Sabres rumors

Oakstream

Does anyone know anything about Comeau? What type of game he plays?

Wouldn't mind getting Bailey but he may need some time in the AHL to get things straightened out.

The Islanders have a number of young players that I wouldn't mind having, and Comeau (pronounced Como, like the park) and Bailey are two of them. Moulson has also made a big name for himself.

I saw this as well, didn't say anything because it seemed so far out there. But Vancouver has been needing a 4th line center for awhile and Hodgson has not been a fit for them in that role. He is also running into a logjam at center in their organization.

Then again he has had back problems and perceived attitude issues. I'd feel better if we kept our 1st and gave Pysyk & Niedermayer, but it's a risk that could payoff.

Hey...you get to keep Tim Connolly for 25% the salary!

Hey...you get to keep Tim Connolly for 25% the salary!

And speaking of Connolly, that WFAN guy said Kings are very close to a major deal. He said it's either Hemskey or Connolly. Not sure yet. Like hour later though, he tweeted that his source tells him it's Hemskey. Still, if Hemskey to Kings does happen, i think atleast we will know we were shopping Connolly.

Not that I don't think it isn't true but that's kinda steep for me for a kid that has only played 7 NHL games.

The first round pick. Not Niedermayer.

Mmmm, not really. Think of it as trading our 2011 first round pick for their 2008 first round pick, and throwing in Niedermayer (who is useless and leaving after this season anyway).

I like it. It gets us younger and rebuilt faster. Plus, we need centers.

Mmmm, not really. Think of it as trading our 2011 first round pick for their 2008 first round pick, and throwing in Niedermayer (who is useless and leaving after this season anyway).

I like it. It gets us younger and rebuilt faster. Plus, we need centers.

I get your point and in the long run it does make sense. Figuring we are drafting mid-range we wont be grabbing a 1st rounder that will be start right away.

If they make it into the playoffs, that spot changes significantly.

How is it determined for playoff teams? Everything I read claims it's done by where they finish in the playoffs. However, last year Boston beat Buffalo in the 1st round of the playoffs, Boston picked 15th & Buffalo 23rd.

Not familiar with this site ... anymore credible than hockeybuzz? I would love to see Likes here

Spector is pretty good. I don't know whether he actually has sources for his own trade rumors but he usually takes what he reads/sees/hears elsewhere and passes it along, then adds some analysis on how realistic the rumor is.

THE GLOBE & MAIL: Eric Duhatschek believes Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky could be a good fit with the Washington Capitals, as their offense has been struggling at times this season, wondering if the Caps might be willing to part with one of their two young goalies to make it happen.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I have to disagree with Duhatschek on this one. The Capitals are in need of an experienced second-line center plus perhaps another experienced defenseman, not another scoring winger. Capitals GM George McPhee has already said he’s not moving his goalies.

Ya Spector is better as far as what ppl are actually looking for but Interesting to note that Washington wants a center and connolly could fit that description. I have lost hope in Darcy doing anything so :wallbash:

THE GLOBE & MAIL: Eric Duhatschek believes Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky could be a good fit with the Washington Capitals, as their offense has been struggling at times this season, wondering if the Caps might be willing to part with one of their two young goalies to make it happen.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I have to disagree with Duhatschek on this one. The Capitals are in need of an experienced second-line center plus perhaps another experienced defenseman, not another scoring winger. Capitals GM George McPhee has already said he’s not moving his goalies.

Ya Spector is better as far as what ppl are actually looking for but Interesting to note that Washington wants a center and connolly could fit that description. I have lost hope in Darcy doing anything so :wallbash:

I like Spector's stuff, because he does a real good job getting rumors and such. He used to find rumors, now he just reports on what he reads and breaks them down. However, the one thing i hate most about deadline day is how media just believes everything they hear. Not saying Caps will trade a goalie, but, to believe that comment is ridic. It's all a poker's face mentality when it comes to deadline day and always has been. If Caps are offered a star for a lower prospect and a goalie, their doing it. Two years ago. Sutter (Flames GM) two or three days prior to d-day said his team is set and "absolutely" will not make any moves. They added Jordan Leopold in 1 deal and Olli Jokinen in another. They were considered massive winners of that deadline day.

Don't believe what GMs are saying because in many cases they are just rising values in players.

From an "insider" at WFAN in NYC, one of the best breaking news guys there is, not just NHL but NFL too.

Sounds good.

Figured Regier would wait until the last home game before going on the road. The deadline timing and the end of the home game stand fits.

Place your bets now folks.

It's 2 to 1 odds it's a 4th liner

4 to 1 its a 3rd liner

25 to 1 its a 2nd liner

and the calculators couldn't go that high for the 1st line center gig :thumbsup:

Archived