[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Great example of what you get with Fitzpatrick on the first Bills drive. The run the ball down the Pats throat only to have the drive stalled by two poorly thrown passes by Fitzpatrick. You can't let points get away against the Pats.

The Bills run 6 straight running plays and NE has no answer. I say to my friends that the only way the Bills win the game is if they keep running the ball on that first drive to a TD. Don't stop what is working until proof it can be stopped. Of course the Bills toss incomplete passes on 2 of the next 3 plays and go for the FG. The Bills are up 3-0 and I know the game is lost.

Wow! Merriman is to sign a two year deal with the Bills? Who saw that coming? Great move if he can get healthy. So much for players not wanting to play in Buffalo.

McGee............Merriman..Stroud..Fairley(Aub)..Williams...Kelsay...Moats.....McKelvin

Poz

Whitner/Wilson/Byrd

Not nearly as disgusting as when the season started.

McGee............Merriman..Stroud..Fairley(Aub)..Williams...Kelsay...Moats.....McKelvin

Poz

Whitner/Wilson/Byrd

Not nearly as disgusting as when the season started.

They can do better than Whitner and Poz in the draft or free agency. Stick to the 4-3 and let Stroud and Williams clog the middle.

McGee's best days are behind him.

They don't need to be flashy this off-season in free agency. Be smart and continue to build. Let next year be another 4-5 win season and build through the draft.

They can do better than Whitner and Poz in the draft or free agency. Stick to the 4-3 and let Stroud and Williams clog the middle.

They don't need to be flashy this off-season in free agency. Be smart and continue to build. Let next year be another 4-5 win season and build through the draft.

I agree on the 4-3. Moving Stroud and making him lose weight was a big mistake. I just think if we can draft Fairley, who might be gone #1 anyway, it could look a lot better next year.

Poz and Whitner aren't bad, just have underperformed. We need to get pressure though to let the DBs make some plays.

If Mallet is somehow in their plans I like the attitude. Hankerson out of Miami is a big strong target a little later, even though the Wrs are hanging in there. There is some talent in this draft.

I do not think they'll ditch the "3-4" or whatever it is they've been learning the past 6 months.

I also think Poz is worth re-signing.

As far as Whitner, I don't really like the guy, but I do think that re-signing him at this point wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing; I'd rather not create another hole on this squad right now when we have so many to fill. On the other hand, if Lil Donte is going to be greedy about it and not sign for the right price, letting him walk would be a good message to this young team about that kind of attitude.

They have a full roster of guys who are suited for 4-3.

And Shawne Merriman who is suited for 3-4.

They might be 'suited' for the 4-3 but it doesn't mean they are talented enough to play it. They had a front 4 who couldn't get to the QB - now they have a front 3 that can't. They had a 4-3 that couldn't stop the run - now they have a 3-4 that can't.

Even with a Broncos loss, if Houston, Oakland and Indy win, the Bills would still move to 3rd.

I'm not sure how it shakes out, but if Denver loses then there are three 4-12 teams - Buffalo, Cincy and Denver. I don't know what the tiebreakers are so it looks to me like they would pick somewhere between 2-4.

I'm not sure what those teams you listed have to do with the Bills pick, though. Oakland already won and improved to 8-8, Houston is 5-10 and at worst Indy will finish 9-7. Houston was 5-10 coming in, so even if they lose to Jax they would be 5-11. Unless the records of those teams would impact head-to-head or record against common opponents tiebreakers.

I'm not sure how it shakes out, but if Denver loses then there are three 4-12 teams - Buffalo, Cincy and Denver. I don't know what the tiebreakers are so it looks to me like they would pick somewhere between 2-4.

I'm not sure what those teams you listed have to do with the Bills pick, though. Oakland already won and improved to 8-8, Houston is 5-10 and at worst Indy will finish 9-7. Houston was 5-10 coming in, so even if they lose to Jax they would be 5-11. Unless the records of those teams would impact head-to-head or record against common opponents tiebreakers.

Strength of schedule.

Carolina is 1st, Cincy is 2nd. Bills will get 3rd or 4th.

It is all based on strength of schedule. If Denver loses they are #2. If they win and others teams that Cincy played lose the Bills could jump them.

Strength of schedule.

Carolina is 1st, Cincy is 2nd. Bills will get 3rd or 4th.

It is all bases n strength of schedule. If Denver loses they are #2. If they win and others teams that Cincy played lose the Bills could jump them.

Thanks to both. So likely in the 3-4 range, 5 at the worst? I can handle that.

So should the Bills pick the best OL or best DL with that top 4 pick?

I'd go with someone on the defensive side of the ball - specifically pass rush, either DE or linebacker. D is a bigger mess than the O right now.

I'm resigned to the fact that we have to stomach another season with Fitzpatrick. Only the Buffalo Bills can make this guy look like an NFL QB. Now we're stuck with him for another year or two. I'd go with LOT, DL, ROT, DL, DL, OT, DL as my entire draft. I'd look for LB help in FA.

I'd go with someone on the defensive side of the ball - specifically pass rush, either DE or linebacker. D is a bigger mess than the O right now.

If not a QB it has to be a impact starter on either side of the ball.

A caller had a great point on the post game show. If Luck comes out why not offer 5 first round picks for him? Look at the last 5 first round the Bills had.

Archived