Sabres rumors

Oakstream

Well the trade deadline is only a few days away so I thought it would be nice to read some Buffalo rumors.

This is from spectorshockey: http://spectorshockey.net/2011/02/nhl-rumors-wednesday-february-23-2011/

"They’ll also likely trade defenseman John-Michael Liles. Buffalo and Toronto are reportedly interested and supposedly on his list of preferred destinations…"

Post yours! :)

Not familiar with this site ... anymore credible than hockeybuzz? I would love to see Likes here

Well keep in mind that this is an open forum. Basically filled with fans. All the information we post, we obtain from other sources, so it's hard to say whether or not it's more "credible" than another site.

Liles***

Inquiring minds want to know....

How many trade deadlines in a row has it been, where Liles has been rumored to Buffalo because he is BFF with Millsie. :lol:

He's been rumored to a lot of places over those years. But just for the sake of argument, how many years in a row was Kaberle rumored to go the Bruins? I don't think it was ever in the works or will happen this year, but I figured I'd mention that one.

Foligno

The Sens are jetting vets outta Ottawa faster than Frank & Theresa can serve suicidal Buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar. I\'m hearing that Buffalo are interested in the versatility of winger/centre Nick Foligno to upgrade their forward ranks. Getting Foligno would afford Buffalo flexibility to move Hecht.

Source: Garth

PEGULAVILLE

The Sabres are looking for a playmaking pivot, one who can contribute five on five, and on PP, PK. Must have term left on deal. Scouts o'plenty watching Tim Connolly in recent weeks. Teams to watch: PIT, DAL, STL, CBUS, COL, WASH, LA, & MIN.

Source: GARTH

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Foligno

The Sens are jetting vets outta Ottawa faster than Frank & Theresa can serve suicidal Buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar. I\'m hearing that Buffalo are interested in the versatility of winger/centre Nick Foligno to upgrade their forward ranks. Getting Foligno would afford Buffalo flexibility to move Hecht.

PEGULAVILLE

The Sabres are looking for a playmaking pivot, one who can contribute five on five, and on PP, PK. Must have term left on deal. Scouts o'plenty watching Tim Connolly in recent weeks. Teams to watch: PIT, DAL, STL, CBUS, COL, WASH, LA, & MIN.

Pegulaville. :lol:

Foligno

PEGULAVILLE

I think that's the first time Buffalo was listed twice on hockeybuzz within the same weekend of the trade deadline. Maybe there is something to these rumors.

Or I'm just hopelessly optimistic about something good happening for once. Silly rabbit.

Foligno

PEGULAVILLE

Is GARTH a hockey magazine or another writer from another city? And is he a good source for information on the team?

Sorry for asking but my son isn't here to let me know this stuff.

Is GARTH a hockey magazine or another writer from another city? And is he a good source for information on the team?

he "covers" the Sabres for hockey buzz ... he does seem to have a credential as he posted video from the locker room after the other night's game ... but then he doesn't use his full name so ... basically he has some access but we have no idea if he has any real sources ... seems to me to be a fan who found an "in" but has never broken any real news so ... I am not getting excited even though those things both sound good to me.

he "covers" the Sabres for hockey buzz ... he does seem to have a credential as he posted video from the locker room after the other night's game ... but then he doesn't use his full name so ... basically he has some access but we have no idea if he has any real sources ... seems to me to be a fan who found an "in" but has never broken any real news so ... I am not getting excited even though those things both sound good to me.

Thanks man, the only ones I get to read are Vogl and Gleason from the Buffalo News, and sometimes I hear Paul Hamilton on WGR.

I don't think he's all that reliable. On another board someone claimed to know who he was, that he was a high school baseball coach who's claim to fame was being buddy's with Jay McKee or something along those lines. Regardless, this time of year is fun so I chose to post it.

People beat up on Eklund alot, but as he says he's reporting the rumors or talks of trade, not so much actual trades. So as long as you're able to understand what you are looking at when you go to his site it can be fun, or a waste of time, depending on your outlook.

Foligno

PEGULAVILLE

Fans have been throwing his name around for a bit now. If the team were to ever consider Foligno, I would hope it's because of his actual play and not just his last name. I can't shake the feeling that this is all the fans notice.

Thanks man, the only ones I get to read are Vogl and Gleason from the Buffalo News, and sometimes I hear Paul Hamilton on WGR.

If you want credibility, you should not stray much beyond TSN.

Fans have been throwing his name around for a bit now. If the team were to ever consider Foligno, I would hope it's because of his actual play and not just his last name. I can't shake the feeling that this is all the fans notice.

If you want credibility, you should not stray much beyond TSN.

Or you could aways try to see if the "tweetie birds" know anything.

Another rumor i heard on twitter from some guy who is gaining attention because he's been right 3 times this month on deals before media has, is Rob Niedermayer and first round pick for Cody Hodgson. He said this on the day Pitt got Neal, and today Vancouver Sun speculates that Hodgson could be dealt. So maybe there is truth to it?

Via a insider for WFAN in NYC, the Sabres (and Red Wings) are after Blake Comeau. These two teams could also be after Josh Bailey if they lose out on Comeau and price is right, but Isles are shopping both.

Does anyone know anything about Comeau? What type of game he plays?

Wouldn't mind getting Bailey but he may need some time in the AHL to get things straightened out.

Another rumor i heard on twitter from some guy who is gaining attention because he's been right 3 times this month on deals before media has, is Rob Niedermayer and first round pick for Cody Hodgson. He said this on the day Pitt got Neal, and today Vancouver Sun speculates that Hodgson could be dealt. So maybe there is truth to it?

Not that I don't think it isn't true but that's kinda steep for me for a kid that has only played 7 NHL games.

The first round pick. Not Niedermayer.

I saw this as well, didn't say anything because it seemed so far out there. But Vancouver has been needing a 4th line center for awhile and Hodgson has not been a fit for them in that role. He is also running into a logjam at center in their organization.

Then again he has had back problems and perceived attitude issues. I'd feel better if we kept our 1st and gave Pysyk & Niedermayer, but it's a risk that could payoff.

Archived