Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Very true, but that doesn't relate to the underlying discussion of the top 6 being ineffective on the forecheck and in creating scoring chances against both teams.

Actually a team that was 3rd in GPG compared to a team that was 30th in GPG very much relates to how many scoring chances your top 6 gets when your coach has said top 6 playing a defensive first game.

Actually a team that was 3rd in GPG compared to a team that was 30th in GPG very much relates to how many scoring chances your top 6 gets when your coach has said top 6 playing a defensive first game.

Got a link for this quote by Lindy? In any case, Lindy said after the game last night that his forwards need to do better on the forecheck and create more offense.

Too much poster on poster crime going on. Why so much hate? Advantage Swords, life is good.

Got a link for this quote by Lindy? In any case, Lindy said after the game last night that his forwards need to do better on the forecheck and create more offense.

Maybe not, but he did talk about cancer, Warren Miller, cougars and Australia. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but my sophomoric sense of humor just loves this. Per the WGR auto-generated transcript of Ruff's post-game:

And it -- questions now about what you thought it was. Caught and blocked it so much cancer. Who's locked in tonight. Didn't make us. No but I don't mention that you -- after weeks of you know obviously -- couple periods of play. You know he's focused. A little worried about the lack of playing time but him. He was efficient and he was he was on the --But look like -- at least second unit after unit shipped pre -- cat that really. Yeah double blinded him you know and the rarest of force soon. You know with puck control. There's some plays down low even early on the first period and know again it's a lot of times it isn't -- here you've been going to get some done.

......we've lost Kelyn Acosta lost stood for the period of time which was tough but today. Kept their bodies in shot lanes we didn't give me a second opportunity download. I -- just the desperation in the you could sense that. You know it does -- time here were. You need just a little bit more. You know -- Flint. Forty of these schemes like blue ribbon play in this game now for three months it's been the one -- game it's been. Whether it's 2132. Were tied late in the period. What is said we've been we've been tested continually down the stretch in really only failed a test and one home game that. -- you can call -- a bad break but we knew that. It's going to be extremely tough with. Games tighten up in the playoffs. Yeah there there were gonna. Program and yet the first grown. Your defenseman and -- stood up to printers and stuff like that I kinda sad moment you know want reductions gonna let you. --

..... The referees will take care of the rest if if it's an unwarranted but we're gonna be uniform. Cougars got. I just. Again -- You know Tim Connolly has been our best defending five on three. Forward views. He's clearly reading the play he makes himself big keys. You'll be a block a shot. As well as anybody in this league when it comes to five and three at. You can really is who you gonna give him a lot of credit because you'll stand in front of it and make himself big and if -- it usually it doesn't mean he knows how to get the landing Sarah and I thought our defense down -- We can push them to the outside money goes up top premiere at the top guy and we're able to limit to the real good opportunities. And I'd rather politics didn't -- their point. I don't know maybe Carter's days rumors are that nobody has went nuts Warren Miller's night. The weather problems lately some issues that -- And I'm. I know this is a bad saying the going to be Australian.

BTW I'm still pissed that we've lost Kelyn Acosta

Too much poster on poster crime going on. Why so much hate? Advantage Swords, life is good.

Maybe not, but he did talk about cancer, Warren Miller, cougars and Australia. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but my sophomoric sense of humor just loves this. Per the WGR auto-generated transcript of Ruff's post-game:

And it -- questions now about what you thought it was. Caught and blocked it so much cancer. Who's locked in tonight. Didn't make us. No but I don't mention that you -- after weeks of you know obviously -- couple periods of play. You know he's focused. A little worried about the lack of playing time but him. He was efficient and he was he was on the --But look like -- at least second unit after unit shipped pre -- cat that really.

Yeah double blinded him you know and the rarest of force soon. You know with puck control. There's some plays down low even early on the first period and know again it's a lot of times it isn't -- here you've been going to get some done.

we've lost Kelyn Acosta lost stood for the period of time which was tough but today. Kept their bodies in shot lanes we didn't give me a second opportunity download. I -- just the desperation in the you could sense that. You know it does -- time here were. You need just a little bit more. You know -- Flint. Forty of these schemes like blue ribbon play in this game now for three months it's been the one -- game it's been. Whether it's 2132. Were tied late in the period. What is said we've been we've been tested continually down the stretch in really only failed a test and one home game that. -- you can call -- a bad break but we knew that. It's going to be extremely tough with. Games tighten up in the playoffs. Yeah there there were gonna. Program and yet the first grown. Your defenseman and -- stood up to printers and stuff like that I kinda sad moment you know want reductions gonna let you. --

But I think it -- I think that you know we said nobody's gonna get. We're not gonna allow new -- trying to to -- obviously. The referees will take care of the rest if if it's an unwarranted but we're gonna be uniform. Cougars got. I just. Again -- You know Tim Connolly has been our best defending five on three. Forward views. He's clearly reading the play he makes himself big keys. You'll be a block a shot. As well as anybody in this league when it comes to five and three at. You can really is who you gonna give him a lot of credit because you'll stand in front of it and make himself big and if -- it usually it doesn't mean he knows how to get the landing Sarah and I thought our defense down -- We can push them to the outside money goes up top premiere at the top guy and we're able to limit to the real good opportunities. And I'd rather politics didn't -- their point. I don't know maybe Carter's days rumors are that nobody has went nuts Warren Miller's night. The weather problems lately some issues that -- And I'm. I know this is a bad saying the going to be Australian.

