Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

I don't expect him to be traded this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is. (I also wouldn't be unhappy, since presumably they would be getting a very good player in return.)

Yup, but now we are straying into the whole top def debate again so I will say I would be ok with roy going if we got a better or younger center in return

Anyone heard anything about pronger?

I guess I cant buy into the theory that Roy's leaving the locker room let everyone play better. It doesnt matter we might not see roy until next season or ever if its true what your proposing then I would imagine he gets traded in the offseason

It changed the lines? the chemistry...the philosphy...at least on one line. It has now infected two or three. Fewer low percentage shots with more hig percentage chances? I wonder what scoring chances, team points, goals, pp goals look like after his departure? All up? It was not about the locker room. It was about the ice.

I mean to get cut... I don't see them sending Enroth down.

Oh hehe ... I completely misunderstood you then. I would say Lalime would go down and then possibly Mancari (even though I would not want to see him replaced) when Grier comes back.

It changed the lines? the chemistry...the philosphy...at least on one line. It has now infected two or three. Fewer low percentage shots with more hig percentage chances? I wonder what scoring chances, team points, goals, pp goals look like after his departure? All up? It was not about the locker room. It was about the ice.

Obviously they are all up because the team played better. That was not nor has been nor will be my point. I was originally saying the return of Roy would help us.

These two teams appear to be at the direct opposite compared to a year ago and I think our guys will be dangerous and Philly while being a solid team is in for the let down this year and we are gonna be dangerous. Sabres win in six.

Ellis got sent back to Portland today.

I'm disappointed. I would have rather seen Ellis in the lineup instead of Mancari. I think his style of play and amount of experience at the NHL level is more valuable than what Mancari brings to the table.

Obviously they are all because the team played better. That was nor has been nor will be my point. I was originally saying the return of Roy would help us.

I agree Roy will help us if he returns.

The thing we need to remember about losing him is that it became a galvanizing factor for the team. They were faced with the adversity of losing their top scorer and either had to respond or fold. We all saw what happened. I don't think it's as simple as saying "we were better without him." I think if Vanek went out instead the team would have been faced with the same challenge to respond.

If Roy returns he won't be returning to the same team he left when he was injured. He'll return to a team that's grown up a lot and he'll either get with the program or not. I suspect he'll fit right in and help them. At any rate it'll be a nice problem to have.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm disappointed. I would have rather seen Ellis in the lineup instead of Mancari. I think his style of play and amount of experience at the NHL level is more valuable than what Mancari brings to the table.

Mancari had a pretty good game against the Flyers last week IMO. Threw his body around a lot that game. Mancari-Goose-Gerbe was great.

i'd agree if we were talking about matt ellis at this time last year. but the guy hasn't been able to bring much of anything in 2011. i'm fine with keeping mancari in the lineup. i'm also hopeful that grier returns, in which case i assume mancari would sit.

I'd prefer to see MAG

I know Morrisonn has been slumping the last month or two, but as I stated earlier in this thread, I think because of his experience(and size), Lindy has to give him a chance in Game 1. You already have the playoff inexperience of Weber, Butler, Myers & Sekera. You want to add Gragnani to the mix?

I know Morrisonn has been slumping the last month or two, but as I stated earlier in this thread, I think because of his experience(and size), Lindy has to give him a chance in Game 1. You already have the playoff inexperience of Weber, Butler, Myers & Sekera. You want to add Gragnani to the mix?

Good point. I've just liked his strong play as of late. The experience is definitely a factor, and possibly an edge.

I used to but I just can't see the point now. None of my superstitions have won us a Cup so I don't bother anymore. :beer:

Any superstitions that any Sabres fan has done in the past hasn't worked - so everyone stop doing those things. :)

Archived