Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

Ya it was like the twilight zone there for a couple of days.

I hope he likes fuc*buddy.com. :ph34r:

Yah and anything that happens to his email he reads this board all the time, he will blame me for even though hes the dummy who cant read.... yea that doesnt make sense anyways, lol its been fun the last few days on here hasnt it? I love playoff hockey!

I think you are the first to mention that, interesting........Wouldn't that be the story of stories....... :beer:

I just noticed it on accident. I couldn't believe no one else had. It's so obvious haha

And that would be incredibly cool. I think if we can beat the Flyers we stand a pretty good chance. Wouldn't THAT be something?

I'm gonna go Off-Topic here and let everyone know that the game day/series discussion thread on the Flyers forums has just reached 3 whole pages compared to our 20....

Congrats Broad Street Losers!

Yeah, but ours is mostly about DeLuca ;)

as a fan watching or as a player growing up?

As a fan I am very superstitious come playoff time. I employ all the classics. sitting in same spot when doing good, switching seats when in a slump, good luck hat that must be worn at all times during game...... unless of course we start doing badly in which case I break out the jinx breaker hat (or go hatless), if we have a great period I get the same drink, bad period i will get a different one. I think thats all of them if not I am sure I will remember them come puck drop haha.

As a player my only superstition come playoff/tournament games was the same as normal games in that I would do the same routine getting equipment on (left to right on stuff. Also i liked to get a hot pretzel with all the salt taken off before the game thou that one might just be cause of how good hot pretzels are lol

I don't see that at all. I expect Briere to be a 1.5 ppg player during this series. However, I don't see that on it's own being enough to get the Phlyers past the Sabres.

I worry about Brierre too. I'd glue Ennis and Gerbe on him. I'd also soften him up anytime he goes by. Danny meet the boards. Once he's dispatched, Giroux is next.

How big would it be if the Sabres take a game in Philly and Miller isn't the star? This team is in the playoffs because of contributions from some surprise sources and I include Stafford in that group. It would go a long way if one of those players stepped up early in the series like Gerbe did against Montreal.

Miller wasn't the star last week in the Philly game. Gerbe was. I think these games are going to be 4-3 type affairs.

The good news here is that we are better on the road this season. Taking 1 in philly I believe is not only possible but probable. The sabres have the defensive skills to lock out the flyers top two lines. Get miller to hold the fort and who knows what could happen in philly

Excellant point!

How big would it be if the Sabres take a game in Philly and Miller isn't the star? This team is in the playoffs because of contributions from some surprise sources and I include Stafford in that group. It would go a long way if one of those players stepped up early in the series like Gerbe did against Montreal.

It would be HUGE. I think that the momentum this can generate can only help a team like the Sabres with a lot of young players.

I will even use Danny Briere's own comments from a Philly newspaper to back up this point, He said about 2006 "That was special because that first series was kind of a kickoff to us really believing in ourselves," Briere recalled Tuesday. "We could have faced New Jersey, the Rangers or Philly in that first round, and to be honest, we were all hoping it would be New Jersey or the Rangers. We didn't want to play Philly because of their reputation and how tough a place it was to play in the playoffs."

That playoff series marked the beginning of a two-year run of success for the Sabres,...."

Now thats the kind of magic I am hoping and looking for.

How has this not been a topic of conversation before. My favorite moment this season was being at the game when the team saluted his banner. Yeah OT I know...

I was at that game and I will never forget that moment, we were sitting in the nose bleeds, last row right behind the net at the end where the banners hang. I was looking up at his banner all night, taking glances and remembering going to games with my Dad and what not. When the whole team skated over and did the salute I was never prouder to be a Sabres fan. Lets do it for Rico!

as a fan watching or as a player growing up?

As a fan I am very superstitious come playoff time. I employ all the classics. sitting in same spot when doing good, switching seats when in a slump, good luck hat that must be worn at all times during game...... unless of course we start doing badly in which case I break out the jinx breaker hat (or go hatless), if we have a great period I get the same drink, bad period i will get a different one. I think thats all of them if not I am sure I will remember them come puck drop haha.

I do all of those things and I also change the volume of my stereo to a player that I want to do well. So usually I have it set to 30 for Miller and this is a good volume for the regular season. But it is playoff time and I don't care what my wife will say, the volume goes to 42 and lets hope that little monster has a wicked playoffs.............. :beer:

Archived