Confirmed: Sabres sign Ehrhoff

Punch

So if (and it's a big "if") we are able to sign Ehrhoff, it'd be Ehrhoff and Regehr replacing Butler and Montador on the blue line... That'd be a RIDICULOUS upgrade... Wow! :clapping:

All these years of drafting and low budget UFA blue liners is paying off?

Do you trade Monty's rights without having a pretty certain idea you have Ehrhoff as a sign on to the Sabres?

Or is this just freeing up more $$$?

yes and no. This move has no implications.

Do you trade Monty's rights without having a pretty certain idea you have Ehrhoff as a sign on to the Sabres?

Or is this just freeing up more $$$?

Regardless of whether Erhoff signs, I don't believe Montador was ever penciled into the depth chart for next year.

Myers, Regehr, Weber, Leopold, Sekera, Gragnani would probably all be higher than Monty, leaving his as #7. But if we get Erhoff, or maybe a Tomas Kaberle if Erhoff chooses not to sign, who's the odd man out? Gragnani because he's young? Leopold because he's older? Sekera or Weber both showed good signs of development last year so I don't know who I'd take out. I guess I'd sit Sekera, which works out because he probably has the highest trade value out of Weber/Sekera/Leopold..

No it won't. Between shipping out salary and sending

players to Rochester the sabres will be fine. It's big boy hockey now son.

Wow who wouldve ever thought that we would witness this from our SAbres...Im Speechless.... Cant wait to see what happens Friday morning when we wake up...

Wow who wouldve ever thought that we would witness this from our SAbres...Im Speechless.... Cant wait to see what happens Friday morning when we wake up...

Long time no see! It feels like I'm playing NHL 11 "Be a GM" Mode on Playstation -- just being able to go after who you want without second thoughts.

I believe they made this trade to show Richards that Buffalo is for real about being a contender. Maybe this move (along with the Regher trade) is good enough to lure in BR(Brad Richards)

Yes, the point I made earlier. PLUS by negotiating for his rights just hours before the deadline hits shows Richards how certain we are that quality players will want to play for us. It would really say something if Ehrhoff takes an offer within a day of being a free agent.

The Power of The Pegula!

I tend to think we are/were never going to be a serious player for Richards with the Rangers, Leafs and others ready to throw around some serious cash. IMHO, building from the back-end makes a lot of sense if a true number one center isn't a realistic option.

Why would Richards sign in TO or NY? TO has second-rate goaltending and NYR is where big ticket players go to die. Buffalo will be offering the same salary, plus Ryan Miller and possibly the best D-corps in the league.

Why would Richards sign in TO or NY? TO has second-rate goaltending and NYR is where big ticket players go to die. Buffalo will be offering the same salary, plus Ryan Miller and possibly the best D-corps in the league.

Not to mention Vanek, Stafford and Ennis for him to set up for and rack in the points.

NYR does have Lundqvist who many consider roughly just as good as Miller, but imo the rest of their roster is not as good as ours. Gaborik is a nice name to have but imo doesn't beat out Vanek/Roy/Stafford/Ennis, four potential 25-30 goal scorers.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes...

Regardless of whether Erhoff signs, I don't believe Montador was ever penciled into the depth chart for next year.

Myers, Regehr, Weber, Leopold, Sekera, Gragnani would probably all be higher than Monty, leaving his as #7. But if we get Erhoff, or maybe a Tomas Kaberle if Erhoff chooses not to sign, who's the odd man out? Gragnani because he's young? Leopold because he's older? Sekera or Weber both showed good signs of development last year so I don't know who I'd take out. I guess I'd sit Sekera, which works out because he probably has the highest trade value out of Weber/Sekera/Leopold..

Sekera because he's a wuss.

But Darcy sucks.

I'm allowed to worry about the Salary Cap because everyone else can worry about Darcy.

Why does Darcy suck? Because Bernier (who got us Rivet) and Torres (who was utilized incorrectly) didn't work out? Because Boyes got messed up by being shifted to Center and then shifted back to the wing without any time to build chemistry and confidence after hating himself for how bad he was down the line? I can't blame him for Drury and Briere or for Brian Campbell, because those were directives from above. Nor do I fault him for the guys he couldn't get last summer. Or initially letting Grier and Dumont go.

But this is the cat that got us Tim Connolly for Mike Peca (We still won that trade, even if Connolly isn't good enough for this team now), that got us Doug Gilmour and JP Dumont, that brought in Anderchyuk to try to put us over the top and who drafted The Tylers, but more importantly (Due to where they were picked in the draft) including Miller (5th Round) Gaustad (7th Round) Gerbe (5th) Gragnani (3rd) and Sekera (3rd) and that's just looking at guys who are currently on the roster.

And Darcy was able to set up that trade. Sure, players, former players and Terry Pegula helped convinced Regehr to waive his NMC, but that's part of making Hockey Heaven real; we're not there yet, so yeah, convincing some guys is going to need to happen. He got us Regehr and a 2nd Round pick for giving up Byron and Butler while taking Kotalik's contract.

(Which is a contract. Darcy says he'll have a chance to compete for a spot on the roster, but so will EVERYONE ELSE WHO PLAYS IN ROCHESTER when training camp comes around)

I'm allowed to worry about the Salary Cap because everyone else can worry about Darcy.

Why does Darcy suck? Because Bernier (who got us Rivet) and Torres (who was utilized incorrectly) didn't work out? Because Boyes got messed up by being shifted to Center and then shifted back to the wing without any time to build chemistry and confidence after hating himself for how bad he was down the line? I can't blame him for Drury and Briere or for Brian Campbell, because those were directives from above. Nor do I fault him for the guys he couldn't get last summer. Or initially letting Grier and Dumont go.

But this is the cat that got us Tim Connolly for Mike Peca (We still won that trade, even if Connolly isn't good enough for this team now), that got us Doug Gilmour and JP Dumont, that brought in Anderchyuk to try to put us over the top and who drafted The Tylers, but more importantly (Due to where they were picked in the draft) including Miller (5th Round) Gaustad (7th Round) Gerbe (5th) Gragnani (3rd) and Sekera (3rd) and that's just looking at guys who are currently on the roster.

And Darcy was able to set up that trade. Sure, players, former players and Terry Pegula helped convinced Regehr to waive his NMC, but that's part of making Hockey Heaven real; we're not there yet, so yeah, convincing some guys is going to need to happen. He got us Regehr and a 2nd Round pick for giving up Byron and Butler while taking Kotalik's contract.

(Which is a contract. Darcy says he'll have a chance to compete for a spot on the roster, but so will EVERYONE ELSE WHO PLAYS IN ROCHESTER when training camp comes around)

It was tongue in cheek. Some people just didnt understand that he was handcuffed under previous ownership. Speaking with some in the biz, i've heard that he is considered a top notch GM.

Dont forget all the young players he found via his video scouting, which was widely panned, especially by blowhards on this board. That got us the rookie of the year last year, and several AHL ROYs. He isnt perfect.

But these recent moves arent those of a crappy GM.

I like what ive seen so far, but outside of Richards, no FA excites me.

Archived