Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

I'd be willing to bet that he took a smaller deal to get the one-way contract.

and i suspect he's wishing he'd taken the ~$800 (x2?) that the sabres were reportedly offering on a one-way basis (or maybe i am mis-reading the content - maybe it was $800k but 2-way).

i'm just reflecting on this for the first time, but if you're a player of kennedy's caliber, isn't turning down the sabres for $800K/2-way sort of cowardly? c'mon, timmy, you take the deal, get to camp in the shape of your life, you kick a bunch of behind, you go on to pot your 35-40 points, you kill penalties -- i.e., you play in such a way that they can't ever consider sending you down.

/sounds like a management ballwasher.

and i suspect he's wishing he'd taken the ~$800 (x2?) that the sabres were reportedly offering on a one-way basis (or maybe i am mis-reading the content - maybe it was $800k but 2-way).

i'm just reflecting on this for the first time, but if you're a player of kennedy's caliber, isn't turning down the sabres for $800K/2-way sort of cowardly? c'mon, timmy, you take the deal, get to camp in the shape of your life, you kick a bunch of behind, you go on to pot your 35-40 points, you kill penalties -- i.e., you play in such a way that they can't ever consider sending you down.

/sounds like a management ballwasher.

He's making over $800k this year thanks to the buy out. Still, if that deal was on the table, he's still missing that 2nd $800k. He better hope he goes out there and actually earns a big raise because his qualifying offer next year will be a lot lower than this year's was. Then again, he could just go the arbitration route again, then get bought out by the Rangers and steal another $300k.

He's making over $800k this year thanks to the buy out. Still, if that deal was on the table, he's still missing that 2nd $800k. He better hope he goes out there and actually earns a big raise because his qualifying offer next year will be a lot lower than this year's was. Then again, he could just go the arbitration route again, then get bought out by the Rangers and steal another $300k.

would they even be obligated to qualify him?

Oh hush now, that's not what I was going for.

I know.. It's my standard reaction. Patented for the 2010-2011 season.

He practiced with the RIT men's team today for some reason. According to our former goalie Jared DeMichael, "Toronto's new man Clarke MacArthur skated with the boys today, let's just say they got a deal at 1.1 mil for the year, he can play"

As an Alum, I'm happy to see the Hockey team do so well. Was last year a 100 year storm, or are they in line for a repeat?

and steal another $300k.

Wow....

Who's the loser here?

Kennedy making what he would have but with a one way deal on a historic franchise in maybe the best city in the world

Rangers getting a gritty all-around role player with potential for only 65% of his salary

The Sabres waste 1% of their yearly expenditures out of pure spite....in the mean time Uncle Larry is figuring out what kind of gimmick he can come up with to squeeze an extra $10 out of those old slug jerseys still in inventory come Christmas time.

I'd say the fans Bill.......I'd say the fans.....

Wow....

Who's the loser here?

Kennedy making what he would have but with a one way deal on a historic franchise in maybe the best city in the world

Rangers getting a gritty all-around role player with potential for only 65% of his salary

The Sabres waste 1% of their yearly expenditures out of pure spite....in the mean time Uncle Larry is figuring out what kind of gimmick he can come up with to squeeze an extra $10 out of those old slug jerseys still in inventory come Christmas time.

I'd say the fans Bill.......I'd say the fans.....

Way to quote only one sentence. Anyway, he's being paid less than he would have and he's with a worse team in a city where the cost of living is miles ahead of Buffalo. He would take it all back in a second if he could.

I know.. It's my standard reaction. Patented for the 2010-2011 season.

As an Alum, I'm happy to see the Hockey team do so well. Was last year a 100 year storm, or are they in line for a repeat?

I sincerely hope this year will show similar levels of success. I don't expect a return to the Frozen Four, but I'd love to make the regionals again.

I was also talking with our Women's team coach today. He's very excited for this season. Thinks that "this is the year".

I sincerely hope this year will show similar levels of success. I don't expect a return to the Frozen Four, but I'd love to make the regionals again.

I was also talking with our Women's team coach today. He's very excited for this season. Thinks that "this is the year".

Your women's team will have to deal with BU. I think I'm actually going to check out some of those games this year because they brought in a pair of olympians.

Maybe i'm just slow, but this just came to me just now.... Kennedy's first game at HSBC Arena will be our home opener.... that is cool.

I think it's safe to say this is one former Sabre who won't be booed. I bet if he scored -- and is there any doubt he will? -- he would get a standing O.

What's her name?

There's actually 3 of them, but the girl who scored both goals in the gold medal game against the US is the big one. I've never cared much for women's hockey, thanks mostly to the fact that BU doesn't really bother to advertise for it at all, but this might be enough to get me to go.

I think it's safe to say this is one former Sabre who won't be booed. I bet if he scored -- and is there any doubt he will? -- he would get a standing O.

Personally, I don't think they'll really care.

Personally, I don't think they'll really care.
No way he gets a standing o and I'd say the odds of him getting booed are 40/60.

i'd expect a smattering of hoots and applause blended with boos. as to the latter, there'll be no telling who's booing the defector and who's booing the FO. in any case, i don't expect it to be a rousing reaction.

i'd expect a smattering of hoots and applause blended with boos. as to the latter, there'll be no telling who's booing the defector and who's booing the FO. in any case, i don't expect it to be a rousing reaction.

But booing the front office is so easy to do. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that over the top announcer guy say "And your managing partner, LARRRRRRRRY QUINN!!!"

But booing the front office is so easy to do. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that over the top announcer guy say "And your managing partner, LARRRRRRRRY QUINN!!!"

nice.

i suspect that such an announcement could produce one of the 10 loudest in-game moments i have ever experienced at the arena -- not loud like it was after drury's game 5 rangers goal or briere's game 6 hurricanes goal -- but loud.

Archived