[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

I didn't understand that timeout.

He took it thinking that if they forced a 4th down for a long FG, the Colts would get the ball back with 15 seconds and maybe set up 2 quick passes and a hail mary or a bomb of a fg. It was a bad call in the sense the Jets had all the pressure on them to make a play and the pure chaos of the situation could have very easily forced a miscue.

Great games so far.

Starks. He's from Niagara Falls I believe.

Yeah he is - played for the new NFHS.

I agree with DeLuca - that's a great story for UB's recruiting videos and coaches. And it's nice to see a WNY player make it big in the pros and do well. Always good for the region.

James Starks 23 carries 123 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL Playoffs.

That's a nice days work against any team on any day. I know who I'm rooting for the rest of the way. Actually, I can't stand any of the other teams anyway, so to have a local connection just seals the deal.

That's a nice days work against any team on any day. I know who I'm rooting for the rest of the way. Actually, I can't stand any of the other teams anyway, so to have a local connection just seals the deal.

Especially since when I played against him in hs I thought he was a joke and wasn't buying the hype.

Yeah he is - played for the new NFHS.

I agree with DeLuca - that's a great story for UB's recruiting videos and coaches. And it's nice to see a WNY player make it big in the pros and do well. Always good for the region.

He's in the record book for one of the most storied franchises in NFL history. Yeah, UB better beat that into the ground with anything they send out from now on.

Cool blurb from Elias (love reading Elias Says on ESPN):

James Starks, a sixth-round draft pick in 2010, gained 123 rushing yards in the Packers' victory. That was the first 100-yard rushing game in NFL postseason history by a rookie who was drafted in that late a round (or who was undrafted). Among the rookies to gain at least 100 rushing yards in a postseason game, the latest draft pick prior to Starks-in terms of either round of overall draft number-was Timmy Smith, a fifth-round pick in 1987 who gained 204 yards in the Redskins' 42-10 rout of the Broncos in Super Bowl XXII.

I think Fitz is as least as good as Sanchez for the Jets

He hasn't led a team into the playoffs. Say what you will about Jet's defense and his weapons, THAT is what a QB is measured by (And Sanchaz has done it two years in a row, and also won a playoff game or two each season..., although I'm still ticked he left SC early).

Way to go, Starks from my Alma Mater!

He hasn't led a team into the playoffs. Say what you will about Jet's defense and his weapons, THAT is what a QB is measured by (And Sanchaz has done it two years in a row, and also won a playoff game or two each season..., although I'm still ticked he left SC early).

Way to go, Starks from my Alma Mater!

I do not get this argument. Mike Schoop makes it everyday and so does Bulldog and his ESPN buddy. While the QB is very important he can't do it all by himself. Sanchez has a great running game, better recievers, a great defense that gets him the ball and Fitz has what? Nothing. And look who he beat? Pyton Manning! Manning lost, does that make him less of a QB than Sanchez???

I do not get this argument. Mike Schoop makes it everyday and so does Bulldog and his ESPN buddy. While the QB is very important he can't do it all by himself. Sanchez has a great running game, better recievers, a great defense that gets him the ball and Fitz has what? Nothing. And look who he beat? Pyton Manning! Manning lost, does that make him less of a QB than Sanchez???

I live on the left coast. I am a Bill's & USC fan. I saw Sanchez take a USC team to the brink of a national championship (he tried to play injured against Oregon, and it didn't happen...), despite making a lot of bone-headed mistakes. Wanted him to come back at USC, cuz' I think if he had, they'd have possibly won the national championship two years ago. I then wanted Sanchez (for obvious reasons, life-long Bill's fan that I am) to fall flat on his face for the Jet's... He hasn't (while Leinart has..., and Palmer is floundering..., kinda funny that USC quarterbacks who didn't win the Heisman are doing better than those that did...), so I'm begrudgingly impressed (with Sanchez).

What has Fitzpatrick done???? Not fall down with this team as much as Trent Edwards did?? I hope that doesn't cloud everyone's eyes on what the Bill's have to do, to be competitive, moving forward... We need a franchise QB some place down the road (And Fitzpatrick will have to seriously upgrade his game to become one...).

You are also correct that it is unfair (to a player like Fitzpatrick) to simply judge him by the team's bottom line. But that is the quarterback position, in a nut-shell. I like the up-side that Fitzpatrick brought to the table, in the later part of this season. Let's see what he does with his continued opportunity next year. But he (Fitzpatrick) is no Tom Brady (as far as Brady stepped in, and made the most of Bledsoe injury a few years ago...). He (Fitz) came off the bench, if memory serves me correct, and couldn't fill Palmer's shoes in Cincinnati. He is limited right now (as probably is Sanchez, but the Jet's defense allows him to take more chances...).

I'd love for you to say "see, I told you so" next season (Sanchez vs. Fitz), but you can't make that argument this year.

Btw... Seeing your screen name, this probably makes sense that we are taking opposite side. I was always a Donnie Edwards fan. ;)

I live on the left coast. I am a Bill's & USC fan. I saw Sanchez take a USC team to the brink of a national championship (he tried to play injured against Oregon, and it didn't happen...), despite making a lot of bone-headed mistakes. Wanted him to come back at USC, cuz' I think if he had, they'd have possibly won the national championship two years ago. I then wanted Sanchez (for obvious reasons, life-long Bill's fan that I am) to fall flat on his face for the Jet's... He hasn't (while Leinart has..., and Palmer is floundering..., kinda funny that USC quarterbacks who didn't win the Heisman are doing better than those that did...), so I'm begrudgingly impressed (with Sanchez).

What has Fitzpatrick done???? Not fall down with this team as much as Trent Edwards did?? I hope that doesn't cloud everyone's eyes on what the Bill's have to do, to be competitive, moving forward... We need a franchise QB some place down the road (And Fitzpatrick will have to seriously upgrade his game to become one...).

You are also correct that it is unfair (to a player like Fitzpatrick) to simply judge him by the team's bottom line. But that is the quarterback position, in a nut-shell. I like the up-side that Fitzpatrick brought to the table, in the later part of this season. Let's see what he does with his continued opportunity next year. But he (Fitzpatrick) is no Tom Brady (as far as Brady stepped in, and made the most of Bledsoe injury a few years ago...). He (Fitz) came off the bench, if memory serves me correct, and couldn't fill Palmer's shoes in Cincinnati. He is limited right now (as probably is Sanchez, but the Jet's defense allows him to take more chances...).

I'd love for you to say "see, I told you so" next season (Sanchez vs. Fitz), but you can't make that argument this year.

Btw... Seeing your screen name, this probably makes sense that we are taking opposite side. I was always a Donnie Edwards fan. ;)

Ha ha! Actually! I was an Edward's fan and my friend liked Sauve, but after the back to back shutouts in Montreal in the playoffs Sauve won an everlasting place in my hockey heart.

Ha ha! Actually! I was an Edward's fan and my friend liked Sauve, but after the back to back shutouts in Montreal in the playoffs Sauve won an everlasting place in my hockey heart.

Yea. I hear you. My brother was for Sauve, and I was for Edwards (but we both wanted the Sabres to win...). We used to argue over that forever... In the end, as a Buffalo fan, Sauve DID win out (so I hope Fitz continues to improve..., I used to think Sanchez was too small to play in the NFL...).

Archived