GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Im glad that the penalty kill prowess of Tampa Bay was mentioned: That also happened Saturday to the Sabres when the PK for Buffalo was praised...and then we subsequently gave up 2 PP goals :wallbash:

Let's hope history repeats itself tonight...

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

anyone want to make a wager that after this season, we will find out that Miller's injury was not indeed a bruise....let's just call it a hunch ;)

I would find it hard to believe that Lindy would have him play if he wasn't 100% (even though Miller would probably say he was ready). If it was anything worse than a bruise we would probably be able to see it quickly when he came back. Especially if every goal was scored over that shoulder.

anyone want to make a wager that after this season, we will find out that Miller's injury was not indeed a bruise....let's just call it a hunch ;)

There might be a hairline fracture there that will fully heal in a 3 week period. If they keep it immobile, they can hold him out until the playoffs and it has a great chance of holding. It's not like he dove on it and had a clean break. If it is hairline though, even if he can play through the pain, you are playing with the devil if he is involved in a collision or scrambling on the ground. Not much you can do.

Although, if Miller wasn't skin and bones, he may have had just enough to cushion the shot. ;) Just sayin.....

I would find it hard to believe that Lindy would have him play if he wasn't 100% (even though Miller would probably say he was ready). If it was anything worse than a bruise we would probably be able to see it quickly when he came back. Especially if every goal was scored over that shoulder.

Who said anything about chest or shoulder.... :unsure:

Seriously? How fat do you need to be to have fat around your collar bone?

Is a 600+lb goalie too much to ask for? A super-sized Miller wouldn't even have to practice. Just roll him onto the Zamboni every period and plop him down in front of the net. He can even take a nap there. If Miller isn't willing to do this, I have to question his dedication to his craft.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/LEOPOLD-DOES-NOT-NEED-SURGERY/6/34978

Go to the bottom of this link if you are not ready for the Playoffs or tonights game and press the play button and enjoy...didn't even know NBC, Versus or the NHL network knew that Buffalo has History

So, apparently, it doesn't matter which team is in the picture, as long as the colors are right ...

post-1053-028368900 1302035095_thumb.jpg

I will miss most of this game with the last of the childbirth classes with my wife. I missed 5 straight Tuesday night games. I hope my kid is born into a world where Buffalo isn't synonymous with losing.

You're having a kid, man. You should've gotten the DVR a long time ago. It's the only way you'll be able to watch stuff in the near future. Getting it now would have primed the wife for always having it.

So, apparently, it doesn't matter which team is in the picture, as long as the colors are right ...

post-1053-028368900 1302035095_thumb.jpg

That is just......brutal.

I will miss most of this game with the last of the childbirth classes with my wife. I missed 5 straight Tuesday night games. I hope my kid is born into a world where Buffalo isn't synonymous with losing.

Dude I know this may not be the right thing to say..but if wifey poo is planning on getting the epi, there is no need for those classes..once that epi goes in, not a whole lot of relevance in the class, ceptin when they tell you the wife may have an accident whist pushing :clapping: Good to be prepared for that :thumbsup:

but, there may be some good luck associated with it. In the 99 run, we were also going to those classes, missed the first two periods of a couple of games, but had them on the VCR(yes before DVR's) and Sabres won each!!last one was opening game vs Leafs..

As a side note, I am still wiped out from the Canes game, hope the boys bounce back quicker than me

NYR's impressive comeback against Tim Thomas and the Bruins yesterday puts the pressure back on us. Really, it puts the pressure on Carolina. But we could easily be looking at a 1 point differential if we're not careful, especially with the Red Wings sliding.

I live in Taxachusetts and gave some big verbal cheapshots to the Bruins fans here for how their team laid down against the Rangers in that game yesterday. Oh, and some real uppercuts about the fast start for the Red Sox!

You're having a kid, man. You should've gotten the DVR a long time ago. It's the only way you'll be able to watch stuff in the near future. Getting it now would have primed the wife for always having it.

Good call - DVR is a must for married sports fans. Speaking of which, I'll be watching on delay, so hopefully I'll be dancing at midnight tonight.

Seems that the Bolts have rounded into playoff form lately and I'm sure Rolie the Goalie will be up for another return trip to Buffalo. I'm going with 4-3 Sabres. Lots of scoring chances especially on the rush and it would be a shootout if not for good goalie play. Let's get a regulation W and then watch the Canes push the Sabres into the playoffs tomorrow night with a loss.

There might be a hairline fracture there that will fully heal in a 3 week period. If they keep it immobile, they can hold him out until the playoffs and it has a great chance of holding. It's not like he dove on it and had a clean break. If it is hairline though, even if he can play through the pain, you are playing with the devil if he is involved in a collision or scrambling on the ground. Not much you can do.

Although, if Miller wasn't skin and bones, he may have had just enough to cushion the shot. ;) Just sayin.....

Seriously? How fat do you need to be to have fat around your collar bone?

Who said anything about chest or shoulder.... :unsure:

Pecs baby....pecs.

I don't get the insinuation here - are you saying he has a broken rib? and pecs would have prevented a fracture that his chest protector didn't? Have you ever seen a goalie's chest protector? They can take 100 mph slap shots to the chest all day long and barely feel it. The only vulnerable area is up around the collar bone/neck area.

I don't get the insinuation here - are you saying he has a broken rib? and pecs would have prevented a fracture that his chest protector didn't? Have you ever seen a goalie's chest protector? They can take 100 mph slap shots to the chest all day long and barely feel it. The only vulnerable area is up around the collar bone/neck area.

I'm trying to imagine what a fat clavicle would look like....but I'm not clicking on anything after what Chz did with ZChara. :D

I have DVR, but I can't resist checking the scores on my phone. Not much point in watching if I know the outcome.

Archived