GDT: Sabres at Montreal 10/18/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

The Habs Blue Line looks a lot like the 2006 Sabres vs. the Canes (over $11M in D-men in the press box). Our top three lines SHOULD be able to take advantage of that.

And I hate the Montreal fans.

Second that, their injured list is absurd. Whats wrong with habs fans?

Other than their basic "we own hockey" pretentious attitude, A couple years back a handful of them decided to pick on my 13 year old cousin walking out after a game. His 22 year old Marine Sergeant Brother and I were standing a few yards behind him. They didn't seem to have the same courage once someone a little bigger than they were showed up. I explained their options to them in their native tongue, one of them spit on the marine, the other explained what he would do to my mother (also standing near us) and, thankfully, we walked away without further escalation. :angry:

Other than their basic "we own hockey" pretentious attitude, A couple years back a handful of them decided to pick on my 13 year old cousin walking out after a game. His 22 year old Marine Sergeant Brother and I were standing a few yards behind him. They didn't seem to have the same courage once someone a little bigger than they were showed up. I explained their options to them in their native tongue, one of them spit on the marine, the other explained what he would do to my mother (also standing near us) and, thankfully, we walked away without further escalation. :angry:

In some U.S arenas they committed a taser level offense, or even worse, if you happen to be in Oakland.

Except for a game where the Habs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and went on to win 3-1, all the games versus the Habs last season were close low scoring games. Neither team made it to the 4 goal mark in any of the 6 meetings, one went to OT & another went to a shootout.

Price has given up 9 goals in his last two games(both at home). I don't expect that trend to continue.

Buffalo 2 Montreal 1

They think their team is good enough to win the cup (its not) and when anyone ever says their team is crap (which it is) they point to the x number of cups they have won over the last 100 years which is stupid because they havent won a cup in 20 years.

Tyler Ennis needs to start producing. He needs one of those dirty goals to get him going. Leino and him have had good puck control but they need generate scoring and against a Habs team with a banged up blue line now is the time.

MAG: I wouldn't mind letting him play this game and seeing if he can get his act together. I do mind him on the point for the PP. Note that all preseason he was not and Ehrhoff scored goals and had assists then POOF! he is on the point and Ehrhoff has gone silent on the PP. It is simple: Leopold/Sekera and Myers/Ehrhoff on the pp, done. It is no secret I am not a huge MAG fan but considering his play so far, I have not seen any reason to become 1. (Ehrhoff has 1 ppa since the season started)

The Habs Blue Line looks a lot like the 2006 Sabres vs. the Canes (over $11M in D-men in the press box). Our top three lines SHOULD be able to take advantage of that.

And I hate the Montreal fans.

...or the 2007-2010 Sabres, with Spacek injured (again).

Yikes. That sounds like a really unpleasant confrontation. All I can say is (i) there are plenty of meatheads at every sporting event and (ii) the Bell Centre is an amazing place to see a game. I've been to 2 Sabres-Habs games there, wearing a Sabres jersey each time, and had no problems (although I sat in the lower level, which I think makes a big difference).

Buffalo has Montreal outmatched.

Keys - stay out of penalty box. Get to Price early.

...except in goal, where either guy could outplay the other. I expect Miller to play well, especially in light of Enroth's strong performance the other night.

Separately, I picked up both Adam and Gerbe for my fantasy team. Help me out, boys!

I'll say we win 3-1, perhaps adding the third on an empty netter. Hope Price's run of shoddy games continues.

Weber is in for Gragnani for sure? Haven't been impressed with Gragnani so far this year so let's see what Weber's got.

Everything is leaning that way, but it won't be confirmed until later. I'm kind of in the "I don't really care which one plays, as long as we beat them" mood LOL

Sabres at Montreal 10/18/11

7:30PM

Who's Hot: Thomas Vanek (3 goals, 4 assists) and Luke Adam (3 goals, 3 assists) are off to tremendous starts for the Sabres. … Montreal's Tomas Plekanec (2 goals, 2 assists) and Max Pacioretty (2 goals, 2 assists) are averaging a point per game.

That's good to see.

3-2 Good Guys. Ennis with the winner in OT.

Upon quick glance, I read that as "ENROTH with the winner".

Yikes. That sounds like a really unpleasant confrontation. All I can say is (i) there are plenty of meatheads at every sporting event and (ii) the Bell Centre is an amazing place to see a game. I've been to 2 Sabres-Habs games there, wearing a Sabres jersey each time, and had no problems (although I sat in the lower level, which I think makes a big difference).

My dislike for les habitants is more related to the first phrase of my rant. The anecdote just sealed the deal for them. I am totally willing to make stereotypes and paint entire groups of people with very broad brushes. Especially if they wear a different sweater than I do.

3-2 Good Guys. Ennis with the winner in OT.

Upon quick glance, I read that as "ENROTH with the winner".

While I don't believe that this (goaltender getting an OT winner) has ever happened in the NHL, it has happened in the AHL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krFyjsEmJ-4

Goaltender made a save on the delayed penalty, so he was the last to touch it before the own goal, but he did not get possession.

While I don't believe that this (goaltender getting an OT winner) has ever happened in the NHL, it has happened in the AHL:

Goaltender made a save on the delayed penalty, so he was the last to touch it before the own goal, but he did not get possession.

Wasn't a game winner, but Mika sealed the game in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-PfPOkQjng

If you pull your goalie in OT and then get scored on, you don't get the loser point. I wonder if that takes into account a situation like that with the delayed penalty. It must.

video says it was Drew MacIntyre!

Archived