2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Foligno & Kassian both get in scraps on the next shift Foligno gets the better of his opponent. Kassian not so much. Both get tossed Foligno for boarding, Kassian for 2nd altercation.

hopefully no suspensions - wouldn't want to start seeing the guys being suspended so early in the season.

Looks like Kassian learned that an experienced fighter is going to try to keep him off balance. Doesn't look like either Exelby or Kass got in any shots of substance. Foligno was starting to tee off on his opponent before the camera went to Kassian-Exelby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwHSVQOoQbU

I'm betting Tropp has a suspension in his near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nYO9MiwD0&feature=related

chris neil-esque. and not in a good way.

also, i want to get the slowed squeaky-voiced audio on a loop - "i. can't. see it...? oh, right dare, yeah."

God I hope not. The guy got caught puck watching. He was slowing, looked like he was going to curl to the near boards, then cuts left like he is going to cross in front of the net a just as tropp is trying to curl up towards the near boards to get involved in the breakout. The guy tropp hit had no idea tropp was there, and tropp thought he was going a different direction - I don't see any intent by tropp to hit the guy - why would he - it would be dumb as hell. The puck is nowhere near him, its blind side and from behind.

God I hope not. The guy got caught puck watching. He was slowing, looked like he was going to curl to the near boards, then cuts left like he is going to cross in front of the net a just as tropp is trying to curl up towards the near boards to get involved in the breakout. The guy tropp hit had no idea tropp was there, and tropp thought he was going a different direction - I don't see any intent by tropp to hit the guy - why would he - it would be dumb as hell. The puck is nowhere near him, its blind side and from behind.

looking at it again, i see what you're seeing. even so, under the new regime of rule enforcement, that could be viewed as reckless.

but mostly, i am still hearing the slowed squeaky audio.

There shouldn't have even been a penalty there. You pretty much nailed it. It's incidental contact. He sure as hell doesn't lead with the elbow.

Looks like Kassian learned that an experienced fighter is going to try to keep him off balance. Doesn't look like either Exelby or Kass got in any shots of substance. Foligno was starting to tee off on his opponent before the camera went to Kassian-Exelby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwHSVQOoQbU

I'm betting Tropp has a suspension in his near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nYO9MiwD0&feature=related

Good stuff. Thanks for posting those.

Looked like Marcus was handling himself well. :pirate:

Poor work by the linesman on the Kassian-Exelby fight. That bump could have cost Kassian a broken orbital.

Tropp.....well....that was nasty. :pirate: (<= need an uncle sam to replace the pirate)

There shouldn't have even been a penalty there. You pretty much nailed it. It's incidental contact. He sure as hell doesn't lead with the elbow.

You can see tropp start to take evasive action himself, but he is too close to avoid contact at that point. The thing that makes it look bad is Tropp kind of throws his arm out at the end - not sure why - whether he was trying to swing his arm up over the guys head to avoid hitting him, just trying to push him away or something else.

You can see tropp start to take evasive action himself, but he is too close to avoid contact at that point. The thing that makes it look bad is Tropp kind of throws his arm out at the end - not sure why - whether he was trying to swing his arm up over the guys head to avoid hitting him, just trying to push him away or something else.

It's tough to tell from the video, but it seemed like it was post-contact to me. That's nothing more than a reflex. The only thing that even makes that whole thing look like a penalty is that one guy stays on his feet and the other doesn't.

Amerks on TV:

The following games are scheduled to be televised on Time Warner Cable SportsNet during the 2011-12 season:

-Friday, Oct. 21 vs. Hamilton (7:30 p.m.)

-Sunday, Oct. 23 vs. Adirondack (6:00 p.m.)

-Sunday, Nov. 6 vs. Syracuse (6:00 p.m.)

-Wednesday, Dec. 21 vs. Lake Erie (7:00 p.m.)

-Friday, Jan. 20 vs. Oklahoma City (7:30 p.m.)

-Thursday, Feb. 2 vs. Abbotsford (7:00 p.m.)

-Wednesday, Feb. 22 vs. Hershey (7:00 p.m.)

-Sunday, Mar. 4 vs. Toronto (5:00 p.m.)

-Friday, Mar. 9 vs. Binghamton (7:30 p.m.)

-Tuesday, Apr. 10 vs. Grand Rapids (7:00 p.m.)

-Friday, Apr. 13 vs. Syracuse (7:30 p.m.)

Time Warner Cable SportsNet Rochester is available on Channel 26 or HD Channel 1026. In Buffalo, it can be found on Channel 13 or HD Channel 713.

Archived