Sabres rumors

Oakstream

I think the dark horse for a center is Colorado, probably not Stastny, but they have a clutter of Centers including picking one up in their deal with St. Louis, Jay McClement.

I'm hoping a player like Ryan O'Reilly can be had for the right deal. Just a thought.

Also, Weiss would be a decent landing with a fantastic contract (thank you Weave for that Cap Geek site).

Doesn't sound like Darcy will get a defenceman:

"To the extent that we need help on the back end, unless it's on a longer-term basis and that's not available right now, we look to bringing someone up from the minors," Regier said. "[Marc-Andre] Gragnani has played very well there, and some of the other kids have played well, so I think to the extent we'll need help that's where it'll come from."

From buffalonews.

Brad Richards will only waive his NTC for 1 team, NYR. Its on Hockeycrap but Dredger reported it originally so probably is somewhat true. Also Weiss will only waive for toronto according to sportsnet. Looks like the Center market dried up quick... I figure in another hour or so stuff will start to happen

And Spector posted this last night:

There’s “some discussion” the Panthers could try to package Stephen Weiss and David Booth. Weiss has a “no-movement” clause but would likely waive it. Garrioch suggests that option might be attractive to the Sabres….

Weiss and Booth? Sounds interesting to me.

How is it determined for playoff teams? Everything I read claims it's done by where they finish in the playoffs. However, last year Boston beat Buffalo in the 1st round of the playoffs, Boston picked 15th & Buffalo 23rd.

I mentioned the playoffs because the 16 playoff teams automatically get the last 16 slots. So if Buffalo makes the playoffs, they immediately get bumped behind all those western conference teams that miss out and still have more points than them.

I mentioned the playoffs because the 16 playoff teams automatically get the last 16 slots. So if Buffalo makes the playoffs, they immediately get bumped behind all those western conference teams that miss out and still have more points than them.

Thanks, last year gave me the false impression that the entire league went by regular season record, and I could find nothing to explain it. So the playoff teams get the final 16 and they are ordered by reg season record?

Thanks, last year gave me the false impression that the entire league went by regular season record, and I could find nothing to explain it. So the playoff teams get the final 16 and they are ordered by reg season record?

If I remember correctly, the conference finalists get the last 4 picks.

This really should go without saying but Eklund is full of ######.

My son tells me take whatever this guy eckland says and pretty much the opposite happens. He also pointed me to this guys website and says he runs it just to make money.

Interesting website, but I guess this guy pedals hockey lies to make money? That's actually sad.

Via a insider for WFAN in NYC, the Sabres (and Red Wings) are after Blake Comeau. These two teams could also be after Josh Bailey if they lose out on Comeau and price is right, but Isles are shopping both.

He'd be a solid edition if the "price is right"

Nice blend of size and skating - any line kind of guy.

I think Ruff would love working with Comeau.

My son tells me take whatever this guy eckland says and pretty much the opposite happens. He also pointed me to this guys website and says he runs it just to make money.

Interesting website, but I guess this guy pedals hockey lies to make money? That's actually sad.

The guy has a good game going on. He knows what teams fans frequent his site and makes up stuff to keep them coming back. He then latches on to reports of others to give him a sliver of credibility.

He's really just a schmuck from Philly.

A few years ago I believe Sportsnet in Canada had Eklund on their show to work the deadline day. His identity was hidden. It was a train wreck having him on there. Looks like the networks have gone away from the "rumour" guys as it just adds nothing to the broadcast.

A few years ago I believe Sportsnet in Canada had Eklund on their show to work the deadline day. His identity was hidden. It was a train wreck having him on there. Looks like the networks have gone away from the "rumour" guys as it just adds nothing to the broadcast.

Things really seem very different this year. With all of the reputable writers and reporters being all over twitter now, it really seems to have cut back on the hack rumor sites. Either that or the average internet user is finally getting smarter and not regurgitating those "rumors" constantly.

This has probably been posted already, but if not.....

John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports here that the Buffalo Sabres are not planning to move forward Tim Connolly at the trade deadline. Vogl said at least one team called the Sabres about the center but was turned away.

On Saturday, Sabres GM Darcy Regier spoke with WGR's Pat Malacaro, saying: "we've continued to take the approach if we're going to do anything it will be on the 'buy' side...not solely for now until the end of the season but for next season."

Archived