Richards a Ranger

Warriorspikes51

Not sure how reliable this website is. It seems OK. According to this, we tried in early June to trade for Richards rights.

"Trade rumors continue to surround the Buffalo Sabres for the 2011-2012 NHL season. The Sabres recently resigned Drew Stafford to a 4 year contract. The contract is worth $4 million per year. Stafford scored 31 goals and 21 assists in 62 games last year. His contract seems like overpayment but if the 25 year old can continue to produce over 30 goal seasons and get over 50 points, he is worth the money.

The Buffalo Sabres are trying to trade for the rights to unrestricted free agent, Brad Richards. Richards said that he will not resign with the Dallas Stars. Many other sources claim that Richards will sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs or the New York Rangers. Richards wants to play for an established playoff contender, so it is more likely he will sign on July 1st with the Tampa Bay Lightning or the Buffalo Sabres."

This was posted on June 4th .

Rumor Link

Seems quite probable that Terry Pegula has already spoken with Brad Richards.

i was under the impression we were not allowed to talk to him until his contract was officially up on July 1?

Anyone wanna clarify this one for me?

You can't talk to the player under contract unless the team allows it, at least how I understand it. Then you have to speak with his agent, which wont be allowed until July 1st.

That site looks like a 5th grade computer science project.

Not sure how reliable this website is. It seems OK. According to this, we tried in early June to trade for Richards rights.

"Trade rumors continue to surround the Buffalo Sabres for the 2011-2012 NHL season. The Sabres recently resigned Drew Stafford to a 4 year contract. The contract is worth $4 million per year. Stafford scored 31 goals and 21 assists in 62 games last year. His contract seems like overpayment but if the 25 year old can continue to produce over 30 goal seasons and get over 50 points, he is worth the money.

The Buffalo Sabres are trying to trade for the rights to unrestricted free agent, Brad Richards. Richards said that he will not resign with the Dallas Stars. Many other sources claim that Richards will sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs or the New York Rangers. Richards wants to play for an established playoff contender, so it is more likely he will sign on July 1st with the Tampa Bay Lightning or the Buffalo Sabres."

This was posted on June 4th .

Rumor Link

Seems quite probable that Terry Pegula has already spoken with Brad Richards.

Not sure if it is legit but Richards has openly stated he will not trade his rights. Also the bolded part has not taken place. If it had than Pegula would be guilty of tampering.

i was under the impression we were not allowed to talk to him until his contract was officially up on July 1?

Anyone wanna clarify this one for me?

Dallas is the only team that can talk to Richards (B) currently. They could trade their rights to any other team that was willing to offer something to them. They also could allow another team to speak to him w/out getting anything in return. It is unlikely they would do that unless they had the framework of a trade put together and the other team will only pull the trigger if they know Richards will sign with them.

Dallas holds all the cards for 4 more days. Then they are all in Brad's hand.

Dallas is the only team that can talk to Richards (B) currently. They could trade their rights to any other team that was willing to offer something to them. They also could allow another team to speak to him w/out getting anything in return. It is unlikely they would do that unless they had the framework of a trade put together and the other team will only pull the trigger if they know Richards will sign with them.

Dallas holds all the cards for 4 more days. Then they are all in Brad's hand.

I just got chills. Here's to me doing absolutely no work this Friday.

I just got chills. Here's to me doing absolutely no work this Friday.

I've taken the day off from work for trade deadline day for years and years, and before then, skipped school on that day. First time ever, i've taken July 1st off. You never know what can happen.

Not sure if it is legit but Richards has openly stated he will not trade his rights. Also the bolded part has not taken place. If it had than Pegula would be guilty of tampering.

When it was announced last week he would not waive his NMC, i almost posted here.Hers's my question.

Dallas can give him their best and final offer right before the trade. Then Richards gets to go to another team and get their best and final..all this before July 1. So, now he has two offers to start to guage the market, and cause the first team threw an asset in there..maybe they willing to overspend. (You just know Philly overspent on Bryz after trading for Hamhuis(sp)last year and seeing him walk). Maybe you get to a fair deal, then ask for that little kicker to sign on the 30th.Plus, he can always re-sign with Dallas if he wanted to. If not, he is a UFA on July 1, just like he is with Dallas.

I have to be missing something here...waht is the downside to him accepting a trade??? Agent scared he might get out negotiated and take an under market deal...then your agent sucks

When it was announced last week he would not waive his NMC, i almost posted here.Hers's my question.

Dallas can give him their best and final offer right before the trade. Then Richards gets to go to another team and get their best and final..all this before July 1. So, now he has two offers to start to guage the market, and cause the first team threw an asset in there..maybe they willing to overspend. (You just know Philly overspent on Bryz after trading for Hamhuis(sp)last year and seeing him walk). Maybe you get to a fair deal, then ask for that little kicker to sign on the 30th.Plus, he can always re-sign with Dallas if he wanted to. If not, he is a UFA on July 1, just like he is with Dallas.

I have to be missing something here...waht is the downside to him accepting a trade??? Agent scared he might get out negotiated and take an under market deal...then your agent sucks

UFA market for all-star center is basically a "let the bidding begin" type of deal. He can get offers from every team and see who gives him the best. If he accepts a trade it's only one team that can sign him between now and July 1st. So he could basically do the same thing and not sign when his rights are traded but I think that would be a slap in the face of the club that did a lot to get your right and then you walk anyways.

Just my 2 cents. I think it would make his image more classy for holding out until free agency hits.

I think he just knows he is going to test free agency. He won't waive his NMC because he knows he will not sign with the team he is traded to -- he is going to test the market no matter what. So I think it's just out of the goodness of his heart that he doesn't want to dick some team over that may trade for his rights, when he already knows he is not going to sign that deal (at least unless on July 1st it is still the best offer).

A player doesn't make trades, the team does. I think what Richards has said was he would not sign with a team his rights were traded to. He plans on becoming an UFA.

A player doesn't make trades, the team does. I think what Richards has said was he would not sign with a team his rights were traded to. He plans on becoming an UFA.

Richards said he would not waive his no trade clause, ie his rights CANNOT be traded. But yes, he does plan on becoming a UFA.

So how much has our stock gone up now that we've signed Regehr? I have to believe players may be starting to recognize Buffalo isn't the same ol' same ol' with Pegula as owner.

I think he just knows he is going to test free agency. He won't waive his NMC because he knows he will not sign with the team he is traded to -- he is going to test the market no matter what. So I think it's just out of the goodness of his heart that he doesn't want to dick some team over that may trade for his rights, when he already knows he is not going to sign that deal (at least unless on July 1st it is still the best offer).

I disagree and think Dallas has been good to him, he should wave his NTC. Even if he does he doesn't have to sign with anyone. He should let Dallas get something for him, I am guessing they have made fair offers to try to keep him. They have been good to him. He can still test free agency and he gets one teams best offer out of the way when there is less pressure. He can tell the team give me your best shot, but I am still going to wait on other offers.

I've taken the day off from work for trade deadline day for years and years, and before then, skipped school on that day. First time ever, i've taken July 1st off. You never know what can happen.

They've given everyone in Canada the day off with pay. The importance of hockey can not be underestimated north of the 49. :rolleyes:

They've given everyone in Canada the day off with pay. The importance of hockey can not be underestimated north of the 49. :rolleyes:

I've heard they are disregarding the feats of the British on 7/1 in favor of acknowledging the feats of the Bettman to add a 7th Canadian team.

Archived