Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

Negative, positive it's all a matter of perspective. Why is suggesting that the Sabres can improve overall by moving Miller considered being "negative." Shouldn't discussing ways to improve the team be considered a "positive?" The only real "negative" about my posts are the responses they get from the same band of posters who never have anything to actually say other than declaring me "negative." When is the last time PTR, Dr. Holiday or Crosschecking actually contributed to the overall hockey discussions other than Shrader-esq attempts at one-liners? The only negative on this board is the fear of actual hockey discussion that seems to be growing.

Oh, :sick: !!! You're more full of yourself than a flooded wastewater treatment plant.

Haha, that is a very good point. We read things on here everyday but in reality it's true, we are just strangers.

Meh, I don't subscribe to that thinking. Sure, none of us have "met" in person, but we know each other, we've been posting on the same board for such a long time sharing a common love for a single team. Maybe it's just me, but the internet, forums, and discussions are such a huge part of our society now that I have a hard time saying they're not "real life".

Anyway, off-topic sure, but I wanted to comment about that.

If a team cant win with one guy out aka Pronger, than they dont deserve to win at all. We have had roy half the season and we arent whining about that. This team has the ability to destroy Philly and I think they will do it. Everyone says that winstreaks going into the playoffs dont matter but I bet some philly players are saying geez we could have been better down the stretch... Sabres players are pumped on confidence and so I think as long as we win game 1 or 2 we can defeat the flyers

Tpegs is right Winning is a belief.

That has been the secret to most of the playoff success under Ruff. Start on the road and steal a game, two if possible.

Thank you.

People were acting like I was calling them out for discussing it. I'm saying the games the teams think they are playing are a waste. If you believe you are the best...you don't worry about injuries, you don't worry about refs, you don't say "I'm not scared" on the bench. You wake up Thursday morning, get on the throne and do your business, eat some beef jerky, then think about how good it's going to feel to eat Danny Briere's tongue ala Hannibal Lechter.

Glad you're sticking around. I hear what you're saying and I hope that's how they approach things, but I won't feel "cheated" if they take the Flyers down without Pronger in there. I like this team to win this series either way, but maybe having Pronger out can shave a game off the series and/or take a few less hits off our forwards who will hopefully have 2 more months of games ahead of them.

That has been the secret to most of the playoff success under Ruff. Start on the road and steal a game, two if possible.

The good news here is that we are better on the road this season. Taking 1 in philly I believe is not only possible but probable. The sabres have the defensive skills to lock out the flyers top two lines. Get miller to hold the fort and who knows what could happen in philly

It is apparent that many fans don't believe in this team as much as they will want others to believe.

Apparent how? By suggesting it's a plus if a strong opponent is rendered a little less strong by the absence of a key player?

Perish the thought.

Negative, positive it's all a matter of perspective. Why is suggesting that the Sabres can improve overall by moving Miller considered being "negative." Shouldn't discussing ways to improve the team be considered a "positive?" The only real "negative" about my posts are the responses they get from the same band of posters who never have anything to actually say other than declaring me "negative." When is the last time PTR, Dr. Holiday or Crosschecking actually contributed to the overall hockey discussions other than Shrader-esq attempts at one-liners? The only negative on this board is the fear of actual hockey discussion that seems to be growing.

Why do you think it is that you are almost universally regarded as negative?

The good news here is that we are better on the road this season. Taking 1 in philly I believe is not only possible but probable. The sabres have the defensive skills to lock out the flyers top two lines. Get miller to hold the fort and who knows what could happen in philly

How big would it be if the Sabres take a game in Philly and Miller isn't the star? This team is in the playoffs because of contributions from some surprise sources and I include Stafford in that group. It would go a long way if one of those players stepped up early in the series like Gerbe did against Montreal.

I don't see that at all. I expect Briere to be a 1.5 ppg player during this series. However, I don't see that on it's own being enough to get the Phlyers past the Sabres.

How big would it be if the Sabres take a game in Philly and Miller isn't the star? This team is in the playoffs because of contributions from some surprise sources and I include Stafford in that group. It would go a long way if one of those players stepped up early in the series like Gerbe did against Montreal.

