Locker Room Progress

BuffaloSoldier2010

Feel free to move this wherever, i didn't know which thread to post this in.

Anyone know how the locker room and facilities renovations are coming? i was under the impression we'd be having bi weekly updates at the very least but i've only noticed the first one.

Anyone know if they are intending on updating us anytime soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to move this wherever, i didn't know which thread to post this in.

Anyone know how the locker room and facilities renovations are coming? i was under the impression we'd be having bi weekly updates at the very least but i've only noticed the first one.

Anyone know if they are intending on updating us anytime soon?

BUMP

Sabres facebook page has a bunch of pics. Sabres facebook

Oh and video on sabres.com Construction Video

• 4 weeks later...

More pics - renovations to the Arena, not the lockerooms, but got tire of looking for the right thread to put this in.

sabres facebook page

It's about time that they changed the trim in the seating area from red to gold. But apart from that and the new photos in the entry area, I can't tell the difference.

It's about time that they changed the trim in the seating area from red to gold. But apart from that and the new photos in the entry area, I can't tell the difference.

need before and afters. I think they added a lot of blue paint to areas that used to be red in the eating areas upstairs overlooking the front entrance/lobby. My guess is the whole building is blue and gold.

If I missed an update I apologize but has anybody heard anything new on the installation of the dehumidifiers? Of all the proposed changes this is the one I am most interested in. It will mean we'll finally have some of the best ice in the league. As it should be.

GO SABRES!!!

I wonder if that color might be a bit too bright and will reflect too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how they would have done this but I wish they could have installed the thing the Penguins have where the fans can watch as the players leave the locker room. That would have been sweet, but again, don't know how they've could have done that. Other wise looks freaking awesome, this is how its starts. Players spend a season here, tell everyone how great it is to play in Buffalo, next years free agents here about it (not to mention the Pegula Jet and it's persuasive ways working its magic) and all of a sudden top end Free agents are looking to come to us rather than the other way around.

I don't know how they would have done this but I wish they could have installed the thing the Penguins have where the fans can watch as the players leave the locker room. That would have been sweet, but again, don't know how they've could have done that. Other wise looks freaking awesome, this is how its starts. Players spend a season here, tell everyone how great it is to play in Buffalo, next years free agents here about it (not to mention the Pegula Jet and it's persuasive ways working its magic) and all of a sudden top end Free agents are looking to come to us rather than the other way around.

I somehow imagine the Pegula jet kinda like the Tony Stark jet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7sa8y9c3y8

What does Pittsburgh have? Wouldn't showing the players leave the locker room take nothing more than a camera and the jumbotron?

What does Pittsburgh have? Wouldn't showing the players leave the locker room take nothing more than a camera and the jumbotron?

The tunnel to the ice has glass walls so fans on the sides in the Igloo Club or whatever they call it now can see them ... they actually copied it from the Cowboys stadium I think and the new MSG is going to have it ... I don't know, I don't see the point ... what are you going to see that is so interesting? It's like animals in a cage with people gawking at them ... when is enough enough when it comes to access?

I am probably just being old and grumpy ...

The tunnel to the ice has glass walls so fans on the sides in the Igloo Club or whatever they call it now can see them ... they actually copied it from the Cowboys stadium I think and the new MSG is going to have it ... I don't know, I don't see the point ... what are you going to see that is so interesting? It's like animals in a cage with people gawking at them ... when is enough enough when it comes to access?

I am probably just being old and grumpy ...

So that only works for a very small percentage of the crowd, right?

So that only works for a very small percentage of the crowd, right?

I believe in the ones that have it now, yeah ...

Then again, at the Aud they used to roll out those expandable gates and walk the players right through the main lower concourse to get to the room ... not sure we want to go back to the future though.

That is a great idea. I was at the game when Drury scored with 7.7 seconds left, but the lasting image I have from that game was Miller walking the entire distance of the tunnel. We just happened to have seats directly across the rink from it.

That locker room is going to be sick. The detail work is great. You can have a fancy dressing room and all, but the little touches like electrical outlets and HVAC registers in each locker make it special. The incorporation of the Aud limestone facade is great too. I will definitely push for a tour of the facilities when i'm home and its convenient for the organization.

That's what I thought at first too but some of the things he said made me think he was connected to the team in some way.

"We'll have breakfast for them"

"If we have a rep from Reebok in to look at new skates or things like that"

(re: outlets) "in the past we really didn't have those kind of creature comforts"

I wonder if he's the HSBC facilities manager or something like that.

I'm just surprised he didn't introduce himself at the beginning.

Archived