[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

so the number 3 pick. not too bad. but who do we pick? definately not a quarterback. defense needs the most help, who would you guys pick with the 3rd?

Why "definitely not a quarterback?" I hope you are not falling for the idea that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the long term answer.

Through all the hoopla about Ryan Fitzpatrick has any actually looked at the difference he actually made?

Under a season with Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB the Bills averaged 40.2 yards more passing per game in 2010 than they did in 2009, 197.4 - 157.2. The amount of scoring drives was exactly the same, 51 in 2009 (28 fg - 23 td) as it was in 2010 (21 fg -30 td). Which means that people that don't believe the Bills need a QB do so based on 40.2 yards a game and a total of 28 points.

Why "definitely not a quarterback?" I hope you are not falling for the idea that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the long term answer.

Through all the hoopla about Ryan Fitzpatrick has any actually looked at the difference he actually made?

Under a season with Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB the Bills averaged 40.2 yards more passing per game in 2010 than they did in 2009, 197.4 - 157.2. The amount of scoring drives was exactly the same, 51 in 2009 (28 fg - 23 td) as it was in 2010 (21 fg -30 td). Which means that people that don't believe the Bills need a QB do so based on 40.2 yards a game and a total of 28 points.

im not saying dont draft a qb this year, just not with the 3rd pick.

There is not a QB available that excites me. Why pick some bum who is going to flame out? This team has other issues at key possessions and I am perfectly willing to let Fitz be the QB next year.

The college ranks aren't churning out stud QBs like they used to.

Get him better wide recievers and that average will go way up.

Get him better wide recievers and that average will go way up.

You just described 90% of the QB's that ever played the game. That aside, new receivers will not make him more accurate. It is his inconsistency that makes him a just another average QB in the league. This team needs better.

You just described 90% of the QB's that ever played the game. That aside, new receivers will not make him more accurate. It is his inconsistency that makes him a just another average QB in the league. This team needs better.

Oh Horse crap, he made a bunch of very average recievers look decent. Give him a real target(s) and he will be even better. Heck, just let him stay as starter and he will get better

Oh Horse crap, he made a bunch of very average recievers look decent. Give him a real target(s) and he will be even better. Heck, just let him stay as starter and he will get better

"Better" does not mean "Good Enough."

If you want 7-9 or 8-8 with maybe a hope every once in awhile of getting breaks one year and making the playoffs then "Fitz" is your man. For every good throw he makes there is an equally bad throw. He is nothing more than a place holder. You keep him around until you find that franchise QB.

"Better" does not mean "Good Enough."

If you want 7-9 or 8-8 with maybe a hope every once in awhile of getting breaks one year and making the playoffs then "Fitz" is your man. For every good throw he makes there is an equally bad throw. He is nothing more than a place holder. You keep him around until you find that franchise QB.

23 tds to 15 ints, i think he can build off that. chan is an offensive powerhouse. fitz throws every pass as if it was his last. good combo. whether you like it or not fitz deserves to start next year and im expecting even bigger things next year. chans got a year under his belt and now we can only improve. im thinkin 8-8 no playoffs but considerable improvement. fitz has the tools to be a better qb. those bad passes and fumbles can be fixed. but you cant teach instinct to qbs and fitz has a whole ton of that. 8-8 next year playoffs after that. 30 tds for fitz next year also. but deluca im not tryin to say your points arent valid. i just think your not giving fitz enough credit.

23 tds to 15 ints, i think he can build off that. chan is an offensive powerhouse. fitz throws every pass as if it was his last. good combo. whether you like it or not fitz deserves to start next year and im expecting even bigger things next year. chans got a year under his belt and now we can only improve. im thinkin 8-8 no playoffs but considerable improvement. fitz has the tools to be a better qb. those bad passes and fumbles can be fixed. but you cant teach instinct to qbs and fitz has a whole ton of that. 8-8 next year playoffs after that. 30 tds for fitz next year also. but deluca im not tryin to say your points arent valid. i just think your not giving fitz enough credit.

I think "Fitz" gets far too much credit. IMO, fans are falling in to a trap. He is "better" than Losman, Edwards and the other scrubs the Bills have had at QB. My standard for the Bills QB position is a bit higher. I want a franchise QB. I want a Super Bowl winning QB. This team is not getting there with a QB as erratic as "Fitz."

I think "Fitz" gets far too much credit. IMO, fans are falling in to a trap. He is "better" than Losman, Edwards and the other scrubs the Bills have had at QB. My standard for the Bills QB position is a bit higher. I want a franchise QB. I want a Super Bowl winning QB. This team is not getting there with a QB as erratic as "Fitz."

we can fix his erraticness!

I'm not totally against the idea of plucking a reciever with that number 3 pick. If he looks like a better overall football player than anyone else I'd do it. Fitz could use a great reciever to throw to. Still, a defensive lineman would be a better pick

I'm not totally against the idea of plucking a reciever with that number 3 pick. If he looks like a better overall football player than anyone else I'd do it. Fitz could use a great reciever to throw to. Still, a defensive lineman would be a better pick

Especially if that receiver can teach him how to be accurate with his passes. :thumbsup:

You mean like the pass in OT against Pittsburgh that was dropped in the end zone? Those passes? :beer:

You mean by the so-called breakout receiver Stevie Johnson? No. I meant the interception he threw with his right hand that looked like he threw it with his left. Or maybe the two poorly thrown balls against the Pats on the opening drive.

OK. I can agree with that. I would like to see the Bills trade down, pick a QB and use the rest of the draft on defense and O-line.

There is not a QB available that excites me. Why pick some bum who is going to flame out? This team has other issues at key possessions and I am perfectly willing to let Fitz be the QB next year.The college ranks aren't churning out stud QBs like they used to.

Because, as DeLuca suggests, it doesn't have to be a first-round QB. Taking a Q in the third or fourth and seeing what he becomes is completely acceptable, and maybe even smart.

Archived