First off this is why I think the sabres can go far in the playoffs this time around. If Gerbe gets no where, we have vanek, then stafford, pommers, ect we have a great deal of players that have scored important goals this year and we are a team. "Why do all star teams fail? Because they rely solely on talent alone."

I don't see that at all. I expect Briere to be a 1.5 ppg player during this series. However, I don't see that on it's own being enough to get the Phlyers past the Sabres.

Our defense has shut down some great opponents and with hard work, we can keep even briere to the outside. I expect the sabres to concentrate on stopping phillys high powered offense in its tracks. It will be a true test of our young stars.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think the Sabres need Miller to be at last year's level to win this series. Look what they've just accomplished since the first of January? Miller was hardly the star during this run.

I believe the Flyers have a big problem, facing a team that has been in "playoff mode" for a couple of months. All of the Philly players and coaches are SAYING the right things, but their March and April performance speaks for itself.

Staff stepping up wouldn't be a surprise in my book.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think the Sabres need Miller to be at last year's level to win this series. Look what they've just accomplished since the first of January? Miller was hardly the star during this run.

I believe the Flyers have a big problem, facing a team that has been in "playoff mode" for a couple of months. All of the Philly players and coaches are SAYING the right things, but their March and April performance speaks for itself.

Staff stepping up wouldn't be a surprise in my book.

IMO, Stafford needs to backup the regular season with a solid playoffs.

First off this is why I think the sabres can go far in the playoffs this time around. If Gerbe gets no where, we have vanek, then stafford, pommers, ect we have a great deal of players that have scored important goals this year and we are a team. "Why do all star teams fail? Because they rely solely on talent alone."

Our defense has shut down some great opponents and with hard work, we can keep even briere to the outside. I expect the sabres to concentrate on stopping phillys high powered offense in its tracks. It will be a true test of our young stars.

Briere has a chip on his shoulder when he plays against the Sabres.

His stats

'10-'11 4gp 3-5-8

'09-'10 2gp 0-1-1

'08-'09 1gp 2-0-2

'07-'08 3gp 0-1-1

Since not being re-signed:

10gp 5-7-12.

Of course they'll keep Briere on the outside - that's where he sets up. If they want to keep him off the board, they will have to stay out of the penalty box.

I fully expect him to have 2-3 goals and 6-7 assists over 6 games. That in itself won't be enough for the Phlyers to win this series.

Briere has a chip on his shoulder when he plays against the Sabres.

His stats

'10-'11 4gp 3-5-8

'09-'10 2gp 0-1-1

'08-'09 1gp 2-0-2

'07-'08 3gp 0-1-1

Since not being re-signed:

10gp 5-7-12.

Of course they'll keep Briere on the outside - that's where he sets up. If they want to keep him off the board, they will have to stay out of the penalty box.

I fully expect him to have 2-3 goals and 6-7 assists over 6 games. That in itself won't be enough for the Phlyers to win this series.

Intriguing... he is a sabre killer. Well I hope your stats add a anomoly of a bunch of goose eggs but To your other point I think they won that last game against philly because they did stay out of the box. If you neutralize phillys pp that will help with whole keeping them to the outsides and not giving up the slot.

SO PUMPED FOR THURSDAY!

Intriguing... he is a sabre killer. Well I hope your stats add a anomoly of a bunch of goose eggs but To your other point I think they won that last game against philly because they did stay out of the box. If you neutralize phillys pp that will help with whole keeping them to the outsides and not giving up the slot.

SO PUMPED FOR THURSDAY!

Strangely, I feel that we would do well to keep THEM out of the box as well :-P. Looking at their shorthanded goals for and our shorthanded goals against bothers me a lot.

This doesnt belong here but I want the mods and admins to see it, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got my name back and am So relieved not to have my buddies email address so thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Ya it was like the twilight zone there for a couple of days.

Strangely, I feel that we would do well to keep THEM out of the box as well :-P. Looking at their shorthanded goals for and our shorthanded goals against bothers me a lot.

And they would do well to "DON"T PAT THE GERBE!" but yea are shg againsts are rediculous. We better clean that up or like Chicago did to Nashville we can learn the hard way what shg due.

Archived