Richards a Ranger

Warriorspikes51

By my count, they have just over $7M left on the Summer cap. They have room for Richards, but not by much. I hope somebody is going out.

IF they pull that off. and that is a massive if.

Then that would be a downright filthy forward lineup.

Vanek Richards Pominville

Ennis Roy Stafford

Leino Hecht Boyes

Gerbe Gaustad McCormick

IF they pull that off. and that is a massive if.

Then that would be a downright filthy forward lineup.

Vanek Richards Pominville

Ennis Roy Stafford

Leino Hecht Boyes

Gerbe Gaustad McCormick

I don't like the third line with three part-time centers, but otherwise not bad. I don't know how they fit everyone though.

For whatever it's worth, the TSN / NHLN guy hanging around outside Morris' office says that "Terry Pegula really wants Richards" and also that the "Rangers expect to get him." He's also saying that he doesn't expect a decision to come today.

Neither of those 2 have spoken to Morris & Richards yet.

None of that is particularily news, but it is interesting that Pegula & crew STILL haven't been able to speak to them. TSN / NHLN is making it sound like Pegula wants to go last in the meetings. They also make it sound like the Strangers are going to talk to them last and it'll be by conference call.

Looks like it'll stay interesting.

Interesting tidbit from the always 100% accurate Wikipedia...

"Also a big football fan, he [Richards] considers the Buffalo Bills as his favorite NFL team, though he grew up a Carolina Panthers fan."

Maybe Terry will buy the Bills to convince Brad to sign in Buffalo???

"Also a big football fan, he [Richards] considers the Buffalo Bills as his favorite NFL team, though he grew up a Carolina Panthers fan."

He's too old to have "grown up" a Carolina Panthers fan. Moreover, who the hell would have actively switched their favorite NFL team to the Bills at any point in the last 10 years?

Good stuff, Wikipedia.

That changed since yesterday; it said the Packers were his favorite team.

He "grew up a Carolina Panthers fan?" You do realize he was 15 years old before they ever took a single snap? Right?

:huh:

He "grew up a Carolina Panthers fan?" You do realize he was 15 years old before they ever took a single snap? Right?

:huh:

Yeah, having moved to Charlotte from WNY during their first season in the NFL, I was well aware of that (Brad and I are the same age).

They did talk to the agent. I think it's a good move not to way overpay for him.

So was max cap money people were talking about for each of the 1st 2 years - does that include signing bonus money?

Archived