GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

No game this time of year is a gimme. I tend to rate games on who needs it more. The incentive for Tampa (4th place vs 5th, home vs away) simply isn't as great as Buffalo needing to win to stay in the playoffs.

I also think (maybe hope is probably more realistic) that Buffalo's crowd will be in full throat. Get the first goal.

Goals tonight from Sekera, Gaustad, and Pominville.

Any points tonight will be greatly appreciated.

Vanek should have a good night and Myers as well. Gotta clear the garbage out in front of the net to make sure Enroth can make the saves. Play physical and get a forecheck going early, those are the keys. Whoever plays net for Tampa is their weakest link so pressure and put lots of pucks on net, good things will happen. I am hoping for a 4-2 win, a montreal loss and a carolina loss.

Vanek should have a good night and Myers as well. Gotta clear the garbage out in front of the net to make sure Enroth can make the saves. Play physical and get a forecheck going early, those are the keys. Whoever plays net for Tampa is their weakest link so pressure and put lots of pucks on net, good things will happen. I am hoping for a 4-2 win, a montreal loss and a carolina loss.

I really wish that Carolina was playing tonight so we had the chance to clinch...or at least know where we stand when we all go to bed.

Boy I love this time of year. Another playoff style game to look forward to on TV tonight from my favorite team. Doesn't get any better than that unless you count celebrating the victory at the end.

No let downs and thank you Sabres may I have another, two please.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

I really wish that Carolina was playing tonight so we had the chance to clinch...or at least know where we stand when we all go to bed.

We will have a good enough idea about where we will be heading. I prefer not to even worry about the Canes. I want this team to show that they don't need to count on anyone but themselves to seal up their own fate.

To quote Sean Connery "Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

I wanna see these guys be winners.

Go Sabres.

EDIT: and no, I don't mean I want to watch them go home and f*ck the prom queen.

All I can say is I can only Hope we play Boston in the first round...this team is a shread of last years team...i mean the rangers last night litterally did not play for the first 50 minutes of that game, they didn't have a shot on net until 11 minutes into the game...then they were just like Oh let's play now...Thomas turned into moly swiss cheese and Boston fell apart...Seguin is looking almost Bust worthy, he is very streaky and probably could have used some time in the minors...when Paille is a top 9 forward then you know there is trouble...please let us play Boston

NYR's impressive comeback against Tim Thomas and the Bruins yesterday puts the pressure back on us. Really, it puts the pressure on Carolina. But we could easily be looking at a 1 point differential if we're not careful, especially with the Red Wings sliding.

Detroit's record against the East this year is 7-3-2, I guess that is a little in our favor but I understand your thoughts on their recent slide

Mike Smith threw a shutout against Hawks. Rolle doing good too. From the St Peters Times today

"Lightning G Dwayne Roloson has won his past three starts with a 1.33 goals-against average and .960 save percentage. … Tampa Bay has killed 36 of its past 37 road penalties and 11 of 12 overall this season against the Sabres. … The teams have allowed a combined 27 shorthanded goals. The Lightning's 16 are a league worst. … Tampa Bay LW Simon Gagne has four goals and six assists in a six-game points streak."

Well, this is another big one. Win tonight and they're almost certainly in, and maybe even as high as #6 in the EC. Lose in regulation and they could very easily miss the playoffs entirely.

I'd like to see a bit more from Ennis and Boyes tonight, and certainly Vanek's traditional big game vs TB would be welcome as well. On D, I'd like to see a bit more solidity out of Sekera and Butler than I saw over the weekend -- although both were better against Carolina than against Washington.

I'm also curious to see how Enroth does against a high-flying team like TB. This will be the best offense he's played against all year. If he's really good again -- oh boy.

Go Sabres. Give the home fans a good one tonight.

Yeah,

Atlantic division: 3-2-2

Northeast division: 6-0-0 (ouch)

Southeast division: 3-1-0

Even better... as far as "slides" go I guess if you compare it to the rest of their season but Detroit is 5-3-2 in the last 10 pciking up 14 of 20 points which is not exactly terrible...Carolina needs to loose Nuff said

Archived