[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Haha, yeah. In this day and age if professional sports, there is no such thing as preparing for the future. Instant gratification reigns supreme. I've seen how Bills fans react to a couple of bad games, I'd hate to see how they'd react to a couple more years of rebuilding........ again.

Typical Bills fans............ give them a million dollars and they'd bitch about how you gave it to them.

The pyramids were built in less time than it will take the Bills to be contenders again.

I guess you haven't watched many Atlanta or Baltimore games lately.

Neither of them were that can't miss prospect that went first overall. You can still find that guy in a slot other than that #1 pick with Luck. Who's to say that Mallett can't be that guy? I'm not convinced yet that they still don't go that way in the first round even with how Fitz has played.

I can see both sides. I like Fitz - I think he is ballsy and a warrior and he isn't costing us games. I think he is a vet who can manage games and when needed can light it up. That being said, if we could guarantee getting a can't-miss franchise QB in the first round, it's tough not to take him. But there's a lot of uncertainty with QB's taken high in the draft - do you get Manning or Leaf?

Personally I still think the D needs more work than the O. Linebackers and D-ends need upgrading. Much bigger priority than drafting a potential franchise QB early and throwing a ton of money at him and hoping it works out. I'd rather see the D improved and the O-line solidified (though I think Wood at C is the right move to make and a step in the right direction) before taking a franchise QB early.

Neither of them were that can't miss prospect that went first overall. You can still find that guy in a slot other than that #1 pick with Luck. Who's to say that Mallett can't be that guy? I'm not convinced yet that they still don't go that way in the first round even with how Fitz has played.

To your first point, I was responding to this, "I just don't see how much better this team would be right now with a 'better' QB." You don;t need to draft #1 overall to get a better talent than Fitzpatrick. To the other point, I don't want players falling to the Bills. I want them to have first crack at every player first in every round.

To your first point, I was responding to this, "I just don't see how much better this team would be right now with a 'better' QB." You don;t need to draft #1 overall to get a better talent than Fitzpatrick. To the other point, I don't want players falling to the Bills. I want them to have first crack at every player first in every round.

Is anyone really falling to them if they pick right around 5? A couple elite talents will be off the board, but they'll still have their choice of 4 or 5 super prospects at that point. If they do in fact want a QB, there really isn't much standing in the way of them getting Mallett. Cincy's really the only one. Detroit's not taking a QB and I doubt Denver takes one either. The other obstacle would be if they somehow jump Arizona in the standings.

And as for getting the first crack at every player in every round, there's only one position in the entire draft that gets the first crack at people, and that's first overall. Having the first pick in the second round means nothing in terms of that "not wanting players falling to the Bills". The first pick of every other round will be a guy who has been passed over by countless teams. In the big picture, it's not going to be about where they pick, but about how well they pick.

Is anyone really falling to them if they pick right around 5? A couple elite talents will be off the board, but they'll still have their choice of 4 or 5 super prospects at that point. If they do in fact want a QB, there really isn't much standing in the way of them getting Mallett. Cincy's really the only one. Detroit's not taking a QB and I doubt Denver takes one either. The other obstacle would be if they somehow jump Arizona in the standings.

And as for getting the first crack at every player in every round, there's only one position in the entire draft that gets the first crack at people, and that's first overall. Having the first pick in the second round means nothing in terms of that "not wanting players falling to the Bills". The first pick of every other round will be a guy who has been passed over by countless teams. In the big picture, it's not going to be about where they pick, but about how well they pick.

Considering last years draft, you final line does not fill me with hope for this years draft.

Mallett is a nice QB. If Luck is better I want the option to draft him. I don't want the Bills drafting the best available player. I want them drafting the best player in the draft.

It wasn't too long ago when the cement heads over at TBD thought I was crazy when I said that 7-9 was killing the Bills and they were better off bottoming out. Here we are going into 2011 and the rest of Bills-Nation has finally caught up to me. I see the same thing happening with this years QB class. The Bills let a chance at a franchise QB go by. I truly hope that Luck stays in school and comes out next year. I hope the Bills continue to purge the roster of players like Evans, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin and Poz. A solid draft this year and drafting #1 next year possibly adding Luck will be the cornerstones of the next great Bills era.

Do you think Los Angeles will ever get an NFL team, and if so, which team? —James

It seems like a neck and neck race between the Jaguars and the Bills, and please, God, let it be the Jaguars. Number one, they’ll fit much better in Southern California with those precious teal-and-gold unis (they look like they belong on an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess). Number two, Buffalo Bills fans are the best and drunkest fans in all of sports; they sell out their stadium in –20 degree weather and are still puking on each other on frozen aluminum bleachers deep into the fourth quarters of gruesome 30-point Bills losses. If the government is going to bail out irresponsible Evrémondes like AIG, as far as I’m concerned they’re morally obligated to keep pro football in Buffalo, at least until they win a title.

Not to sure if any of you head to "Rolling Stone" to read about politics but Matt Taibbi, a regular at "RS" and one of my favorite writers, submitted a Q&A piece to "Men's Journal" which included that awesome Bills response above. Click Hereto read the whole piece.

Not to sure if any of you head to "Rolling Stone" to read about politics but Matt Taibbi, a regular at "RS" and one of my favorite writers, submitted a Q&A piece to "Men's Journal" which included that awesome Bills response above. Click Hereto read the whole piece.

That's pretty funny - love the quote you posted.

I like how you try to disguise that you read Men's Journal :rolleyes:

So Schoop and Bullfrog had the ESPN wizard on yesterday and his answer for why Fitz is an average QB is that the Bills have a losing record. Huh? Really?

That's not what he said. nice try though.

He said what many others have said about Fitzpatrick, he is a decent QB that is prone the killer bad throw or decision.

Archived