GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

The only problem with the Roy Vanek Ennis line is that they are our CLEAR CUT three best forwards on the team without question. I absolutely love the line together but that leaves awfully slim pickins to fill out the remaining three lines. I agree with a previous poster, I say we keep the line together and try to play them as much as possible.

Wow, Vanek. Even the play he made on the game winner was awesome. I don't know if he got the assist on it because he didn't touch the puck but, he should have. The Canucks Dman had position and Vanek actually stuck his stick between the defenders legs to clip his stick, creating that bad pass that Myers could pick up. Great game.

The only problem with the Roy Vanek Ennis line is that they are our CLEAR CUT three best forwards on the team without question. I absolutely love the line together but that leaves awfully slim pickins to fill out the remaining three lines. I agree with a previous poster, I say we keep the line together and try to play them as much as possible.

Yep, the second line of 29-55-19 is pathetic. I think I laughed for an entire period at this sign: Pominville Population-1.

Well, it was the perfect script for me. My Sabres got the two points, the Canucks got one, I'm thrilled. And so happy to see Myers get the winner. He's got balls, I tell ya. If he misses that clearance it's a two on one the other way with 20 secs to go.

Great win, although their start was poor. Lucky to score on their first shot.

Connolly was flat out robbed in the 2nd period late.

Good to see our expansion cousins in town.

So glad they finally went to the 2 game format between east and west.

At least we get to see the Sedins here once a year. (don't need to see Luongo though :lol:)

Maybe drop Connolly to the third or fourth line and promote Niedermeyer two number two and bring up Luke Adam again. Do not under any circumstances bring Stafford back unless he is going to play the fourth line with Connolly. Other than that stupid Penalty by Hecht, I thought he was the only one hustling on that line.

The Population of Pominville with a one was named Jocken... cause both Pommer and Connolly were on vacation.

P.S. Anyone know that status of Kaleta?

Maybe drop Connolly to the third or fourth line and promote Niedermeyer two number two and bring up Luke Adam again. Do not under any circumstances bring Stafford back unless he is going to play the fourth line with Connolly. Other than that stupid Penalty by Hecht, I thought he was the only one hustling on that line.

The Population of Pominville with a one was name Jocken... cause both Pommer and Connolly were on vacation.

Pommer: 10 games, 1G, 1A, -7, $5.3MM Hecht: 19 games, 1G, 3A, -4, $3.525MM

TC: 19 games, 4G, 6A, -7, $4.5MM

I'll say it again: Pommer's contract is the worst mistake Darcy's ever made (if you assume that Black Sunday wasn't his doing).

Wow, Vanek. Even the play he made on the game winner was awesome. I don't know if he got the assist on it because he didn't touch the puck but, he should have. The Canucks Dman had position and Vanek actually stuck his stick between the defenders legs to clip his stick, creating that bad pass that Myers could pick up. Great game.

Good description!

Pommer: 10 games, 1G, 1A, -7, $5.3MM Hecht: 19 games, 1G, 3A, -4, $3.525MM

TC: 19 games, 4G, 6A, -7, $4.5MM

I'll say it again: Pommer's contract is the worst mistake Darcy's ever made (if you assume that Black Sunday wasn't his doing).

PK, with and without Pominville, is a pretty huge statement of his value. Relax, it's not your money.

The Population of Pominville with a one was named Jocken... cause both Pommer and Connolly were on vacation.

P.S. Anyone know that status of Kaleta?

This really needs to happen. I know Lindy is letting Myers play through his slump but that should not be the case with the living blow up doll - he needs to be demoted today

PK, with and without Pominville, is a pretty huge statement of his value. Relax, it's not your money.

Obtuse. Must you continue to pretend that $5.3MM spent on Pommer has no effect on spending that as a result cannot occur elsewhere?

My criticism of Pommer isn't related to his PK skills (which weren't terribly apparent last night, btw). A good PK'er is a low-cost NHL player. A $5.3MM player should get you in the neighborhood of 30-50-80 (i.e. what Pommer produced once in his career -- coincidentally in his contract year) and should not be invisible in the playoffs.

I dumped on Vanek pretty hard but it's nice to see him playing great. I suppose having a wife with twins on the way can be pretty distracting. Lol, playing with Stafford couldn't have been too nice either. The way he plays four on four makes me wonder if we should try and createore situations like that during the game.

I just read through this whole thread and I'm really regretting that I was out getting crippled in a beer league game instead of watching this game. From reading his posts, I'd swear that PA is suddenly 50 years younger. Thank god for brand new HD tvs and entertaining hockey games.

A $5.3MM player should get you in the neighborhood of 30-50-80 (i.e. what Pommer produced once in his career -- coincidentally in his contract year) and should not be invisible in the playoffs.

A consistent 30-50-80 player, especially one that is also strong defensively, will cost you more than $5.3 million in today's NHL. 25-45-70 is probably more like it. For reference, one player per team, on average, scored 70 points or more last year.

A consistent 30-50-80 player, especially one that is also strong defensively, will cost you more than $5.3 million in today's NHL. 25-45-70 is probably more like it. For reference, one player per team, on average, scored 70 points or more last year.

OK, I'll go along with this. He's still only hit 70 pts once in his career. More importantly, a $5.3MM guy needs to show up and produce at that rate (or at least in the ballpark) in the playoffs, and Pommer did just the opposite.

OK, I'll go along with this. He's still only hit 70 pts once in his career. More importantly, a $5.3MM guy needs to show up and produce at that rate (or at least in the ballpark) in the playoffs, and Pommer did just the opposite.

I'd give him the 34-34-68 year, too, but your point is taken.

Good to see our expansion cousins in town.

So glad they finally went to the 2 game format between east and west.

At least we get to see the Sedins here once a year. (don't need to see Luongo though :lol:)

They only play the Canucks once this year. I was still under the impression it's one game home and then one game on the road the following year, and so on.

They only play the Canucks once this year. I was still under the impression it's one game home and then one game on the road the following year, and so on.

The schedule's setup so that you play the teams from the opposing conference once a year. That one game alternates like you suggested. There are also 3 extra games scheduled against teams from the west (one at home, one on the road). That's why we played Chicago twice already. The other teams out west that we see twice this year are Columbus and San Jose.

15 x 1gm for WC

10 x 4gm for EC/non-NE

4 x 6gm for NE

=79 games

So, we get three WC teams twice. Last year, if I remember, included Detroit and Chicago (can't remember the third; maybe the Ducks?)