Confirmed: Sabres sign Ehrhoff

Punch

Nothing from him directly.

His agent said he had a very good conversation with Regier last night. He also said that he is very familiar with Pegula and the situation that happened with Regehr.

Sounds fairly decent to this point.

Well that's something I haven't seen in a long time. A little confidence from your boss and a lot of money go a long way. Wonder if TPegs has the jet gassed up for a short turn around trip to Europe?

that is true, i had forgotten he was injured in the finals. I am just hesitant to spend that on a defender when Myers and Sekera maybe can give us that in the next 2-3 years. I just worry about our cap hit. 5.25 for Ehrhoff would be good though.

I can see buffalo signing Ehrhoff for the samr exact contract as Regehr. Why not? Anything is possible with Tpegs; he could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. He's got a way of succoring people in, that's the perception I get, When their time is up, maybe they're re-signed for less, or maybe Myers and Sekera take their spot. They'll be good enough and definitely better 2 years from Now.

So, what is the tactic here?

1. Christian, here is the offer - it expires noon on Friday. We think it is the best deal that you'll receive, all things considered.

2. Christian, here is our offer, if you get better ones on Friday, let us know and give us a chance to respond.

As for Ehroff, I like the move. I'd actually be surprised if we got a deal done before tomorrow at noon. I think Pegula wants the exclusive right to talk his ear off for a part of today. Then tomorrow when he starts fielding offers, the Sabres may be at the fore front of discussions.

this.

2. Christian, here is our offer, if you get better ones on Friday, let us know and give us a chance to respond.

i'm thinking this has to be it - your #1 isn't what appears to be the pegula way (treating people like family, and such).

Anyone else watching ehroff's video on youtube? A nice hip check against a blue jackets forward, fight against Doug weight, and he has a hell of a shot from the point. Man, he would be a nice acquisition.

1. Christian, here is the offer - it expires noon on Friday. We think it is the best deal that you'll receive, all things considered.

2 is the tactic that makes the most sense normally, but then why give up a 4th for the privilege? So you raise an interesting question.

i'm thinking this has to be it - your #1 isn't what appears to be the pegula way (treating people like family, and such).

But the out is "hey, we have other needs. We want you today, but if you really need to test the waters, be aware that we will be aggressive in addressing other needs, which may adversely impact this current offer on the table."

3) Christian, we understand that if you make it to noon on friday you can make more money. We understand that may be something that is important to you. If you sign with us for the fair offer of 5.25-5.5 for 4-5 years you will be on a team committed to winning multiple cups and have the opportunity to be a part of something great. If you would like to know more, we would love to discuss it with you.

Christian, we are the only team you can sign with that will allow you to wear the alternate captain's A in your homeland for a couple of games. Here is our offer. If you get better ones on... I'm just kidding, how could anyone beat our offer.

3) Christian, we understand that if you make it to noon on friday you can make more money. We understand that may be something that is important to you. If you sign with us for the fair offer of 5.25-5.5 for 4-5 years you will be on a team committed to winning multiple cups and have the opportunity to be a part of something great. If you would like to know more, we would love to discuss it with you.

Ummm. That is not a 3rd, unique tactic.

"Christian, I heard you were hungry and I brought you a little gift from Buffalo."

Terry Pegula places a pizza box from La Nova on the table and slides it across the Ehrhoff and his agent. Ehrhoff opens the box and discovers it is filled with $1000 bills.

"Buffalo, NY, is a great place to grab a meal, if you know what I mean," Pegula says, standing up and preparing to walk back to his helicopter.

#ProbablyNotButWouldntThatBeAwesome

"Christian, I heard you were hungry and I brought you a little gift from Buffalo."

Terry Pegula places a pizza box from La Nova on the table and slides it across the Ehrhoff and his agent. Ehrhoff opens the box and discovers it is filled with $1000 bills.

"Buffalo, NY, is a great place to grab a meal, if you know what I mean," Pegula says, standing up and preparing to walk back to his helicopter.

#ProbablyNotButWouldntThatBeAwesome

I see what you did there.... 'we must make him an offer he cannot refuse'.

Tactic:

Christian, this is our absolute best offer. We not only think it is fair, we think it will be the best offer you'll see on the open market. If you don't accept it by 12:00 Friday, our offer is withdrawn and we are moving on to our #2 option. Which means we won't be in an auction for your services, so there is the potential for less money, less commitment, poorer conditions etc/ and we'll wish luck. We really hope you'll join us.

Tactic:

Christian, this is our absolute best offer. We not only think it is fair, we think it will be the best offer you'll see on the open market. If you don't accept it by 12:00 Friday, our offer is withdrawn and we are moving on to our #2 option. Which means we won't be in an auction for your services, so there is the potential for less money, less commitment, poorer conditions etc/ and we'll wish luck. We really hope you'll join us.

So, you agree with #1.

I think that is the correct one, but of course we'll listen on Friday if he comes back to the table in time.

Archived