GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

Still baby steppin, need to keep these toddlers moving forward.

Come on Bflo repeat the mantra after me One shift, one period, one game at a time

Oh and best of wishes to Ms. Vanek on a healthy and successful delivery of her twins and please let TV come out and play tonight.

Go Bflo.

Oh and best of wishes to Ms. Vanek on a healthy and successful delivery of her twins and please let TV come out and play tonight.

Go Bflo.

another pair of goals from Vanek if he plays would be most welcome. i'll even settle for non-highlight reel goals!

Schneider in goal, the game after we got off the schneid with the first home win

Go Sabres!

another pair of goals from Vanek if he plays would be most welcome. i'll even settle for non-highlight reel goals!

Schneider in goal, the game after we got off the schneid with the first home win

Go Sabres!

Another backup? How many does that make this season? It's uncanny.

Another backup? How many does that make this season? It's uncanny.

Teams play their backups against ###### teams.

On a side note, i will be attending my second game this year tonight. Flukey that I'm going to more than one a season. Of course, both times are free through work.

Cory Schneider is 3-0 in his 3 starts, letting in 1 goal in each game

He has started 3 games and relieved in one. His stat line is impressive.

His first start, Colorado scored with 3:08 left in the third. 3-1 Canucks.

His second start, Minnesota scored with 2:35 left in the third. 5-1 Canucks.

His third start, he made 32 saves in a 5-1 win against Carolina.

He's 3-0-0 with a 0.90 goals against and a .969 save %

I am hoping for the usual when my two teams play. A Sabres OT win so both teams pot points.

But I have the feeling tonight could be a long night for the Canucks. Just a feeling I get.

Sabres will probably be all high on themselves after beating the Caps at home, and therefore mail this one in. It's just what they do.

Hope I'm wrong.

This has an unfortunate ring of truth. If the first 3 minutes of the game are spent in the Sabres' zone, leading to the Sabres taking a penalty and then a Vancouver PPG, we'll know.

MORE TO CRAIG RIVET RETIREMENT RUMOR???? Just a thought here guys, don't take it for an actual rumor. I didn't even see the report about the Sabres asking Rivet to retire (on hockeybuzz or otherwise), but what if there's more to it than we think? I think the organization is ready to move on from Rivet probably both as Captain and as a member of their team in general. But pro sports organizations do generally operate with class, and they probably don't want to disrespect a veteran of the game who (it may not be true, but..) they will credit with being a leader for this team through some tough years, some highs and lows etc. My point is they don't want to strip him of captaincy and would rather he retire if he's ready. Rivet thinks he has a few years left and asked for a trade and is being shopped. Derek Roy debuts the "C" tonight.

MORE TO CRAIG RIVET RETIREMENT RUMOR???? Just a thought here guys, don't take it for an actual rumor. I didn't even see the report about the Sabres asking Rivet to retire (on hockeybuzz or otherwise), but what if there's more to it than we think? I think the organization is ready to move on from Rivet probably both as Captain and as a member of their team in general. But pro sports organizations do generally operate with class, and they probably don't want to disrespect a veteran of the game who (it may not be true, but..) they will credit with being a leader for this team through some tough years, some highs and lows etc. My point is they don't want to strip him of captaincy and would rather he retire if he's ready. Rivet thinks he has a few years left and asked for a trade and is being shopped. Derek Roy debuts the "C" tonight.

I have not seen the rumor reported either on ESPN or on Ek's site. Are the two bolded sentences things that you know from contacts in the organization, or are they your hunches/hopes? (Not going to criticize if these are hunches; I just cannot tell from the way it's written.)

I have not seen the rumor reported either on ESPN or on Ek's site. Are the two bolded sentences things that you know from contacts in the organization, or are they your hunches/hopes? (Not going to criticize if these are hunches; I just cannot tell from the way it's written.)

Strictly hunches and hopes. So I can say TheSportsBuff reported it first... LOL ... (no i did not really write a blog on this)

I think they win tonight and lay a HUGE egg in Washington on Wednesday....

Please no, I'll be at that one! (I think you are right though)

I don't know how much it will be an "egg" as much as it will be the Caps are very good and they will be pissed and seeking revenge.

Please no, I'll be at that one! (I think you are right though)

I don't know how much it will be an "egg" as much as it will be the Caps are very good and they will be pissed and seeking revenge.

lol yeah. That was the most ridic comment i've read in a long time, unless they lose like 8-1. Caps are the best team in the league, arguably have the best player in the league, are 9-1-0 at home this season and are coming off a loss to Buffalo just few days ago....