GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

thesportsbuff

Here's a couple of similar teams looking for a spark. The Sabres are coming off a couple poor performances and will be looking to avoid what would probably their worst start since pre-lockout, right? The Devil's are also off to their worst start since the 2001-02 season. Both Miller and Brodeur have struggled out of the gate, though we know what they're both capable off. New Jersey has already been bitten by the injury bug, though that could be a blessing in disguise for them giving their cap struggles. Meanwhile one can assume Buffalo will be sans Jason Pominville. To make things a little more interesting, Tallinder and Adam Mair should both be in the lineup for Jersey.

I'm hoping for Miller to stand on his head and steal this game if the offense doesn't show signs of improvement. Ideally Roy and Stafford will continue to play well and Vanek will start finding the net.

7:00 PM Faceoff.

Let's Go Buffalo

This might just be a must win game haha. With all seriousness we do need this one though. We had better beat Montreal at home Friday but then it's off to Chicago for the last game of a 6 in 9 nights and on the road as well. We need this.

How many players is Jersey dressing for the game? :D

Looks like only 15 skaters, same as the Pens game the other night.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/10/tonight_will_be_homecoming_for.html

It's going to be hard to watch Adam Mair in another jersey. What he lacked in skill he made up for with heart. I see him working for MSG when he finally does hang his skates up (hopefully he replaces Sylvester).

Well I have to admit that I did want it different this year so maybe starting the year a little tougher means they will avoid the mid year slump, long losing streak or finish stronger... Time will tell.

Let's stop the losing streak here and just get it back on track tonight.

Lets go Buffalo, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

According to Vogl, the lines will be:

Hecht-Roy-Stafford

Ennis-Connolly-Vanek

Gerbe-Niedermayer-Grier

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

I liked Roy-Stafford-Hecht the other night and I'm hopeful that the mighty mite will spark TC and Vanek out of their slumber. Also hopeful that Gerbe will be a difference-maker on the PP as he was in preseason.

If the Devils are only going to ice 3 forward lines, I wonder how much ice time the Sabres' 4th line will get.

I'd expect Sekera to stay in but wouldn't be surprised if not.

Devils coach MacLean threw his team off the ice and ended the morning skate early. Said "too laissez faire for a team that hasn't won a game yet."[/url]

Sabres better be ready for a desperate team.

Agreed and not to mention Marty and Ryan always get up for each other's games. I still remember all the ball washing that was going back and forth between the two last year.

All I want to see tonight is a Sabres team that looks like it is learning how to play together a little better than the last game. I'm hoping that it is just the new blood that is learning the system, and not a dropoff in talent, that is making them look so much worse than last year.

Right now, Ennis is Afinogenov. He needs to learn how to pass. It might have potted him a lot of goals in the AHL, but right now it's only leading to him bumping into his own players.

What will the PP lines look like?

And who will be paired with Myers on the top PP pairing?

Connolly will be on the point with Myers. Then, Stafford, Vanek and Roy up front.

Second PP line is Leopold-Sekera with Ennis-Hecht-Gerbe (I don't know who will be center.)

I caught the last NJ game against the Penguins and I was SHOCKED at all the empty seats at the NJ arena.

If the Penguinis can't draw flies, even with Kovalchuk, I don't think the Sabres will even fill half of that place.

I doubt they fill a single seat seeing how the game is in Buffalo.

Archived