck like he never played the game before, didn't play physical at all, and just seemed to be out of it all game long.

- Watching the Canadiens dominate in the Sabres end had me shuttering for when we line up against Boston, Philly, and any other team that forechecks the crap out of you.

- I'm ready to see Weber and Hecht.

- I know it is very very very early in the season, but I don't see $8.5 mil worth of cap hit in Leino and Ehrhoff.

- Beautiful shot by Vanek. Keep that up and a 40+ goal season is in his future.

In summary....a win is a win is a win.

I missed so much of this game. I did see Vanek's goal, which was a thing of beauty--so patient!--and his first penalty (deserved but maybe not a dumb penalty, even though TV couldn't shake off his "mistake" while in the box) and second (bs call). I didn't get to see either of the Sabres' other goals, or the Habs' goal, or even the fight that WGR was raving about during my travels tonight.

Van looked to be the man tonight. Miller made some nice saves that I saw, but not nearly as nice as RJ made them out to be; a routine catch doesn't need a five-second "MILLLERRRRRRRRR" IMO.

Van looked to be the man tonight. Miller made some nice saves that I saw, but not nearly as nice as RJ made them out to be; a routine catch doesn't need a five-second "MILLLERRRRRRRRR" IMO.

You need to watch the saves highlights at NHL.com. Some of those saves were very impressive.

He only had about 9:40 of ice time. Was he benched?

I think that whole line in general was given limited shifts late. Ennis was playing up with Stafford and Roy for a while and Gerbe was playing with Kaleta and Goose for a while, as McCormick didn't get much time after his fight. I didn't think Leino had that bad of a game.

Archived