GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

I'm off to the Blue Ridge mountains for the weekend; the last chance I'll have to put in a cheer for the Sabres is right now (unless I'm not scrambling for the plane in the morning--but I probably will be). Recording on DVR what should be a great opening ceremony for when I get back.

Let's see two points tonight, and two more tomorrow.

Let's Go Buffalo ! ! !!!

I'm off to the Blue Ridge mountains for the weekend; the last chance I'll have to put in a cheer for the Sabres is right now (unless I'm not scrambling for the plane in the morning--but I probably will be). Recording on DVR what should be a great opening ceremony for when I get back.

Let's see two points tonight, and two more tomorrow.

Let's Go Buffalo ! ! !!!

I'd rather be in the Blue Ridge mountains than watching the Sabres. Have fun. I'm jealous.

I'm off to the Blue Ridge mountains for the weekend

Awesome! I'm right in the middle of 'em here in Blacksburg. Leaves just starting to change color here... It'll be gorgeous the next three weekends. Weather should be perfect this weekend, too, if you're anywhere near me.

Now I'm curious what spot(s) you're headed to, although I'd venture to guess it's the Smoky Mountains in TN. Enjoy!

From Sabres.com

The Sabres will wear their new white jerseys at home for the first time this season, and the Canadiens will wear their traditional red home jerseys. The pre-game festivities will include a ceremonial faceoff featuring former Sabres captain Floyd Smith and Canadiens legend Henri Richard. Smith was part of the ceremonial faceoff at opening night in 1970. Renowned tenor Ronan Tynan will perform the Star Spangled Banner for the first time ever at a sporting event, and former Sabres public address announcer Milt Ellis will also appear throughout the night making several in-game announcements.

For just $5, fans will be able to purchase a limited edition game program that was designed to replicate the Sabres Game Night magazine from 1970. There will also be a commemorative lapel pin ($7) and game puck ($5) available for sale in the Sabres Store.

Sounds like a "get to ur seat early" night. I'm there. Now

GET A HOME WIN !!!!!

From Sabres.com

The Sabres will wear their new white jerseys at home for the first time this season, and the Canadiens will wear their traditional red home jerseys. The pre-game festivities will include a ceremonial faceoff featuring former Sabres captain Floyd Smith and Canadiens legend Henri Richard. Smith was part of the ceremonial faceoff at opening night in 1970. Renowned tenor Ronan Tynan will perform the Star Spangled Banner for the first time ever at a sporting event, and former Sabres public address announcer Milt Ellis will also appear throughout the night making several in-game announcements.

For just $5, fans will be able to purchase a limited edition game program that was designed to replicate the Sabres Game Night magazine from 1970. There will also be a commemorative lapel pin ($7) and game puck ($5) available for sale in the Sabres Store.

Sounds like a "get to ur seat early" night. I'm there. Now

GET A HOME WIN !!!!!

For us oldtimers tonight really takes us back. I'd love to be there and hear Milt Ellis!

Unfortunately, after watching the last few games, I feel about as confident in the outcome as I did 40 years ago.

Enjoy a reminder of what made the Sabres what they are to all of us Buffalonians.

I've really had enough of tynan. He may have endured more than most of us will have to in a lifetime but his signing just doesn't do it for me. Not to mention his "professed" his love for the Sabres for some hokey reason. I ain't buying it.

At least he's actually doing the anthem this time instead of replacing it with God Bless America.

At least he's actually doing the anthem this time instead of replacing it with God Bless America.

Ditto that sentiment. :beer:

Now as far as the game goes, doesn't get any better Montreal tonight. They were the bully on the block in 70's when Bflo came on the scene and you can say Bflo came of age playing the flying frenchmen.

No better time to start this season pointing in the right direction than tonight.

Lets Go Buffalo and get that record back to .500

I know what Montreal did in the playoffs but I just don't take them serious this year. They've lost too much and other than Pk Suban, nothing really excites me with that team. We NEED this win because I have a feeling it's gonna be a tough one to take tomorrow night. I can see it now, 6th game in 9 nights, on the road in Chicago excuses. Does anyone know if Miller is starting tonight? I'm sure we'll see him take a break tonight or tomorrow.

I know what Montreal did in the playoffs but I just don't take them serious this year. They've lost too much and other than Pk Suban, nothing really excites me with that team. We NEED this win because I have a feeling it's gonna be a tough one to take tomorrow night. I can see it now, 6th game in 9 nights, on the road in Chicago excuses. Does anyone know if Miller is starting tonight? I'm sure we'll see him take a break tonight or tomorrow.

Miller is in 4 tonight. Ruff hinted that LaLime would play Hawks. Hawks might be without Kane, he's sick.

I watch on DirecTV Center Ice, there is only one feed option for tonights game (usually two, so I can watch the Buffalo feed), does anyone know if I'm going to get the Buffalo feed or the dumb Montreal feed?? I want to put this game on DVD so would like the Buffalo feed...

Awesome! I'm right in the middle of 'em here in Blacksburg. Leaves just starting to change color here... It'll be gorgeous the next three weekends. Weather should be perfect this weekend, too, if you're anywhere near me.

Now I'm curious what spot(s) you're headed to, although I'd venture to guess it's the Smoky Mountains in TN. Enjoy!

Asheville, actually. If the connecting flight ever gets off the ground...

Asheville, actually.

no sh*t? just so happens that's where the missus and i are thinking of ringing in 2011 - word is that these fellas are playing shows there on 12/30 and 12/31.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4wLgw-6Zk

are you from there, or just headed there? if the former, and you have time, PM me with thoughts on whether that'd be feasible.

I've really had enough of tynan. He may have endured more than most of us will have to in a lifetime but his signing just doesn't do it for me. Not to mention his "professed" his love for the Sabres for some hokey reason. I ain't buying it.

OMG, he's going to be here??? Gag! I wish he would blow away and never come back :angry:

Renowned tenor Ronan Tynan will perform the Star Spangled Banner for the first time ever at a sporting event, and former Sabres public address announcer Milt Ellis will also appear throughout the night making several in-game announcements.
I've really had enough of tynan.
OMG, he's going to be here??? Gag! I wish he would blow away and never come back

i was done with tynan once he gave that smarmy speech at the winter classic -- he's a nice enough man, but he's essentially a used car salesman with a very nice voice and an irish brogue.

i am, however, super excited that milt ellis will be in the motherfunkin hizzouse:

dr. wiles, please call your answering service. ... dr. wiles, please call your answering service.

Archived