Atlanta walks away from MacArthur award

tom webster

I don't understand arbitration proceses. But if MacArthur gets that much I think Kennedy gets a raise bigtime.

The big thing Kennedy has going against him is that he has one season of NHL hockey under his belt. He won't come anywhere near MacArthur... of course, they'll work out a deal ahead of time with him too like they did with Kaleta.

If the Sabres could sign MacArthur for $1.5M, would you want them to?

For $2M?

(For me, it's a no at 2M and a possibility at 1.5 only if the Sabres signed someone expensive (I still want Bobby Ryan), had to shed other contracts, and then had to find warm bodies at decent prices.)

For $2M?

(For me, it's a no at 2M and a possibility at 1.5 only if the Sabres signed someone expensive (I still want Bobby Ryan), had to shed other contracts, and then had to find warm bodies at decent prices.)

For me, it's a no at pretty much any price. I can't think of a forward on the team who I'd like to replace with Mac.

For me, it's a no at pretty much any price. I can't think of a forward on the team who I'd like to replace with Mac.

Agreed. He had his chance, he scored a few goals, then he disappeared for long stretches. We have enough of that type.

For $2M?

No.

For $2M?

###### No..He is a pedestrian hockey player..Our whole roster is filled with him

For $2M?

Maybe if they traded Stafford for a 3rd and 4th and signed Mac to hold a spot until they've deemed Gerbe ready. But even then I'd prefer they do that with someone like Torres before MacArthur.

For $2M?

No, i'm past that by now. He's lazy and floats all the time. Disappears in most games. He went to Atlanta and played with a fire, he must have known he was heading to the crossroads when a playoff team was trading him just for picks at the deadline to a team in the basement. He impressed them first 5 or so games, yet, still finished scoring only 3 goals in 21 games there. He's worth Matt Ellis type money....

For $2M?

No and no.

He was part of the brat pack, and the more of them who leave, the better.

Agreed. He had his chance, he scored a few goals, then he disappeared for long stretches. We have enough of that type.

Cannot agree more. MacArthur tanked here before the trade deadline, and it was necessary to get something worthwhile for him. If Stafford is not traded and fails to produce, I fear he may meet the same fate.

So if he was awarded that much, I wonder how much he asked for at the start of the arbitration. I hope this is a case where the arbitrator picked exactly what MacArthur was making because the thought of him asking for even more than that is downright scary.

Archived