Is this a fair question to ask new registrants?

SDS

What is the last name of the Buffalo Sabres' Head Coach?

We are getting a boatload of spam accounts being registered and I would like to weed out the ones who can answer the simple the math question I had by asking a very easy question that someone with even passing knowledge of the Sabres could answer.

Is this fair?

We are getting a boatload of spam accounts being registered and I would like to weed out the ones who can answer the simple the math question I had by asking a very easy question that someone with even passing knowledge of the Sabres could answer.

Is this fair?

More than fair.

Is this fair?

I like it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know they're spam accounts before they even post once? Are the names that blatant or is there some other crazy stuff you get to see.

And as for the question, I kind of wish we could have one for longtime posters who got on board before the question existed.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know they're spam accounts before they even post once? Are the names that blatant or is there some other crazy stuff you get to see.

And as for the question, I kind of wish we could have one for longtime posters who got on board before the question existed.

I was actually surprised when I finally joined (I lurked for a looonng time) that there was only a simple math problem, and no trivia question or anything.

Is this fair?

But that doesn't weed out canine registrants, though. Maybe you should also ask what covers a house? or who is the greatest baseball player of all time?

Archived