Rob Niedermayer to Buffalo

spndnchz

I know I keep preaching this, but something more has to be coming. They now have 14 forwards if you count Enis and Gerbe.

the something more would be new uniforms that would include blue, gold, black, red and white stripped dresses and "man" purses for their "accessories"

###### awesome. But really? You of all people, the one whos been bitching every time someone makes a thread about signing, make a new thread for it? :P

Only new threads 4 Sabres signings was the 'rule' I guess. FWIW, I don't make the rules, I just change them.

I know I keep preaching this, but something more has to be coming. They now have 14 forwards if you count Enis and Gerbe.

I was thinking the same thing. Bieksa is rumored to be available now that Hamhuis is in Vancouver. He's a little injury prone but would fit in the top 4 nicely....Sabres were rumored to have an interest in him two years ago.

Depth signing. Don't expect anything special from this guy. This was purely a depth signing for Center.

Which in turn, tells me Connolly and Roy aren't going anywhere, but, there should be a trade coming involving a winger or 2.

The Sabres now have to many forwards pushing for positions.

And don't expect anymore D men, the Sabres are going to run with what they have.

I would imagine a RWer is the next step here. Which team to trade with and what type of player are the questions.

###### awesome. But really? You of all people, the one whos been bitching every time someone makes a thread about signing, make a new thread for it? :P

A new thread for a Sabres FA signing is 100% appropriate.

I agree. (Not to mention the hope that Zherdev will make it 15.)

i think this signing does fill a lot of gaps.. veteran, center, decent on faceoffs, leadership, he's stable and gets about 16-17 min per game, minimal PP and some SH time.. and at $1mill for one year is definitely a good deal.

now how about that top 6 forward and powerplay-quarterback-dman and you won't hear another peep from me until the season begins!

Archived