Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

A must win game!! :blink:

But of course, until they are cracking the top 8 they all should be.

There is also that little matter of leaving me feeling like a bear with a sore arse for 9 days before they play again with a chance for redemption.

Let's go Buf'a'lo make it so.

This seems like a real litmus test. A loss, or even a grudging win, would bolster the cynics. But a big win might change some minds. It is Ottawa, after all.

Indeed. I want to see if they come out determined, or whether the play is in the Sabres' end for the first 4 minutes, leading to Montador taking a penalty, Ottawa scoring and the Sabres delivering another terrible first period against a lousy opponent.

I'd also really like to see Myers have a strong game, giving him some confidence going into the break.

This seems like a real litmus test. A loss, or even a grudging win, would bolster the cynics. But a big win might change some minds. It is Ottawa, after all.

I wonder at this point how many people are like me and have completely ignored any of the playoff possibilities. If I actually watch a game (been busy with stuff for the last few), I'm just looking for entertainment and the W.

I wonder at this point how many people are like me and have completely ignored any of the playoff possibilities. If I actually watch a game (been busy with stuff for the last few), I'm just looking for entertainment and the W.

QFT. Thats basically been my approach as well even though I am aware of it and mentioned in my original GDT post.

Are Byron & Ellis going to be in the lineup? Last game was a bit of a blur, is like to see what Byron is like.

Yes. With Connolly and Kaleta out there's room.

from Vogl:

Thomas Vanek-Jochen Hecht-Jason Pominville

Paul Byron-Tyler Ennis-Stafford

Nathan Gerbe-Paul Gaustad-Cody McCormick

Rob Niedermayer-Matt Ellis-Mike Grier

Sabres win tonight. The Sens are a mess.

One of the problems with this Sabres team though is that they think the same way, and that they can just show up and these allegedly inferior teams will just roll over for them. Then, what actually happens is that these opponents come out hard, because they don't like losing and they think they have a pretty good chance at beating the Sabres, since the Sabres aren't that good. The Sabres are then knocked back on their heels, play a terrible first period, give up a lead, lose the game, fall back in the standings and drive all of us crazy.

One indicator of whether the Sabres come out determined is whether someone mixes it up with Chris Neil in the first period, since Neil will almost certainly come out swinging.

I keep watching no matter what in hopes that they can clinch a playoff position before we have to start listening to how it's still "mathematically possible" for them to make it. Go Sabres!

but didn't the Sens declare their season a wash, and say that they wanted a top 5 pick too? coming out hard and trying to win does not help achieve their aim.

i'm actually excited about that second line.. there's some serious skill there if only they can work together and battle to get the puck

One of the problems with this Sabres team though is that they think the same way, and that they can just show up and these allegedly inferior teams will just roll over for them. Then, what actually happens is that these opponents come out hard, because they don't like losing and they think they have a pretty good chance at beating the Sabres, since the Sabres aren't that good. The Sabres are then knocked back on their heels, play a terrible first period, give up a lead, lose the game, fall back in the standings and drive all of us crazy.

One indicator of whether the Sabres come out determined is whether someone mixes it up with Chris Neil in the first period, since Neil will almost certainly come out swinging.

Other than those Islander games, it really seems like they've moved away from that problem this year. They're beating the underlings but struggling with the teams ahead of them.

Other than those Islander games, it really seems like they've moved away from that problem this year. They're beating the underlings but struggling with the teams ahead of them.

we simply couldn't beat the Panthers, and the Isles either in the first two games.

not too many underlings with where we stand.

It'll be interesting to see how the Sens play. The owner has already written off the year and publicly said so. I can't see the players reacting positively to that pronouncement. And they do seem to have alot of players that are prone to giving up and folding. They know the season is lost. I just hope noone on the Sens does something stupid to a Sabre out of frustration (looking at you Neil and Ruuttu).

A win is certainly necessary, but I don't think beating the Senators at this point is very telling in any way.

Archived