HAHA That's hilarious! :lol:

And it -- questions now about what you thought it was. Caught and blocked it so much cancer. Who's locked in tonight. Didn't make us. No but I don't mention that you -- after weeks of you know obviously -- couple periods of play. You know he's focused. A little worried about the lack of playing time but him. He was efficient and he was he was on the --But look like -- at least second unit after unit shipped pre -- cat that really.

Yeah double blinded him you know and the rarest of force soon. You know with puck control. There's some plays down low even early on the first period and know again it's a lot of times it isn't -- here you've been going to get some done.

......we've lost Kelyn Acosta lost stood for the period of time which was tough but today. Kept their bodies in shot lanes we didn't give me a second opportunity download. I -- just the desperation in the you could sense that. You know it does -- time here were. You need just a little bit more. You know -- Flint. Forty of these schemes like blue ribbon play in this game now for three months it's been the one -- game it's been. Whether it's 2132. Were tied late in the period. What is said we've been we've been tested continually down the stretch in really only failed a test and one home game that. -- you can call -- a bad break but we knew that. It's going to be extremely tough with. Games tighten up in the playoffs. Yeah there there were gonna. Program and yet the first grown. Your defenseman and -- stood up to printers and stuff like that I kinda sad moment you know want reductions gonna let you. --

..... The referees will take care of the rest if if it's an unwarranted but we're gonna be uniform. Cougars got. I just. Again -- You know Tim Connolly has been our best defending five on three. Forward views. He's clearly reading the play he makes himself big keys. You'll be a block a shot. As well as anybody in this league when it comes to five and three at. You can really is who you gonna give him a lot of credit because you'll stand in front of it and make himself big and if -- it usually it doesn't mean he knows how to get the landing Sarah and I thought our defense down -- We can push them to the outside money goes up top premiere at the top guy and we're able to limit to the real good opportunities. And I'd rather politics didn't -- their point. I don't know maybe Carter's days rumors are that nobody has went nuts Warren Miller's night. The weather problems lately some issues that -- And I'm. I know this is a bad saying the going to be Australian.

Those damned cougars!

I agree about the poster-on-poster crime. A playoff win GDT is no place for a wee-wee contest.

Those damned cougars!

I agree about the poster-on-poster crime. A playoff win GDT is no place for a wee-wee contest.

It's in some sick way humorous. It's like awkwardly sitting in the middle of a heated argument. Kind of like Rob Ray at around the 2 minute mark in the video below.

This is not hockey talk I am moving on.

I'll move on now.

Move on. Nothing to see here folks. Move on. <inserts imaginary cop emoticon swinging a baton>

+1 :thumbsup:

Late post from my side.

We stole this game, Miller was awesome, our D quiet solid.

I missed the punching power of our offense but with 6:2 penalties against us it is understandable.

Solid D? They gave up 35 shots and blocked another 16? That's 51 shot attempts in 60 minutes.

The Sabres played 7 defensemen when they were short on forwards, they might want to consider playing a extra forward and sitting Montador.

Solid D? They gave up 35 shots and blocked another 16? That's 51 shot attempts in 60 minutes.

The Sabres player 7 defensemen when they were short on forwards, they might want to consider playing a extra forward and sitting Montador.

They also had 23 more that missed the net. That's a lot of shots.

74 in 60 minutes, that is not a solid effort.

Shot attempts is not shots on goal. Shots on goal are not scoring chances. All I care about is scoring chances and the difference in scoring chances between the two teams really wasn't that different.

Is everything okay DeLuca? Even for you you're sour today.

Shot attempts is not shots on goal. Shots on goal are not scoring chances. All I care about is scoring chances and the difference in scoring chances between the two teams really wasn't that different.

Is everything okay DeLuca? Even for you you're sour today.

It's also puck possession. Watching teams in the West during the first set of games makes me believe the Sabres get blown out with the same effort against other teams. Give Detroit 74 shot attempts times during 60 minutes and you probably don't win 1-0.

I'm fine, it's the playoffs, time to step up the physical game if you know what I mean. The tooth-comb gets finer in the playoffs.

Earlier today I went looking ot see if I could find time of possession and scoring chances stats from last nights game and came up empty. My impression from watching was that Philly had a pretty sizeable advantage in both, especially in the 2nd period. Shots on goal don't really bare that out, as they were fairly even in periods 1 and 3 (Philly had a 10 shot advantage in period 2). If anyone knows a good site for possession time and scoring chances I'd appreciate a heads up.

It's also puck possession. Watching teams in the West during the first set of games makes me believe the Sabres get blown out with the same effort against other teams. Give Detroit 74 shot attempts times during 60 minutes and you probably don't win 1-0.

I'm fine, it's the playoffs, time to step up the physical game if you know what I mean. The tooth-comb gets finer in the playoffs.

The Sabres were more physical than the Flyers in game one. By a lot. It wasn't even close. I'm just as surprised as you that I can say that, but it's true. Just ask a Flyers fan.

Will that be true of game 2? I don't know, but it was true of game one and it's why we won the game. I'm happy.

The Sabres were more physical than the Flyers in game one. By a lot. It wasn't even close. I'm just as surprised as you that I can say that, but it's true. Just ask a Flyers fan.

Will that be true of game 2? I don't know, but it was true of game one and it's why we won the game. I'm happy.

I agree 100%

I'm not sure that is a slam dunk statement. Philly out hit Buffalo 40-35. I thought the physical play was pretty even myself.

Archived