GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

thesportsbuff

That was frustrating. Lousy first period, but the rest of the game was really good. Miller was outstanding. But, you can't lose a puck battle at the end of the game like Sekera did and let the puck go to Kovalchuk on the hash marks. Game over. Frustrating because this is really not a good NJ team, but apparently, this is not a good Buffalo team either. Oh well, on to Wednesday. Got 1 point out of it. Got to move on to Friday and hope for a win against Montreal.

Roy is seriously the only player worth having on this team. I'm out of patience with the rest of them. They try to play dump and chase but nobody chases, they try to execute give and go's but nobody goes. Connolly shoots the puck at defenders 3ft in front of him. The whole team has an issue with trying to make no-look passes when there's nobody where they're passing to. Ennis is out of position every shift, probably why he was replaced with Gerbe on Roy's line for the third period. At this rate, whether he gets more phantom assists or not, Ennis is going to find himself in Portland. He has been frustrating. Vanek was invisible, again. Montador can't keep a puck in the zone that slid flat on the ice all the way from the goal line. No hustle from anybody, no brains from anybody. If I'm Darcy Regier I give the team one more game, then I start shipping EVERYBODY out of town for whatever I can get. Time to rebuild. I was one of the most optimistic fans in the off-season, but tonight was the last straw. They were awful, again. Stupid shots, stupid passes, stupid dumps, stupid clears. I can't think of one player besides Roy who has had a positive effect this season. Niedermayer hasn't been bad, and McCormick has mostly done his job, but jesus christ the rest of the team has been god awful.

Roy is seriously the only player worth having on this team. I'm out of patience with the rest of them. They try to play dump and chase but nobody chases, they try to execute give and go's but nobody goes. Connolly shoots the puck at defenders 3ft in front of him. The whole team has an issue with trying to make no-look passes when there's nobody where they're passing to. Ennis is out of position every shift, probably why he was replaced with Gerbe on Roy's line for the third period. At this rate, whether he gets more phantom assists or not, Ennis is going to find himself in Portland. He has been frustrating. Vanek was invisible, again. Montador can't keep a puck in the zone that slid flat on the ice all the way from the goal line. No hustle from anybody, no brains from anybody. If I'm Darcy Regier I give the team one more game, then I start shipping EVERYBODY out of town for whatever I can get. Time to rebuild. I was one of the most optimistic fans in the off-season, but tonight was the last straw. They were awful, again. Stupid shots, stupid passes, stupid dumps, stupid clears. I can't think of one player besides Roy who has had a positive effect this season. Niedermayer hasn't been bad, and McCormick has mostly done his job, but jesus christ the rest of the team has been god awful.

paragraphs are so 1980's.

Love how NJD contain Derek Roy and the rest of the offense has troubles even putting up shots. As someone said, this could be a really long season. I can't believe I am about to say this, but i finally may give in and say it may be time for a new coach.

Not saying this is all on coaching, because it isn't, but, this team just comes out flat way too often for too many years, even the year they won the president's trophy they had some horrific games.

Archived