F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Been to NO.  Hit me up before you go and I'll give you what we really enjoyed.

It's an excursion set up by my former boss/editor and now good friend of the school magazine at RIT, reuniting most of the e-board and celebrating our birthdays (we both share september 14). She's already planned a dinner at the Commanders Palace, a place with a dress code. Other than that, cemetery wanderings, gator feedings, and drinking in the french quarter, where we're looking to rent an airbnb. 

I've never been, so any advice is absolutely welcome!!! I'm looking forward to another jaunt to a new place- that'll make two this year. Fantastic. I wish we had the time to drive- I'd love to take the Natchez trace and weave (ha!) my way to the coast. 

After about 5 weeks of being out of work, I am FINALLY starting the new gig on Monday.  It's a little stupid that I'll only end up being there for 6-8 weeks at this point, but at least I'll still have about 2 weeks of overlap with the person I'm supposed to learn from, and it'll be nice to get a paycheck again.

My dad got his temporary tracheostomy removed this past Monday, and the lymph node biopsies they'd done at the time of his surgery showed no signs of metastasis, thank God.

It's been a long time coming.  Great to hear Bio and good luck on Monday.

Bio -- regarding New Orleans:  what a great place for a weekend trip.  (I got engaged in New Orleans, once upon a time.  She hasn't left me yet.)

Go see some live music.

Also, IMHO, the po' boy is an overrated sandwich, but the muffaletta is really good.  Those are lunch options though -- you will have a great dinner just about anywhere.

Have a great time!

Bio -- regarding New Orleans:  what a great place for a weekend trip.  (I got engaged in New Orleans, once upon a time.  She hasn't left me yet.)

Go see some live music.

Also, IMHO, the po' boy is an overrated sandwich, but the muffaletta is really good.  Those are lunch options though -- you will have a great dinner just about anywhere.

Have a great time!

Thanks, but I think you mean Jo (and Carter).   ;)

Good for you man. I know how it feels to be jumping around jobs. My last vacation was June of 2013 and that was three employers ago. My current job actually gives me vacation time so Jo and are I thinking a little weekend trip to New Orleans with some friends in September. Boy will that be nice. 

Edited by biodork

After an extremely anti-social life in Buffalo the first six months a ton of my friends are now living in the area. Things have been much better lately actually having people to hangout and drink with... You could say it's been F'N fantastic.

After an extremely anti-social life in Buffalo the first six months a ton of my friends are now living in the area. Things have been much better lately actually having people to hangout and drink with... You could say it's been F'N fantastic.

It should explain an improved disposition, but I'm just not seeing it.   :P

Chugging-Liquor-Texas-DWI-Stop.jpg

o-DRUNK-UNCLE-SNL-facebook.jpg

Weather is suppose to be sunny both Saturday and Sunday with avg temp of 25 and 26 degrees (77 and 79 for you yanks :flirt: ).  We've got passes to go to a waterpark on Sunday and I think Saturday calls for a day at the beach followed by a BBQ and campfire.  Life is good :beer:

Man, I haven't had a good Turkish coffee in a long time. Now you got me jonesin'. 

If you ever find yourself in Halifax, I'll set you up.  If I do say so myself, without being prideful, or boastful, I make the best Turkish coffee this side of Istanbul (not Constantinople) ...  :flirt:

If you ever find yourself in Halifax, I'll set you up.  If I do say so myself, without being prideful, or boastful, I make the best Turkish coffee this side of Istanbul (not Constantinople) ...  :flirt:

C'mon d4rk, let's go- You know I love Halifax and want to live there someday :D 

C'mon d4rk, let's go- You know I love Halifax and want to live there someday :D

I think the d4rk one posted the exact same thing not that long ago.

Halifax is a great place to visit and to live, but I would stay away when those dastardly Maple Leaves from Toronto are in town for part of their training camp this coming September.

If you're in the Buffalo area, you know we had some of that fairly unpleasant swamp ass weather earlier this week.

The weather today? Beautiful. (Albeit a bit cool -- whatever, I love it.)

That moment you realize you won the breakup hands down... it's ###### fantastic.  :beer:

Ha. Nice. Just don't go that Darcy route by winning all of the breakups, but failing to build a team that can go the distance. 

... Or have that one rock solid team that you did build be struck low by a foul bacterial infection.  :ph34r:

Hey, how come you didn't set me up when I was out there :P

My dad finally gets his feeding tube removed today, and my stepmom had successful wrist tendon release surgery earlier in the week and is feeling much better.  I also got to come home a day early this weekend (even if it will be mostly spent sitting around and waiting for a contractor at the house).

If you're in the Buffalo area, you know we had some of that fairly unpleasant swamp ass weather earlier this week.

The weather today? Beautiful. (Albeit a bit cool -- whatever, I love it.)

Absolutely. A few days this past week were so humid you could barely breathe, but today (and the entire weekend) is beautiful, sunny, and dry.  Love it.