Rob Niedermayer to Buffalo

spndnchz

Vanek-Roy-Pommer

Ennis-Connolly-Stafford

Grier-Neidermeyer-Hecht

Kaleta-Gaustad-Kennedy

Gerbe, McCormick and even Kassian

Something has to give.....

I agree, something is going to happen, especially if the Zherdev talk is true. Is there a trade deal in the works here?

I won't hold my breathe. But, Darcy just has to give up that 2nd round pick come deadline time, so I would imagine we are not going to see any movement.

Ennis and Gerbe back to Portland? :wallbash: :censored: :wallbash: :thumbdown: :death:

Unless of course, Darcy is stacking the forwards in an effort to put a package together for ERIC STAAL! :thumbsup:

Vanek-Roy-Pommer

Ennis-Connolly-Stafford

Grier-Neidermeyer-Hecht

Kaleta-Gaustad-Kennedy

I would guess Gerbe and Kassian do not make the team and McCormick is an extra forward rotating in the lineup.

Vanek-Roy-Pommer

Ennis-Connolly-Stafford

Grier-Neidermeyer-Hecht

Kaleta-Gaustad-Kennedy

My guess is we trade someone (or two) for draft picks. It would certainly fit Darcy's style.

Wow!

Another fringe player on a roster loaded with fringe players.

What about unloading some fringe players for players that can make a real difference?

It is not a terribly upsetting move, but more like insignificant. I guess the Sabres organization thinks that the current core players are good enough. I don't think so!

Put Niedermeyer on it, he's a sneaky little ###### just like you.

outstanding.

My guess is we trade someone (or two) for draft picks. It would certainly fit Darcy's style.

Indeed -- Stafford could get dumped this way in the same way DR unloaded Pyatt, Bernier, MacArthur and Paille.

As for the lines, I'm kinda hoping for:

Ennis-Vanek-Zherdev

TC-Pommer-Hecht

Niedermayer-Grier-Roy

Gaustad-Kaleta-Kennedy

Extra: McCormick, Gerbe

Traded: Stafford

This guy was BORN to be a Sabre!

I watched him while living in Florida, and the fans there ran him out of town. When they were all throwing rats on the ice, he looked like he was going to become Joe Thornton. Got killed.....never showed the same promise again. I haven't watched him much the past few years, but he was injury prone and NOT a leader early on. He may have matured after humbled into a perennial 10 goal scorer.

One part Gratton, one part Connolly, one part Dave Hannan.......10 years ago.

Some of you guys DO know that there are probably a number of players the Sabres have gone after but lost because of the player's choice. If we did not get Nieder, we probably would have never found out....

per ESPN

• The Buffalo Sabres have brought in veteran center Rob Niedermayer. The 35-year-old, who was UFA, is a solid third-line center. It's believed that Pittsburgh and Edmonton were also after Niedermayer, but he chose the Sabres in the end.

i think this signing does fill a lot of gaps.. veteran, center, decent on faceoffs, leadership, he's stable and gets about 16-17 min per game, minimal PP and some SH time.. and at $1mill for one year is definitely a good deal.

Exactly. Veteran leadership is the key here. And for a $1M, can't complain. As other posters have pointed out, we could be getting rid of a 'top 6' in exchange for....who knows what, so we'll have to see.

And I must point out that none of the WNY media sources had a clue ahead of time about this signing either (or if they did they didn't say so).

Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Hamilton, Schopp and Bulldog are all minions of Darcy. :unsure:

And I must point out that none of the WNY media sources had a clue ahead of time about this signing either (or if they did they didn't say so).

Bill knew. He just wanted to piss u off :nana:

Rob's also getting a playoff bonus.

Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Hamilton, Schopp and Bulldog are all minions of Darcy. :unsure:

I appreciate the humor. My point isn't that these guys are sucking up to the team, it's that if they don't give us inside info, then all they are really doing is watching the games and the press conferences -- same as we are -- and opining on what they see -- same as we do. Leaving Bill's recent hissy fit out of it, he's far from the only one in this category. Where are Bucky, Vogl, Harrington, Hamilton, etc.? I really get the sense that they have no better idea of the plans and priorities of the organization than we do.

I appreciate the humor. My point isn't that these guys are sucking up to the team, it's that if they don't give us inside info, then all they are really doing is watching the games and the press conferences -- same as we are -- and opining on what they see -- same as we do. Leaving Bill's recent hissy fit out of it, he's far from the only one in this category. Where are Bucky, Vogl, Harrington, Hamilton, etc.? I really get the sense that they have no better idea of the plans and priorities of the organization than we do.

They don't. Why would they? And put Sullivan at the top of that list. It's good work if you can get it.

Archived