(OT) Mighty Taco in Rochester!

LGR4GM

The only less-authentic taco available in the US is Taco Bell. I've never understood the fascination with Mighty and I never will. Gross.

In Buffalo? Find out where Lloyd Taco Truck is (google it) and get something that approaches real taco-ness.

You can use the full editor to add it in.

I've heard the Mighty Tacos commercials for years, but what makes the mighty?

THXS! I fixed it. Super Mighty's have lettuce and tomatoe and more meat than a regular mighty but what makes them mighty is the awesome meat thats 100% beef!

Also and i forgot to quote it, you are right. Real Tacos are completely different than what we eat and a good deal of them do not have beef in them but chicken is more common and lettuce and tomato is not common either but beans and corn and peppers are. Still I like mighty and its def better than taco hell.

http://henrietta.whec.com/news/news/mighty-taco-coming-henrietta/51587 looks like Henrietta is well on its way to getting a mighty. Now Pegula should def be in on this, You go Sabres and Mighty both in rochester... Its like a match made in heaven!

sorry forgot to put OT in front... :oops:

rochester had a couple mighty tacos but they closed in the early 2000s, they just couldnt make it.

with that said, i freaking love the mighty and people had better support it this time around.

The only less-authentic taco available in the US is Taco Bell. I've never understood the fascination with Mighty and I never will. Gross.

Then I'll probably like it, because I don't like most of the stuff that's in authentic tacos. Give me a crunchy shell with beef, shredded cheese (colby-jack works very well), shredded lettuce, and taco sauce. Mmmm :wub:

Processed American cheese food.

Or maybe not. So, it's liquid cheese sauce? Yuck.

rochester had a couple mighty tacos but they closed in the early 2000s, they just couldnt make it.

with that said, i freaking love the mighty and people had better support it this time around.

Not exactly. I've been in Ra-cha-cha since mid-90's and I have never seen a MT in Ra-cha-cha. (I know of at least 1 group that tried to bring 1 to town and was rebuffed, but know of no stores that were in Ra-cha-cha at turn of the millenium.)

EDIT: You might be thinking of Don Pablo's that had a few stores around the area and closed about 2 years ago or the Mexican place that was off north side of Ridge at I390 back in mid-90's; but not MT.

Then I'll probably like it, because I don't like most of the stuff that's in authentic tacos. Give me a crunchy shell with beef, shredded cheese (colby-jack works very well), shredded lettuce, and taco sauce. Mmmm :wub:

Or maybe not. So, it's liquid cheese sauce? Yuck.

no they use peices of cheese like you would put on sandwiches... its all processed anyways

Mighty Taco once had a Syracuse location in the Carousel Mall. It didn't survive.

PTR

That's because you can't get in the mall after midnight. MT is drunk food. The place shouldn't even open until midnight. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm. Nothing beats a couple of Super Mighty's after a night of abusing your liver!

If they had put it on Marshall Street or in Armory Square it would have thrived.

That's because you can't get in the mall after midnight. MT is drunk food. The place shouldn't even open until midnight. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm. Nothing beats a couple of Super Mighty's after a night of abusing your liver!

If they had put it on Marshall Street or in Armory Square it would have thrived.

You can't beat good drunk food. There's never enough of it out there. The only options I ever have out here where I am in Boston are a couple crappy pizza places where I'm pretty sure the crust is actually just a pizza box. I would kill for a Mighty out here.

I do get to settle for one thing though. They're opening a Wegmans a bit west of here in October. I can't wait to stock up on some sahlen's hot dogs. I'll just make my own drunk food at home.

This.

The vast amjority of the MT I have consumed in my lifetime was well after 1am.

There was a MT in Fredonia for a few years. I can't remember exactly when, but I think it was open from 99-2005 or so.

It closed down, but again, the problem was that it was outside of the village, out where you needed a car to get to it. More difficult for the drunk college folks, so people just ate chicken finger subs that they could get steps away from whichever bar they just stumbled out of.

This.

The vast amjority of the MT I have consumed in my lifetime was well after 1am.

Likewise, I used to frequent the original MT on Hertel in my Buff State days after a night at Gables or Hotel California. Three beef & cheese burritos extra cheese, extra hot ...

Wish we had one here in central Florida ...

Same here...only thing is, don't ever try to walk through the drive thru, or pretend your in a car to try to get them to give you food...doesn't end well for you... :cry:

I've done it...

the Wendy's on Wherle and Transit thought it was funny. :thumbsup:

Archived