Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

I highly doubt this guy is going to Portland. He might not be anything special but I'm sure he's better than Butler/Sekera.

Well judging by his stats, he does look like a solid stay at home defense man with a career +36.

And this little tid bit

I really hope this wasn't the reason for the Kennedy situation though because that makes even less sense.

I highly doubt this guy is going to Portland. He might not be anything special but I'm sure he's better than Butler/Sekera.

Didn't this kid play with Mike Green? He has never been a minus player in the NHL. He is right now the Sabres second best defenseman. He should be a good fit with Myers. Hopefully this spell the end for Rivet who is currently the 8th best defenseman on the roster?

Didn't this kid play with Mike Green? He has never been a minus player in the NHL. He is right now the Sabres second best defenseman. He should be a good fit with Myers. Hopefully this spell the end for Rivet who is currently the 8th best defenseman on the roster?

I don't agree with either of these assertions and frankly I don't think you do either.

1 year contract. I would guess of the two-way version. Hmm - will he have rights to go to arbitration after next season? :)

This has to be what Regier was waiting for. I can definitely see a trade coming now, without question. The organization has too many D men for Buffalo and Portland at this time. Regier looks to be setting himself up to move a commodity other teams are seeking at this time, Defensive Depth.

Heard this same thing in the mid 80's, it didn't hold water then, it doesn't now.Look, we both want the same thing, a successful season ending in a Stanley Cup in Buffalo.

I got over my "they make the playoffs and its a successful season" routine a couple decades ago.This isn't the first time I've heard this kind of mentality on success. It comes and goes.

But for fans that have waited 40 years (13 of which are Regiers) and to have "never" tasted the ultimate prize, a good majority of us have a narrowed definition of successful.

I ain't gettin no younger, as the saying goes. You know what I mean?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been following them since 1972 myself and have come to the same place as far as being satisfied with just competing. This team as is may make the playoffs but it's a suckers bet for winning a SC if it did. 13 years is time for a change even if just for the sake of change.

This has to be what Regier was waiting for. I can definitely see a trade coming now, without question. The organization has too many D men for Buffalo and Portland at this time. Regier looks to be setting himself up to move a commodity other teams are seeking at this time, Defensive Depth.

You do know that putting this theory in every thread won't increase the odds that Darcy will actually make it true, right? :nana:

You do know that putting this theory in every thread won't increase the odds that Darcy will actually make it true, right? :nana:

:D

Just speculating.

And on that note, cue the "stop posting (fill in the blank) crap on this site cause I'm tempted to (whats the term?)....ban, or ah, ya, ignore you" posts.

:D

Just speculating.

And on that note, cue the "stop posting (fill in the blank) crap on this site cause I'm tempted to (whats the term?)....ban, or ah, ya, ignore you" posts.

Why won't they just put some of them on waivers?

My opinion - there will be no trade.

Why won't they just put some of them on waivers?

My opinion - there will be no trade.

Well thats really the question I have on this Swamp.

Doesn't Weber and Butler have to clear waivers to be sent down, and if so, wouldn't that happen following camp?

If this is the case, niether one of them make it to Portland in my opinion, they'd get picked up.

Sekera, isn't he on a 1 way, 2 year deal, according to capgeek thats what I'm reading, is that correct?

As I have stated before in response to someone else who posted something similar, the Sabres do not have too many blueliners. Seven for Buffalo and seven for Portland.

Buffalo...Rivet, Myers, Montador, Morrisonn, Leopold, Butler & Sekera

Portland...Weber, Gragnani, Brennan, Scheistel, Crawford, Biega & Persson

As I have stated before in response to someone else who posted something similar, the Sabres do not have too many blueliners. Seven for Buffalo and seven for Portland.

And can't they send players down from Portland to portland's farm teams?

Well thats really the question I have on this Swamp.

Doesn't Weber and Butler have to clear waivers to be sent down, and if so, wouldn't that happen following camp?

If this is the case, niether one of them make it to Portland in my opinion, they'd get picked up.

Sekera, isn't he on a 1 way, 2 year deal, according to capgeek thats what I'm reading, is that correct?

Capgeek has Butler eligible to be sent down while Weber isn't. If any of the CBA CPA want to step in at this point and clarify things, that would be great.

And who knows if Rivet will be ready for the start of the season

Capgeek has Butler eligible to be sent down while Weber isn't. If any of the CBA CPA want to step in at this point and clarify things, that would be great.

Yep, I think Butler can go down but has to clear on the way back up. Is this correct?

Archived