GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Seriously. They should lose simply for the fact that they are named after the body of water instead of the city. WTF? The city's name is Tampa, not Tampa Bay. And if that's the case, why not have the team nickname be some sort of fierce sea animal instead of some non-pluralisable thing like "Lightning". Don't even get me started about "Bolts" on the third jersey...

Drop the damn puck.

Seriously. They should lose simply for the fact that they are named after the body of water instead of the city. WTF? The city's name is Tampa, not Tampa Bay. And if that's the case, why not have the team nickname be some sort of fierce sea animal instead of some non-pluralisable thing like "Lightning". Don't even get me started about "Bolts" on the third jersey...

Drop the damn puck.

Here here. It's hella lame.

Drop the damn puck.

Umm, you know the Forum is on Tampa Bay right?

Maybe Tampa Bay Scallops?

No game this time of year is a gimme. I tend to rate games on who needs it more. The incentive for Tampa (4th place vs 5th, home vs away) simply isn't as great as Buffalo needing to win to stay in the playoffs.

I also think (maybe hope is probably more realistic) that Buffalo's crowd will be in full throat. Get the first goal.

Goals tonight from Sekera, Gaustad, and Pominville.

Any points tonight will be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully Sekera scores in the Tampa net this time

Mike Smith threw a shutout against Hawks. Rolle doing good too. From the St Peters Times today

"Lightning G Dwayne Roloson has won his past three starts with a 1.33 goals-against average and .960 save percentage. … Tampa Bay has killed 36 of its past 37 road penalties and 11 of 12 overall this season against the Sabres. … The teams have allowed a combined 27 shorthanded goals. The Lightning's 16 are a league worst. … Tampa Bay LW Simon Gagne has four goals and six assists in a six-game points streak."

I am sticking to my guns on this one. Their goalies are hot but I think we can break them. Throw everything at the net and magic will happen. Its my gut instinct here but our team is due for some grade a goal scoring and we saw earlier in the month TB has some issues. Either way I hope montreal loses tonight and then the canes tomorrow. Lets go Buffalo, I want the Stanley cup this year and now!

Let's Go Buf-a-LO 1 minute in!

nice -- i'll make sure to get the chet-and-muffy section (whose line was that from this board?) into the chant.

You're flying in from Alberta for this?

ha!

i've had several "locations" since i joined this board -- moose jaw, kootenay, and now medicine hat. they're all more metaphysical locations than they are physical locations. i'm walking to the arena after work tonight.

Umm, you know the Forum is on Tampa Bay right?

Maybe Tampa Bay Scallops?

Technically, it's on one of the channels of the Hillsborough Bay, which separates the peninsula of South Tampa with the "mainland" to the east, with wonderful places likes Gibsonton, home of the famed Lobster Boy and other retired carnival folk. Old Tampa Bay is between Tampa and St. Petersburg/Celarwater, and Tampa Bay separates St. Pete with the area north of Bradenton. It's all the same body of water, but has distinctive names. It's a touchy subject for the natives who generally can't stand the use of the term Tampa Bay. I used to hear this all the time when I lived there for a few years.

Archived