Sabres rumors

Oakstream

The Fourth Period claims that Stasny will not be traded: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/col110227.html

Seems like our best bet for a top-line center may be Richards, but given the price I expect another "Darcy deal" to happen tomorrow (i.e. mid-level player who doesn't make much of an impact). Hope I'm wrong!

Kesler is the guy we need but no we can not get him. He took less money to stay in vancouver last year so he wants to play with the sedins there. Players we could actually get that might help, Foligno or Dubinsky or a similar type person. However thats a temporary fix for a problem that requires a top notch guy. Idk or think we will honestly get anyone remotely close to a decent center. Nope I beleive we will keep Tim "dont hit me" connolly who will cough up pucks faster than a hooker with lung cancer, chain smokin her way through her 3rd carton of cigarettes.

I have visions of Pegula sitting in a war room with Darcy, remembering how he used to watch all those matchups against the Bruins simultaneously dreading and admiring #8 in black/gold.

How's this for a completely vague, "if I were a billionaire" wish: I want anything that's 25 years old or younger, with at least a year left on his contract, that's got that new Cam Neely-ish smell. :-)

I want teams looking at our roster and cringing and dying a little on the inside when they think about having to go into corner against those guys.

Pretty sure Terry is back in Florida. Ted Black, Ken Sawyer, Darcy and Ruff will be in the war room. Pegula is a die hard fan but his opinions on hockey stuff won't be relevant when it comes to making deals. The four guys have the green light to improve the team at any cost, thats as far as Pegula's imput will go tomorrow.

Pretty sure Terry is back in Florida. Ted Black, Ken Sawyer, Darcy and Ruff will be in the war room. Pegula is a die hard fan but his opinions on hockey stuff won't be relevant when it comes to making deals. The four guys have the green light to improve the team at any cost, thats as far as Pegula's imput will go tomorrow.

This sounds right.

Here is how tomorrow is going to go. Darcy will wait and wait and wait. Then right before the deadline he will trade something crappy for something else crappy. The He will hold a press conference and say "well its hard to deal and the prices were to high and there just werent any really good players available but I think we have done well" Heres my response 24hours ahead of schedule "go :censored: yourself"

Latest from hockeycrap. Sabres in on MJ Liles (e3).

This Liles to Buffalo stuff is going to get old quick. Kinda like the Kaberle trade that was spose to happen for the past 5 years or whatever.

A yahoo writer picked up on it as well. Don't know how good this guy is, but he's saying JML will waive his movement clause to come to Buffalo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=nc-nhltradedeadlinequestions022711

Latest from hockeycrap. Sabres in on MJ Liles (e3).

This Liles to Buffalo stuff is going to get old quick. Kinda like the Kaberle trade that was spose to happen for the past 5 years or whatever.

It is hard to get excited about a 5'10 180 lb. defenseman who rarely hits anyone. He would certainly help the power play, but I question whether the team really needs more undersized players at this point.

It is hard to get excited about a 5'10 180 lb. defenseman who rarely hits anyone. He would certainly help the power play, but I question whether the team really needs more undersized players at this point.

Darcy's favorite type of player...soft and undersized. Pegula won't change that one bit.

Kesler is the guy we need but no we can not get him. He took less money to stay in vancouver last year so he wants to play with the sedins there. Players we could actually get that might help, Foligno or Dubinsky or a similar type person. However thats a temporary fix for a problem that requires a top notch guy. Idk or think we will honestly get anyone remotely close to a decent center. Nope I beleive we will keep Tim "dont hit me" connolly who will cough up pucks faster than a hooker with lung cancer, chain smokin her way through her 3rd carton of cigarettes.

Ok, no chance we have him two months from now. He won't be resigned.

False...Liles is not European. Darcy likes soft undersized Europeans....he is making progress.

I thought Darcy was beat up around here for not drafting Euros?

Ok, no chance we have him two months from now. He won't be resigned.

In what appears to be a weak free agent market, I wonder if they bring him back if the price is right. By right I mean $2.5 mill or less.

I thought Darcy was beat up around here for not drafting Euros?

In what appears to be a weak free agent market, I wonder if they bring him back if the price is right. By right I mean $2.5 mill or less.

I wouldnt bring connolly back for sh*t flavored cupcake. :censored:

509games, 68goals, 202a, 270pts, -13, 212pm are J.M. Liles career stats and hes only ever played 1 full season seems to get injured and honestly not that amazing. Rather get Mark Streit for 100k less but w/e Im not the guy making the decisions. This is a trade rumor that I am 50/50 on. Sounds good but not sure if it addresses our pp issue. :wallbash:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Foligno

The Sens are jetting vets outta Ottawa faster than Frank & Theresa can serve suicidal Buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar. I\'m hearing that Buffalo are interested in the versatility of winger/centre Nick Foligno to upgrade their forward ranks. Getting Foligno would afford Buffalo flexibility to move Hecht.

Sabres in on JM Liles(e3)

The Sabres are going to be intriguing over the next 20 hours. More to come.

Source: Eklund

The Foligno rumor was written earlier, however the Hecht part of it is new and interesting.

509games, 68goals, 202a, 270pts, -13, 212pm are J.M. Liles career stats and hes only ever played 1 full season seems to get injured and honestly not that amazing. Rather get Mark Streit for 100k less but w/e Im not the guy making the decisions. This is a trade rumor that I am 50/50 on. Sounds good but not sure if it addresses our pp issue.

His first 5 years in the league he had seasons of 79, 82, 71, 81, & 75 games, not sure I'd beat up on him for only playing 1 "full" season. Most don't make it for all 82.

i dont really care for JML at all. we already have a logjam at defense and none of them (even JML) are significantly better than the others. all i want is a forward, or two.

Wouldn't mind getting Liles and shipping out Montador for a pick though. Perhaps ends in a wash with a better Dman signed beyond just this year. Or could allow them to make Butler or Sekera available. Liles is more offensively skilled than any of the Sabres current Dmen.

Ya I read the hecht thing yesterday, I honestly can not come up with a good reason to get Liles. Kinda like trading McCarthur for Torres absolutely worthless. Welll lets get some more defensmen we could use at least 8 more and hell lets trade some forwards to add depth to the d. Darcy you suck! :wallbash:

Archived