Richards a Ranger

Warriorspikes51

while i am inclined to agree... we look an awful lot like the boston team that just won the cup right now. But with more scoring depth. We may already have a winner on our hands.

Its just so dissapointing. It would be one thing to give Richards an offer then drop out and go for Leino. But we didn't and know we have a on a 4.5 million salary that is unproven a winger let alone center, a position he hasn't played since he was 23.

Not surprised by this at all. Feaster was a huge Richards supporter in Tampa, and what Iginla has pretty much never had is an elite center riding along side of him feeding him the puck. Would be a good fit.

That would be nice if Calgary just comes out of nowhere and shocks everyone by signing him and stealing him way from the likes of NY, LA, Toronto, and Tampa. hahaha

Yeah, having moved to Charlotte from WNY during their first season in the NFL, I was well aware of that (Brad and I are the same age).

So, how does a kid from PEI "grow up" a Panthers fan when they didn't even exist until he was in HS?

If he actually was a fan, I wouldn't say he "grew up" one. And I would find it mildly surprising that he's ever been a Carolina Panthers fan.

So, how does a kid from PEI "grow up" a Panthers fan when they didn't even exist until he was in HS?

If he actually was a fan, I wouldn't say he "grew up" one. And I would find it mildly surprising that he's ever been a Carolina Panthers fan.

He obviously doesn't grow up a Panthers fan, and once again the "always 100% accurate Wikipedia" is full of crap.

Sabres GM Darcy Regier told the media today that the Sabres are all but out of the running for free agent C Brad Richards. The team spoke with the agent for Richards, but did not travel to meet with him in person as other teams did on Friday. After the signing of forward Ville Leino, Regier said that they essentially have their team. Regier did not rule out a future trade or signing.

Sabres GM Darcy Regier told the media today that the Sabres are all but out of the running for free agent C Brad Richards. The team spoke with the agent for Richards, but did not travel to meet with him in person as other teams did on Friday. After the signing of forward Ville Leino, Regier said that they essentially have their team. Regier did not rule out a future trade or signing.

Stamkos sounds good right about now. Think about it, we keep signing all of these players for long term contracts. 4 First round picks is worth it for Stamkos. You can always trade up and get your picks back you know, but this Stamkos deal is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Talk about a young player who is in his prime, imagine if he can only get better!

I really don't like Brad Richards right now.

Don't feel like charlie from candy mountain. I know we have all be skeptical about everything that has been going on and have been given tons of hope about what could be happening and then have our kidney's poached from us in the dark.

We have made tremendous progress on the back end to make Miller look better next year and hopefully Leino can become a center again. We were 9th in goals scored last year. How do you go 9th in goals scored and barely make the playoffs? Poor Defense.

Good job TPegs and Darcy for seeing a lost cause early on and reverting to plan B as fast as you could.

Don't feel like charlie from candy mountain. I know we have all be skeptical about everything that has been going on and have been given tons of hope about what could be happening and then have our kidney's poached from us in the dark.

We have made tremendous progress on the back end to make Miller look better next year and hopefully Leino can become a center again. We were 9th in goals scored last year. How do you go 9th in goals scored and barely make the playoffs? Poor Defense.

Good job TPegs and Darcy for seeing a lost cause early on and reverting to plan B as fast as you could.

I grok this. But I had devoted so much energy to manifesting Brad Richards in Buffalo and now it'll never happen. And no doubt, Pegula's offer was amazing, probably unheard of type thing. Yeah, yer kidney reference. Perfect.

Great point here.

I grok this. But I had devoted so much energy to manifesting Brad Richards in Buffalo and now it'll never happen. And no doubt, Pegula's offer was amazing, probably unheard of type thing. Yeah, yer kidney reference. Perfect.

How many times have you groked at the idea of Buffalo being a player or RFA/UFA and trade deadlines only to see them sign a 3rd/4th line player that is "high in character" and do nothing.

Trust me, rangers are gonna get a good player in Richards but we need to save the room for Myers and will be better off cuz he just wants to keep up with his "most eligible NHL bachelor" routine.

Remember how much sh!t we gave Roy for the pics that came out from downtown B-lo?

Archived