2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

I went to the game tonight. It sucked. Can't wait for the Sabres game tomorrow. By the 3rd period me and my 2 buddies decided to go to the top right corner of the arena where nobody was sitting just because we were bored

Also, the announced crowd was 9,217 i believe and out of those 9,217 fans, 9,216 were Amerks fans except this one drunk penguins fan waving his flag/hand towel thing. He was drunk by the end of the 1st period.

I went to the game tonight. It sucked. Can't wait for the Sabres game tomorrow. By the 3rd period me and my 2 buddies decided to go to the top right corner of the arena where nobody was sitting just because we were bored

Also, the announced crowd was 9,217 i believe and out of those 9,217 fans, 9,216 were Amerks fans except this one drunk penguins fan waving his flag/hand towel thing. He was drunk by the end of the 1st period.

There was a flyers fan and a caps fan too, but they were relaxed.

Holy ###### this team sucks

They might. But just for perspective, that 1st Sabres team to wear the Shatanic Goatheads and play in the Mmarena started 1-2 on the road and then were beyond horrible in getting crushed by Detroit and shutout by Tampa Bay 3 nights later. By the end of the year, they'd gotten their stuff together and won the Northeast and Plante was a hero in the 1st round as they FINALLY won a game 7.

thanks for the feedback, ink -- as painful as it was (to write, and read).

let's give the team some time and hope for the best.

still, discouraging to hear the reviews of kassian and foligno.

First reality check in Pegulaville. After their success in the summer, it was easy to think they could continue it in the AHL. That's why the play the game..

Not physical at all. Whitmore and Turnbull were the only ones really throwing weight around.

McNabb threw at least 3 good checks.

Kassian and Foligno didn't do much, although Kassian did outwork the D really nicely twice, especially on that goal he fed to Foligno.

Brennan had the hit of the night, right in front of that "Injured?" sign in front of the bench.

Sloppy play overall. Terrible passing. All the lines were out of sync. They will get better as the season moves along.

The 4 minute standing ovation for Joe the Crow was nice.

Let's not forget this is the highest level Rolston has ever come close to coaching so he is quite wet behind the ears. Big jump from being an asst with some college teams and then HC of the Under 18 USA Hockey Team and the HC of the USA's Hockey National Team Development Program??? Not the most seasoned guy at the AHL level.

Archived