Confirmed: Sabres sign Ehrhoff

Punch

The message that the sabres are not a bottom feeder and are looking for Cups has pervaded the league but it appears like all things that seem to good to be true, players want to talk to ppl and make sure they are doing something smart and correct. In the end only they can make the decision but it seems that in the past players did not even want to talk or consider coming here. This is a step in the right direction. Ehrhoff should sign here knowing that the community is not as bad as ppl make it out to be (every city has a crappy area) The surrounding burbs are very nice and the fans here will not riot if we lose a Stanley cup in game 7.... well hopefully not. Also our owner is pretty cool and we have the best player facilities in the league. The local food (ive heard that Ehrhoff loves food) is pretty good with things like wings and mighty taco and i bet ya there are some good german returants in this town as well. Come here for 5mil and you will have more money than playing in NYC or TOR while making 6mil.

srry i know Ehrhoff wont read it but that is how i feel about this area and this team at the moment.

I hope to God we aren't using Mighty Taco as part of our sales pitch to Ehrhoff.

I get the local pride stuff and all, but a "lover of food" is unlikely to find a connection to artery-clogging bar food and late night tacos.

Sure, but the Sabres hang out at Hutch's, Aroma, and Mother's. Buffalo's great food is more than just bar food and tacos.

He really shows his age with that post, doesn't he?

The inclusion of Mighty Taco borders on the comical.

You might as well declare Wegman's corporate policy of never being out of Captain Crunch in any of its locations as a draw too...

You might as well declare Wegman's corporate policy of never being out of Captain Crunch in any of its locations as a draw too...

Wait, what? That's it, time to move back immediately. I'll live on the streets if I have to.

Ehrhoff is a Capt. Crunch addict?????? :blink:

I thought I was the only one.......thank goodness for Wegman's and their corporate policies :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

... chef's, duff's, buf chop house, Ulrichs tavern, snooty fox, Pearl street, torches, prime 490... sorry i am poor college kid and cant afford some of these places but i do not drink a lot nor have i ever. sorry i didnt use appropriate examples for you. :censored:

... chef's, duff's, buf chop house, Ulrichs tavern, snooty fox, Pearl street, torches, prime 490... sorry i am poor college kid and cant afford some of these places but i do not drink a lot nor have i ever. sorry i didnt use appropriate examples for you. :censored:

It's all right, KTN; someday you will.

Maybe Pegula can take him to the Polish Villa II.

wasn't that the restaurant they used for external shots in that sitcom called "jesse" (set in buffalo).

i think they must have - it's why i always look for a gal who looks like this when i go in there:

post-760-079224900 1309452759_thumb.jpg

:beer:

Ehrhoff probably could eat at more places in the Michelin guide within walking distance from his home in Germany than can be found in the entire US.

In your defense....when anyone comes back to Buffalo that I know, they couldn't give two ya-ya's about the higher up places. They live in big cities that have 10x the choices in some cases.

They want Ted's, Antionette's, Good pizza and wings, etc. That's the charm. You can show up to a press conference in shorts and socks, then go down the street for a pitcher and double order and talk to anyone at the bar like you know them. You can't pull that stuff off in most places.

Who wants to play dress-up? I want to relax and be myself.

In your defense....when anyone comes back to Buffalo that I know, they couldn't give two ya-ya's about the higher up places. They live in big cities that have 10x the choices in some cases.

They want Ted's, Antionette's, Good pizza and wings, etc. That's the charm. You can show up to a press conference in shorts and socks, then go down the street for a pitcher and double order and talk to anyone at the bar like you know them. You can't pull that stuff off in most places.

Who wants to play dress-up? I want to relax and be myself.

Welcome back from your self induced purgatory.

I agree with your post. Although when out of town folk come in and you want to wine and dine, they still marvel at the quality of food establishments listed above.....especially relative to cost.

I would ###### murder someone to get some Theodore's On The Lake in Los Angeles.

When I was in DC, I would have killed to get a restaurant with the quality & pricing of Left Bank. Or actually even just the quality, at any price.

I agree with GODD. We're making a pilgrimage up this August, and aside from Pearl Street for a brew and Duffs for wings, the rest of your list is not on the itinerary. We're hitting Mighty, Anderson's, Kennedy's Cove for a steak, Mulberry's in S. Buff, Ebenezer Ale House, and Kone King.

And WEGMANS, and Tim Hortons for crack coffee. Most importantly, I'm buying a case of Molson Export the minute I enter NY.

Archived