GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

Was anyone else hoping Vanek would never have to leave the ice? That overtime period was some of the best individual efforts I've seen from this team in a long time.

It was a great effort, but it's only the best individual effort I've seen from Vanek since Saturday.

Vanek's play completely changes the dynamic of the team. His recent play has not been just great it's been dominate. As much I was not a big fan of Briere I will say Vanek play with the puck is Briere like. Briere's strong suit wasn't that he wanted the puck. He went and got the puck and did things with it. Vanek isn't standing around looking for the puck. He is fighting for it and skating like he has a demon in his arce.

Vanek's play completely changes the dynamic of the team. His recent play has not been just great it's been dominate. As much I was not a big fan of Briere I will say Vanek play with the puck is Briere like. Briere's strong suit wasn't that he wanted the puck. He went and got the puck and did things with it. Vanek isn't standing around looking for the puck. He is fighting for it and skating like he has a demon in his arce.

Thank goodness. Can't call him Thomas Vanish anymore!

kudos to the defensive unit.. they have really stepped it up on the offensive front. i'm really hoping that they learn the defensive solidity bit now, that will set us up as a really good counterattacking unit.

Myers looked rough in patches, but redeemed himself in the end. Sekera looks like he is getting better at handling the puck in traffic, but is still overhandling. Montador and Morrison were both good today, they really brought the muscle in the back today. Butler is best when you don't hear about him all game long, like a good o-lineman in football. finally i thought Leopold had a good game today, doesn't seem like he has been afflicted by the unable-to-clear-zone curse yet!

did you hear that stat saying the Sabres D has 25% of the goals being scored? they are doing a really good job of covering up the offensive woes and poor PP play.. one or two impactful trades in the Top 6 and we might see some shades of that '05-'06 run-n-gun team again

good game boys, tough schedule coming up.. when they bring the energy they are showing they can keep up with the best in the league, the real challenge is maintaining that over a stretch.