Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

gerbe is the funniest thing in the world to watch in scrums. it's like he's trying to weigh down other players.

GREAT ending. congrats to the newbie on his first career shutout against a rested, desperate team trying to stay in the playoffs. this teams got balls again, i guess.

WOW, WOW, WOW. Enroth did a great job and yea some rebound control and hes gonna be a good guy. What a hard fought game and a nice desperate fight! Montreal is the team to get and the NYR failed thank GOD!

my 3 stars: 3) Grangani 2) TC, yes I can barely beleive it and 1) of course ENROTH

Last time I remember watching Grags play was in a pre-season game maybe 2 years ago. His play tonight was pretty much lights out if you ask me. He should be fighting for a spot on the roster next year for sure. I'd like him with Myers too.

Way to go Ethron on the shutout. First of many I hope. I'm guessing that's his first.

The team is doing a good job supporting Enroth, and he is doing a good job in return. He's made some great saves tonight. He should have started the last 2 seasons as Miller's backup.

There is no way he would be as good as he is sitting behind Miller and only playing 20 or so games over the past 2 years. The organization has done an excellent job developing him. Having him come up to play and going right back down to continue getting steady work was smart and the GM/Coaches deserve credit.

The game was awesome, Enroth is a stud, and that was the best I've heard our arena sound since last year's playoffs. WOW. :worthy:

So let's discuss.

Clearly the Sabres played more D tonight. They circled the wagon around their goal tender. Enroth made ENORMOUS saves all night long. But did the Sabres enter this game with a NJ Devils mindset? I say they did.

The game was awesome, Enroth is a stud, and that was the best I've heard our arena sound since last year's playoffs. WOW. :worthy:

I'll :beer: to that! Everyone attending the game did a great job the second half of the third!

Not sure who posted it earlier, but someone said the Sabres would need to come out in this one like they did after the Nashville game against the Habs. Very similar games. Gutsy effort all around.

Now, if they could only do something with that overrated, injury faking, stock dropping, never show up Miller, we just might go places.

GO SABRES!!!

So let's discuss.

Clearly the Sabres played more D tonight. They circled the wagon around their goal tender. Enroth made ENORMOUS saves all night long. But did the Sabres enter this game with a NJ Devils mindset? I say they did.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I think they definitely tried to play a more defensive game. One goal definitely proves that. You gotta think this team plays a little more on the edge with Miller in net because they expect him to bail them out sometimes. This year it just hasn't been the case, unfortunately.

So the Swede beat the Swede... wa ha ha! What a strong game and a great effort by Enroth. Hard work wins today and montreal has 4 games left and we still have a game on them. Right now we should be thinking how to put not only the nyr but the canadiens as well btw us and carolina. Great effort. Lets Go BUFFALO!

Not sure who posted it earlier, but someone said the Sabres would need to come out in this one like they did after the Nashville game against the Habs. Very similar games. Gutsy effort all around.

Now, if they could only do something with that overrated, injury faking, stock dropping, never show up Miller, we just might go places.

GO SABRES!!!

Chez nailed it....er got it right. Sorry to get you going PA :blush:

Awesome win, great defensive play! Congrats Enroth, on your first NHL shutout - Go SABRES!!!

By sitting for as long as he did, and playing as well as he tonight, he has proved he can be a dependable backup and provide Miller with some rest when he needs it. Huge, just Huge win (where is Billy Fuccillo when you need him?) Enroth, Ellis, and Gragnani all played well and demonstrated that the team does in fact have some depth.

Archived