Good whisky/whiskey

biodork

A lot of the posts here reference the fact that many preferred brands are not only expensive, but often hard to find. I order my good booze from a certain place in California, and it’s way cheaper than here in NC, and the variety is ridiculous. I’m new here so I don’t know if it’s okay to just flat out name the place for you. FWIW I’m not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy customer.

Dude. Name away!

And welcome.

Did you hear Bettman's trying to screw us out of McDavid and/or Eichel?

It's Hi Time Wine Cellars. Lagavulin 16 in NC is $100, but they sell it for $75. Wine, bourbon, tequila, etc., not just Scotch. They package the bottles very well (like in a styrofoam cast), so shipping has never been a problem. One thing to remember - you can get air shipping anytime of year, but if you do land shipping (cheaper) they won't do it in the summer or the winter, because the conditions (temperatures) adversely impact quality. God, I really do sound like I'm schilling for these people, don't I?

It's Hi Time Wine Cellars. Lagavulin 16 in NC is $100, but they sell it for $75. Wine, bourbon, tequila, etc., not just Scotch. They package the bottles very well (like in a styrofoam cast), so shipping has never been a problem. One thing to remember - you can get air shipping anytime of year, but if you do land shipping (cheaper) they won't do it in the summer or the winter, because the conditions (temperatures) adversely impact quality. God, I really do sound like I'm schilling for these people, don't I?

Dammit! No shipping to PA. Curse this state's ass-backwards liquor laws. :(

Let's talk Knob Creek. As above, I'm a Maker's fan, but getting into Knob Creek. A bit stronger, but a really nice spicy finish.

I tried Knob Creek a while back, but I didn't like how hot it was. I prefer Woodford for that tier.

Gotta have a hook up in NY to ship it to.

Unfortunately I live closer to MD than NY, and my only friend living there is south of DC so he's probably just as far as NY (3 hrs).

Let's talk Knob Creek. As above, I'm a Maker's fan, but getting into Knob Creek. A bit stronger, but a really nice spicy finish.

Knob is a good, solid pour. It is Beam's high rye recipe so yes, spicy. The barrel notes sometimes get in the way too much for me, but that is my personal preference.

Knob is a good, solid pour. It is Beam's high rye recipe so yes, spicy. The barrel notes sometimes get in the way too much for me, but that is my personal preference.

It's just too strong for me. I like to have more than 2 and remain standing.

I wanna drink bourbon with weave.

Same

Dammit! No shipping to PA. Curse this state's ass-backwards liquor laws. :(

Screwiest liquor laws in the country with the exception of UT and possibly SC, as far as I can tell.

As Eleven knows, I guard my anonymity here quite jealously.

Yet, I wanna drink bourbon with weave.

There is only one solution: Those assembled will need to drink to the point of having substantial memory loss.

Either that, or I stop acting such a ninny about the identity thing.

Or both?

There is only one solution: Those assembled will need to drink to the point of having substantial memory loss.

Or both?

Probably both.

Or both?

Probably both.

Just claim you are some obscure poster when you are drinking with him.

Just make sure it's a place with bushes so I can hide.

OK, I think a whiskey party needs to happen now. I am limited in my ability to organize until after my laptop comes back from the dead. Obviously, we'll need to do this in western NY. Where can depend on how Rochester-centric or Buffalo-centric the response. Anyone down for a bring-a-whiskey-to-share party please PM me. Feel free to offer ideas for location and format. Once my laptop is back online and I can manage my PM's I will respond and see if we can make this happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.